The ANTZ are winning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circa Survivor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Omaha, NE
If I have to hear "those things are worse than cigs" one more time I'm gonna hurt someone!

The other side seems to be winning the propaganda war with their lies. We need to step up our game and get some good publicity.

Nowadays people will believe anything they're told. Can't think for themselves. Plus they're just plain stupid lol.

Danbrooks2k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Pensacola, Florida
I hear that a lot... mostly from smokers. helps them feel better about not trying to quit.

The last time someone said "Your still going to get cancer anyway" I said " Thats fine, the money I save on cigarettes can go to pay for my chemotherapy or funeral, the upside is I am saving money".

I dont even bother to argue with them anymore. I am a paramedic with advanced training in pharmacology, anatomy and physiology and microbiology. I dont claim to be a doctor, but I do have more knowledge than the average layperson.

My Stepmom has a son in law. I gave him and his wife ego starter kits and some really good juice the christmas of 2013. He has pneumonia or some sort of respiratory infection and is running a fever. They called to see if I had any z-pack or other antibiotic stashed away they could give him.

I told them no. The best medicine I could give him he got over a year ago and threw it in the garbage. Stepmom says he is still smoking 2 packs a day while deathly ill. He has multiple health problems ( mostly smoking related ). His blood preassure has been dangerously high for the last 2 years. It is going to take a stroke or cardiac arrest for any of them to take me seriously.

Honestly, I dont care if they lsiten or not. I have improved my personal health and that is what is most important to me. I have helped almost a dozen people successfully quit smoking cigarettes. You can lead a horse to water but they might decide they want to drink the coolaid instead.

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
It's really frustrating when u are proud of yourself for doing something to improve your health and people bash what you are doing. I get so angry cause they won't listen to the facts or even use a little common sense. We desperately need to get some good publicity showing all the positive effects vaping has had in people's lives. Even my sister who is a FNP believes the fda lies!

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
My concern is not that people are saying vaping is bad. It is the fact that 6 months ago only a few were saying it. Now days I am hearing it on an almost daily basis which means the ANTZ are succeeding in spreading their message. If we just ignore these people and don't fight back we will lose this battle. IMHO

VapinWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Grand Bay, Alabama USA
Usually I am up for the debate, ready for the lectures and eager to point people in the right direction for self education.
Saturday wasn't one of those days and before my filter could kick in my mouth opened and out came, "Well, you have to die from something. Who the hell wants to die perfectly healthy?"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If I have to hear "those things are worse than cigs" one more time I'm gonna hurt someone!

The other side seems to be winning the propaganda war with their lies. We need to step up our game and get some good publicity.

I Agree.

And until we move the Conversation to Outside the ECF, they will Continue to.

Circa Survivor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Omaha, NE
You know, I hear that mostly from my mom, and sometimes from my other family members, that "I heard those are worse than cigarettes." They never liked that I smoked for so long, but now that I've been off cigarettes for a while and doing something (in my opinion) healthier, they have to always try and find the negatives about it. They need something they can shame me for, and always have to be "holier than thou."

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
We really do need to find a way to take the conversation to the masses. Whining about it here on ECF is not getting us anywhere. .....kinda like preaching to the choir.

Man... The ECF should come up with a 10+ Like Button for Posts like Yours.

Let's get a Thread or Sub-Forum going where people can Post Horrible News Articles that Members can Comment to the Author/Publish to.

And let's Also get a Thread or Sub-Forum going where people can Good News Articles that Members can Comment to the Author/Publish to also.

Strings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Manitowoc WI USA
I've kinda suggested looking into getting some commercials out there. Folks thought I was joking

Have you heard the phrase "Think globally, act locally"? Follow it: check your local papers for op ed pieces, and comment. Write your own op ed pieces. Pay attention to legislative updates (you're a part of CASAA, right"). When something is going on in your state, city, or county... go and be heard!

That's how we win

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
IMO, what you are seeing is the result of the 'Poison The Waterhole Tactic' being used by the our elected representatives. The ANTZ are just the foot soldiers. Our precious government is trying to head off the loss of Tobacco Money. The politicians, FDA, CDC, Federal, State and local get boat loads of money from BT, BP. If that were to dry up a significant amount of their ability to "Govern" would disappear. Like Scott Burns wroth in a Dallas Morning News article over the weekend Follow The Money.

The high cost of politicians | Dallas Morning News

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
I've kinda suggested looking into getting some commercials out there. Folks thought I was joking

Have you heard the phrase "Think globally, act locally"? Follow it: check your local papers for op ed pieces, and comment. Write your own op ed pieces. Pay attention to legislative updates (you're a part of CASAA, right"). When something is going on in your state, city, or county... go and be heard!

That's how we win
1000+ agree. We must be active in CASAA and our local legislation. But....just like in national politics many do not participate and/or even pay attention for the most part. We need action from the majority instead of a small minority.

Strings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Manitowoc WI USA
1000+ agree. We must be active in CASAA and our local legislation. But....just like in national politics many do not participate and/or even pay attention for the most part. We need action from the majority instead of a small minority.

The number of NRA members compared to the estimated number of gun owners is weird: maybe (at most) 10%. Yet they manage to fight a continuous battle blocking gun control.

During the Revolution, it's estimated that only like 13% of the colonial citizens supported independence. But they won.

Carrie Nation didn't have all THAT many followers. But my, were they heard!

Really, it doesn't take much for a minority to achieve things. But it does take work by that minority.

Granted, I wish more people would actually educate themselves on issues facing society. And by "educate", I don't mean "listen to the 5 o'clock news occassionally". Had THAT discussion with one of my younger coworkers yesterday

SuperTaz

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Quebec, Canada
The ANTZ are winning?.....NOT! Prohibition did not work. Prohibiting underage drinking did not work. Preventing teen pregnancies did not work. Anti-......... laws did not work......Our almighty "Deciders" can try to outlaw vaping but does anyone honestly think it will go away. Trust me.....the underground economy is a lot stronger than we think. And to all those ANTZ........ well you just can't fix stupid. This is only one crazy Canadians opinion of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread