Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Happy Thanksgiv'n guys/gals/ducks.... Sorry i haven't been round after the contest, i will be back, not soon, but i will.. there just isn't enough time. Hope you all are great, and had/ have a great Thanksgiving. I had clams in lieu of turkey, i think that's gonna have to be a new tradition... or maybe clam stuffed turkey... hummm...
wow......love clams!! Just about the only time a year I eat turkey of any kind is Thanksgiving, and it just wouldn't be the same to me without the bird. Christmas is ham or maybe duck. But.......if I had access to and $$ for some really great seafood, I'd be all about that for New Years!! along with some black eyed peas and collard greens of course. I'm not superstitious...........just a lil bit stitous!! hehehe
I wish you lots of business, but don't want you workin yourself into the ground.

I think I'll ask Sandy Claws if he can spare a few elves for you!!!

Remind me to eat turkey in your honour :p
This is one holiday y'all should definitely adopt. Think about what you're thankful for....... then stuff your face til ya can't move and watch football all day!!! God bless America!! hehehe

Mostly creepy. :lol:
Agreed! hehehe but we still luv ya nic!

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
I love seafood and consume my fair share of it. I love lobster but the cost cuts it out.
My fave is shrimp and salmon. I eat a lot of both.

Same here. We sometimes spend the weekend south of us where they harvest crayfish (our lobster) and you can buy it off the boats when they come in. Best, freshest crayfish you can possibly imagine. Now I am drooling :p

Last edited:

h418982

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2014
Des Moines IA
Same here. We sometimes spend the weekend south of us where they harvest crayfish (our lobster) and you can buy it off the boats when they come in. Best, freshest,moray fish you can possibly imagine. Now I am drooling :p
That is what makes me sad about the midwest, there is no such thing as fresh seafood.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I love seafood and consume my fair share of it. I love lobster but the cost cuts it out.
My fave is shrimp and salmon. I eat a lot of both.
I wouldn't turn my nose up at lobster......but I'll take crab over lobster any day! Crab and really good scallops are my favs. Like shrimp too if they're good, but am picky about em. Same with salmon......a lot of what we get here just isn't good. It better not taste "fishy" and a lot of it here does. I bet y'all get good stuff up in that cold water

That is what makes me sad about the midwest, there is no such thing as fresh seafood.
no such thing in the middle of Tx either. Heck I lived in Galveston right on the Gulf, and we rarely got fresh seafood even there. Occasionally some shrimp off a shrimp boat but ya had to know someone or they had to have a lot of excess. And it wasn't really good shrimp. Gulf seafood just isn't as good as ocean seafood I don't think.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Sadly, just found out that our favorite seafood restaurant here that's been in business for over 100 years is closing after this weekend. :cry: Now we'll have to search for another one.
Seems wrong to like the post but I feel your angst. :(

rudedog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2014
toledo ohio
I hope everyone had a great TG,i was reading on the battery situation(new aw's being to long) and was hoping to get some info on which batts will work now in the BB.i don't want to order them and get the wrong ones.i bought cash74's rat black...I thinks what he called it and gave it to my wife and the thing hits good for a while then will hit and shut of.so im guessing the used batts I got with the BB are just wore out.i had them at full charge then when I checked them after 30 mins of vaping they were down to 3.3 to 3.4 volts.any help would be great.thanks and take care...Rick

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Funny - I just had a very pleasant and enjoyable conversation about this with "DD" today (we talked for over an hour -more about this tomorrow), because I felt I had also gotten a couple of batteries that were too long given that they were difficult to get into the "Billet Box" . . . :(

Long story short - The recommended battery is :

1) AW icr 123 16340 Protected

Which is the one that will occasionally be a little too long - they should be average length of 34.7 mm to the max of 34.9 mm (as per RTD email), so if concerned or worried then best to request that the seller check them out before shipping to you.

Also - I found out Today from "DD" that "You" can also use the "Red" one:

2) AW IMR 16340 3.7v 550mAh

However, These are not "Protected" . . . :(

Both of these are actual links to the seller RTD, who -from our recent correspondence - seems to be a very nice vendor and is willing to work with "You" . Matter of fact, RTD is having a major sale on everything right now:

COUPON CODE: BLACKFRIDAY for 15% OFF the ENTIRE SITE! :thumbs:
(The sale will run from Friday November 27th through Monday November 30th)
SO - If "You" do purchase from RTD, just tell them that Your "Uncle" from ECF sent Ya' . . . ;)

Don't know if this will hinder or help Ya', but it might be FUN if Ya' did . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:
Would be interesting to hear what happens though . . . Enquiring Minds NEED to Know . . . ;)

Last edited:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I hope everyone had a great TG,i was reading on the battery situation(new aw's being to long) and was hoping to get some info on which batts will work now in the BB.i don't want to order them and get the wrong ones.i bought cash74's rat black...I thinks what he called it and gave it to my wife and the thing hits good for a while then will hit and shut of.so im guessing the used batts I got with the BB are just wore out.i had them at full charge then when I checked them after 30 mins of vaping they were down to 3.3 to 3.4 volts.any help would be great.thanks and take care...Rick

@rudedog - Congrats on your new piece! I hope she loves it.

Here are the batteries I'm using, they fit and work great:

AW icr 123 16340 Protected

Rudedog I am using the same batteries as spacelord, and the newer batteries are a bit longer, but they do still fit, and work great. :)

KAS

rudedog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2014
toledo ohio
Funny - I just had a very pleasant and enjoyable conversation about this with "DD" today (we talked for over an hour -more about this tomorrow), because I felt I had also gotten a couple of batteries that were too long given that they were difficult to get into the "Billet Box" . . . :(

Which is the one that will occasionally be a little too long - they should be average length of 34.7 mm to the max of 34.9 mm (as per RTD email), so if concerned or worried then best to request that the seller check them out before shipping to you.

Both of these are actual links to the seller RTD, who -from our recent correspondence - seems to be a very nice vendor and is willing to work with "You" . Matter of fact, RTD is having a major sale on everything right now:

SO - If "You" do purchase from RTD, just tell them that Your "Uncle" from ECF sent Ya' . . . ;)

Don't know if this will hinder or help Ya', but it might be FUN if Ya' did . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:
Would be interesting to hear what happens though . . . Enquiring Minds NEED to Know . . . ;)

thank you all for the fast response to my post.i was gonna wait til tomorrow to check but as it is I have 4 aw's ordered and hope that's the only reason the bbox keeps shuttin down.the bats I got with it look very well used so fingers crossed.i don't wanna have to pay to have it fixed on top of what I gave for it.its the first time its not vaped when I hit the fire button.the wife was just starting to use it so we will see what happens!hope everyone had a great TG and Christmas will be even better for everyone!-Rick,thanks again and ill let ya know what happens!

rudedog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2014
toledo ohio
I put down that ya sent me there Uncle so we will see what happens.thanks again!the batts I have 4 out of the 6 wont fully charge and when they do it doesn't take long to usem up.so I think ill be good when the new batts get here.L8TR ya'll! and goodnite!

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I must have 10 or 15 sets of batteries because I used them in other devices. I have the black flame trust fires I think plus all the other ones you mentioned. I've been weeding out the bad ones but I'm good for awhile.

On the seafood I'm lucky living on the coast. Another one of my favorites is steamers (clams). We used to go get them out of the water while camping, steam them over an open fire and have clams and beer until we were stuffed.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
On the seafood I'm lucky living on the coast. Another one of my favorites is steamers (clams). We used to go get them out of the water while camping, steam them over an open fire and have clams and beer until we were stuffed.
Steamers! Yum!!! I used to live in MA, where Ipswich clams were plentiful and inexpensive. I love lobster and shrimp, but there's nothing like great steamers and whole belly fried clams :)

I ordered a bunch of the recommended batteries from RTD, a couple of months ago. After all of this talk, I perhaps should take them out and see that they fit! Meanwhile, waiting for vape mail, which, according to the USPS, had an expected delivery date of yesterday. :facepalm:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Sadly, just found out that our favorite seafood restaurant here that's been in business for over 100 years is closing after this weekend. :cry: Now we'll have to search for another one.
oh that stinks. We have a lot of different types or restaurants here, including many ethnic types cuz of GI's that married folks in countries they were stationed in and brought em back, but we're sadly lacking in decent seafood restaurants.

i bought cash74's rat black...I thinks what he called it and gave it to my wife and the thing hits good for a while then will hit and shut of.so im guessing the used batts I got with the BB are just wore out.i had them at full charge then when I checked them after 30 mins of vaping they were down to 3.3 to 3.4 volts.
Congrats on the purchase!! Hope that the only thing wrong is the batteries, but yeah those are definitely worn out.

I felt I had also gotten a couple of batteries that were too long given that they were difficult to get into the "Billet Box" .
Mine are very difficult to get in, and were nearly impossible to get out, so I wrapped some packing tape around them, made a tab where the two ends of tape come together and pull them out with that.

Meanwhile, waiting for vape mail, which, according to the USPS, had an expected delivery date of yesterday. :facepalm:
whatchya gittin??? Hope it's there today. (don't ya just love nosy friends)??? hehehe

ok, who put their Christmas tree up yesterday???? My dil has plans for us to decorate this weekend. This will be the first time in many years that I've had a tree, and I'm so excited I'm like a lil kid!!

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Does anyone know what's planned for Cyber Monday? I haven't got an email from BB Vapor, and the site doesn't say anything more than "getting ready for Cyber Monday."

I was hoping someone would say something about it as well, I was planning to order a BB today, Monday is not a good day for me I will be working, most likely will miss the one I want. :(

KAS

rudedog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2014
toledo ohio
I finally got 2 of the 6 batts to charge to 4.2 and used them for a half of a tank and they crapped out,putem on the charger and 2mins later charger says fully charged....yeah I think I got the life outta them.is the auto shut off when ya hit the fire button what everyone experiences when their batts are dead or dying?i just hope I don't have to send it in.i hadn't hardly used it since I had got it but it worked fine up til the batt deal.thanks again for the super help I got in finding batts for it.tty when I get my new batts rockin!L8TR-Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread