The Best Starter Kit I’ve Ever Seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nTripps

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
The South
Yeah, that's always a good idea to have plenty of batteries and juice ready for use; if it wasn't for that I'd have been tempted to smoke again, I think. There's probably far better and fancier kits out there, but I'm really enjoying my standard Evod kit, and since changed out the batteries for 900's (I just love the modularity of these things). I'm probably just gonna stick with kanger from now on; the build quality is good, stable, and pretty classy, depending on what colour you choose. I went with steel, but probably would order purple or black - they look good, and have a texturised coating. My only gripe with the Evod tank is how tricky it can be to fill; the tank is almost opaque, and filling is a bit of a guessing game, so I'll probably change those to Protanks eventually, but I'm more than happy for now.

HDRock

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
USA
It sounds like the only issues anyone is having are with the batteries. Being a noob, but jumping in with both feet, I've order a few things yet to be delivered, and bought a VV yesterday. Would this kit work with batteries other than what comes in their kits? I've quickly learned to have 2 batteries charged, just in case. I don't ever want to be stranded & tempted to start the stinkies again.

Other batteries and tanks should fit , no problem ,using the threading on the batts , 510 inside threads, or ego outside threads ,just screw em on , you will see when you get your new stuff

Edit,

ego-510-thread.jpg

The outside thread is an EGO THREAD
The inside thread is a 510 THREAD

So you can put any eGo or 510 device onto an eGo battery.

The same is NOT true for 510, in some cases you can screw on a eGo to a 510 only device, but it doesn’t always work or is underpowered. There are 510 to eGo adapters to make to process easier but it is generally for Mods or devices that can handle an eGo cartomizer/clearomizer

The original purpose of an eGo thread was to make everything “bigger” and the thread was also a bonus that let companies design “cones” that would hide the threading and make a 510 on an eGo battery look better on the larger eGo batteries.

So bottom line:
You can use any 510 on any eGo and you can use almost any eGo on a 510 with a proper adapter.

Last edited:

taguy

Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
houston
I just got my VV E-Max and BCC Max JK65 and Vivi Nova a couple of days ago. Yeah ... I'm loving them. So much so I think it's time for another episode of Max Vaper, e-cig investigator.

I'm going to get accused of being a Bobalex stalker (don't get a restraining order, lol) as I bought the Go-Go starter kit back in June last yr based on his recommendation, and it's been good to me, but I lost one of my GG Batt last mth and replaced it with the Fury, and it's just been a dud (and can't get Cigeasy to return my emails, that's a deal killer for me), plus I'd like to have something alitlle smaller to carry around, even if I get the Fury fixed. I really like the M1 tanks though,
I had found this Kanger Twist Silverback Kit , which I thought was a pretty good deal, especially with the protanks, but got on here and saw these Emax's. Their VV doesn't really compare to the above as you still would need to get the PT's, but think I'm going to try the original kit, with the smaller 650's.
They are out of all their 650 starter kits, but am assuming they will restock soon.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm going to get accused of being a Bobalex stalker (don't get a restraining order, lol) as I bought the Go-Go starter kit back in June last yr based on his recommendation, and it's been good to me, but I lost one of my GG Batt last mth and replaced it with the Fury, and it's just been a dud (and can't get Cigeasy to return my emails, that's a deal killer for me), plus I'd like to have something alitlle smaller to carry around, even if I get the Fury fixed. I really like the M1 tanks though,
I had found this Kanger Twist Silverback Kit , which I thought was a pretty good deal, especially with the protanks, but got on here and saw these Emax's. Their VV doesn't really compare to the above as you still would need to get the PT's, but think I'm going to try the original kit, with the smaller 650's.
They are out of all their 650 starter kits, but am assuming they will restock soon.

Sorry to hear about you VV Fury problem. The Fury and the M1 are one of my top fave combos. That said ... the VV E-max Twist is working out really well. All the tanks I've tried from MaxVapor.com are workhorses and as much as I like the compact E-Max batts ... The VV E-Max Twist gets my vote. Once you get used to fine-tuning your vape it's tough to go back. If I had to choose between the E-Max, Vivi Nova, Protank, or the Max JK65 tanks ... I'd really have to think about it. Hence the new video about my experiences with them. Bottom Line? None of them disappoint. For details ... video coming soon.

rydordi

Oct 8, 2013
Sterling VA
Hi all,

First time posting... I could of sworn that I had an account here, but I had to create a new one. I'm not sure if I want to even post this at the risk of sounding like a shiller.. but I am also feeling like I got a little duped at the same time.

anyway, a few years ago, before my son was born, I switched from cigs to all the nicorette products to quit smoking... until I tried a Blu disposable from the mall, then bought a joye510 kit. Eventually, about a year later, my wife and I started smoking again. We always talked about how dumb we were for starting back. We decided that the last carton we had, would be our last.. so we finished on Sunday of last week.

I started using the nicorette lozenges that I had in my closet from over 2-3 years ago. Last week was horrible and probably my least productive week at work. I came to ECF looking for a good place to get some juice, since the last place I ordered from (thevaporpro.com) sold me some that smelled and tasted like ammonia. Based on what I found years ago was that kit was pretty much the standard. Some of the things that I didn't like about it was that it leaked in my pocket and my thighs would burn either from the juice or from the button accidently being pressed. The cartridge didn't hold much juice and I would get a burnt dry pull or a sip full of sweet juice.

With all these vendors and all different types of juice, it's really tough to figure out where to buy from. This forum has way too much information and it's just all over the place. For the juice, I ended up choosing to buy from Goodejuice just because I got tired of reading and someone recommended it. I was only reading sections that had the most posts in it. I started looking at the kits the same way and found Bob's post. I also noticed that he posted the same thread in another section.

At first, I thought the same thing.. this guy is advertising this crap. Then Blondeambition chimed in and seemed like she was in it too. They were just hyping the emax up too much. I really don't see why there has to be so many different models.. an ecig is a tank, heating element, and a battery. How hard is it to standardize one and claim one model as the best? I went off and started researching again to get lost in information again. Got tired of reading and came back to this thread. The first guy that replied edited his post to say nevermind and I guess this Bob guy has some respect or something, saw his vid and thought he put way too much work in for this product. I don't know.. I guess since I saw the youtube vid that they have for the emax and how crappy it was, and that fact that they didn't use Bob's video made me think that maybe he was genuine. Both of them seemed like they have been vaping for a long time with a lot of posts.. so I started getting soft.

I ended up ordering this kit last thursday and got it yesterday. I've been using it for about 24 hours now. The batteries were charged. So from about 3pm yesterday, the battery died around 1 or so. I stayed up late playing COD. Everything went well. The cig works and doesn't leak like my old crap did. When I went to sleep, I took a drag with the ecig verticle and I got a taste of the juice, although it was not nearly as much as my old one did. All in all, it's seems like a good buy. We'll see how long it lasts. I'm no pro, but it works. I'm pretty sure that any modern ecig will be better than my joye510.

I came back to the thread just to say thanks and that I wasn't dissappointed, and that was as short as my post was going to be, but then I read all the flaming and thought that I should back these people up. If that guy posted the kanger evod kit earlier, I probably would have ordered that.. just because I like known brand names better. I still wouldn't know if Bob or Blonde have any affiliations with Maxvaper.. and I guess only they will know.

Life will be much easier when these products are sold in big retailers like Amazon, when we could read all the negative reviews to weed out the garbage. I don't mind coming back and telling you guys how this ecig does in X amount of time, but if it's garbage, I will definitely come back and let y'all know. Hopefully by then, there a good concise guide on all the leading ecigs.

Hi all. Wow.. this thread has a lot of pages now..
I just wanted to report after having this kit for over 4 months now.
At first, I liked the kit so much that I bought another, so I had 4 total batteries.
Now, I only used the kangar mini tanks and never used the other tanks. The batteries to this kit are the only thing that is different to me.

A few weeks had gone by, one of my batteries were charging all the way, and sometimes I would not get a hit. The button glowed blue, but there was nothing. I ended up taking it apart to see that the soldering was not a good job and the wire came loose. I still plan on re-soldering it. So I was left with 3 batteries. A couple of weeks ago, one of my batteries would charge all the way, but when I pull on it, the LED would be pink. So I have a dying battery. I am left with 2 and when I am down with one, I will find another brand.

The way I see it is, these batteries do last me a whole day. I was cycling through 2 batteries at a time. So we can say that:
4 Months x 30 Days = 120 divided by 2 = 60 recharges. 60 recharges is crap to me.

Maybe the battery that died was just a lemon... who knows.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
... and still going strong. Good battery performance and as for the E-Max tanks ... no leaking ... no gurgling. My next door neighbor got the E-Max starter kit a week after I did, successfully quit smoking, and has been a happy heavy vaper ever since. He followed my advice and bought another kit so he could have two in the pocket and two on the charger At All Times.

I've been using the E-Max Twist with the MAX JK65 BCC tanks exclusively lately to see just how these tanks will hold up. So far they've performed extremely well. Everybody has their own personal faves when it comes to the Big three (Flavor, Throat Hit, and Vapor) and I'd like to add a fourth and fifth item to the list ... the warmth of the vape and the draw.

This is where personal preferences come in Big Time. There are many vapers who like the Kanger mini protanks on their E-Max while I prefer the seemingly "warmer" vape of the mini Vivi Nova BCC and the MAX JK65. And the draw of the MAX JK65 is exactly what I'm looking for. My sister on the other hand isn't interested in anything unless it's an E-Max tank. Regardless of what you put on the batt ... the E-Max Does The Trick for a big chunk of the continuum of vapers. Like I said pages and pages ago ... The Best Ecig Starter Kit in the World.

And now that they've finished with celebrating the New Year over in China, Max Vaper's got everything back in stock.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've been torture testing the MAX JK65 BCC Clearomizers steadily to see how long they'll last. I have two that I use throughout the day (gotta have two flavors At All Times). For me they deliver exactly what I'm looking for in terms of Flavor, TH, Vapor, draw, and ease of use. Just love these things.

But ...

Last week after a refill I put one on a freshly charged battery and took a drag. The button light started flashing furiously. Uh Oh ... the only time I'd seen that happen was on my Boge Leo

boge_leo.jpg

And that signified One Dead Boge Leo Battery. I put the JK65 on another battery and ... same blinky. Hmmmmmmmmmm. I took a coil out of an E-Max tank and put it in the JK65.

All better. Not a dead batterry ... a dead coil.

So what have we learned? Replaceable coils are very cool. I knew that ... You knew that ... now I really know that.

kren

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2012
PA
A little help guys?
I am still using my original batteries bought back in October, along with THE ORIGINAL TANK - how cool is that ?????
Still no leakage issues. I have replaced the coil every three weeks or so when things start getting harsh. So easy to do!
But now I'm on my last coil replacement. Is there a way to clean my used coils? Can someone steer me to a YouTube vid or walk me through on this thread? I hate to buy more coils if indeed I can spruce my existing ones up to new status.
THANKS all!

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
A little help guys?
I am still using my original batteries bought back in October, along with THE ORIGINAL TANK - how cool is that ?????
Still no leakage issues. I have replaced the coil every three weeks or so when things start getting harsh. So easy to do!
But now I'm on my last coil replacement. Is there a way to clean my used coils? Can someone steer me to a YouTube vid or walk me through on this thread? I hate to buy more coils if indeed I can spruce my existing ones up to new status.
THANKS all!

If they are silica you are going to have to either buy new coils or rebuild them. The silica will become eroded after a while to the point of no return. You will need new silica (and that requires new wire).

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Just thought I'd pop in and give Team MV a heads up on some of their New "Spring" set ups available on the Site now.

I'm really digging the Springtime Colors available.... :banana: :banana: :banana:

Your Choice or Colors are; (3 are available right now.... more coming soon!)

PURPLE
GREEN or
YELLOW

For $44.95 you'll receive all of the following;

EXCLUSIVE FEATURES!

* COMPACT POWER (650 MAH)
* REGULATED 3.7 VOLTS
* ON-OFF FEATURE (5 QUICK CLICKS) -Larger Button
* CLASSY LED LIGHTS TRACK BATTERY LIFE (Light Changes from Blue-Purple-Red)
* EASY TO FILL STANDARD 1.6ML E MAX TANKS
* REPLACEABLE COILS (ATOMIZERS) New Improved Design!
* SEVEN (7) VIBRANT COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM
* SILKY NON-SCRATCH FINISH
**Exception - (Silver) Feature a Stainless Steel finish

YOUR KIT INCLUDES:

2 E-MAX MANUAL BATTERIES
2 E-MAX TANKS WITH COILS (2.5 ohm coils)
1 NEEDLE NOSE LIQUID BOTTLE
1 USB CHARGER
1 AC WALL ADAPTER
NEW UPGRADE - 5 EXTRA UNIVERSAL E-MAX COILS ( 2.5 ohm coils)
Universal Max Coils can be used with Mini Pro Tank, Vivi Nova BCC and E-Max Tanks!)
* BONUS CARRY CASE FOR ON THE GO!
- NEW UPGRADE - *NOW CASES ARE FEATURED IN COLORS TO MATCH BATTERY CHOICE

*** EXTRA BONUS! NOW INCLUDES YOUR CHOICE OF A 10ML BOTTLE OF MAX E-LIQUID!
Use drop down menu to select E-Liquid option (30 different flavor blends to choose from)

HINT! HINT! The PEACH is to die for!!!!!! :thumbs:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand, here's the link: "NEW SPRINGTIME E-MAX KIT"

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
A little help guys?
THANKS all!

Give me your 'specific' tank info kren and I'll hook you up with the info you need.

DJBoomBap

Oct 18, 2013
La La Land
I ordered one of these sets (the pro version) back in October after coming across this thread. I really liked the kit and the price.

The problem I was running into was that I kept sticking them in my pocket and breaking them!. I had to re-order a few toppers and a protank mini. I broke a total of 5 of the colored plastic tanks, 2 mini protanks, and one of the newer clear tanks.....Moral of my story, don't stick these in your pocket!

I ended up getting an MVP 2, but now my girlfriend uses these batteries with a protank mini 2.

I would recommend this company and set up to anyone. In fact, I DID get someone to order a pro kit! I have gotten freebies with every order placed.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
I ordered one of these sets (the pro version) back in October after coming across this thread. I really liked the kit and the price.

The problem I was running into was that I kept sticking them in my pocket and breaking them!. I had to re-order a few toppers and a protank mini. I broke a total of 5 of the colored plastic tanks, 2 mini protanks, and one of the newer clear tanks.....Moral of my story, don't stick these in your pocket!

I ended up getting an MVP 2, but now my girlfriend uses these batteries with a protank mini 2.

I would recommend this company and set up to anyone. In fact, I DID get someone to order a pro kit! I have gotten freebies with every order placed.

I hope you didn't throw those protank 2's away. If the glass broke, you can merely replace the glass for like $3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread