Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Tamworth UK
For the “go-to” build:
Can you tuck a surplus piece of cotton on top of the juice holes, and tuck the ends of your wick into that?

That's what I've been doing. My preferred build is with a 2mm drill but like kas, I find that there is not enough cotton over the juice holes to prevent leaking. Using the surplus pieces of cotton I've been getting great flavour and no leaks.

TheSneakerHoarder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
DFW
I have officially retired my Vape Shell, it just does not work for MTL vaping. I think it is mainly because of the huge juice holes in the bottom of it. If I build my usual coil, on a 3/32" drill bit, I can't get enough cotton in it to stop it from leaking. The flavor is there but it leaks everywhere, if I build a larger coil to get more cotton in it to stop the leaking, then I get no flavor. So once again back to the Classic Bridge and aspire coils. I am tired of fiddling with this thing. The other one (crossbow) looks like it would work better for me, but if it is $175.00 USD then I just cant afford that. My :2c:.

KAS

Try leaving the ends longer, and fluff, FLUFF them up real nice. After using the Crossbow, I have dropped down to a 2mm coil, and have no issues with either atty.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
Sorry, no, that's the SXK? I was fooled for a minute. I'm learning a lot guys! Thanks!
Late reply but that is not an SXK I posted. That is an authentic Dober Billet Box. I also have a plain silver/aluminum authentic Billet Box. And I do have an SXK with a DNA60 but it is black.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Late reply but that is not an SXK I posted. That is an authentic Dober Billet Box. I also have a plain silver/aluminum authentic Billet Box. And I do have an SXK with a DNA60 but it is black.
Do you have one with the USB port? Does it work? For that sole purpose I'd get one!

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
Do you have one with the USB port? Does it work? For that sole purpose I'd get one!
No but as Dconnor said, I'm sure it works fine. What I had to do was buy a USB DNA board, take the SXK billet box apart and temporarily hook up the board to run escribe and install the Billet Box Dino profile onto the SXK.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Call me crazy...cuz you’d be crazy not to...

But, every now and then (I fall apart) I check out my list of bookmarked vape websites.

A lot of them are old, and it’s fun to see the gear I had bookmarked and never bought, and reminisce about things I thought would be so cool.

So where is this going?

I visit the Provape website once in a while.

Just out of some morbid nostalgia...right?

Well I just visited the website:

http://www.provape.com/

6be4b859f17bb87199d8134ab8c62d05.png

It seems that someone has purchased the domain.

Not gonna lie...there’s a TINY spark of hope in the back of my mind.

But, then again, I feel like it’s just some dummy who wanted to own the domain name.

Still, it was a small rush to see something “new” on that web address.

If this ends up being something real...well, one can hope right?

Wonder if BBV and Provape are teaming up on something special?

The listings on BBV have seemed oddly scarce as of late, and now this “new” Provape website shows up?

:chin scratch:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Call me crazy...cuz you’d be crazy not to...

But, every now and then (I fall apart) I check out my list of bookmarked vape websites.

A lot of them are old, and it’s fun to see the gear I had bookmarked and never bought, and reminisce about things I thought would be so cool.

So where is this going?

I visit the Provape website once in a while.

Just out of some morbid nostalgia...right?

Well I just visited the website:

http://www.provape.com/

6be4b859f17bb87199d8134ab8c62d05.png

It seems that someone has purchased the domain.

Not gonna lie...there’s a TINY spark of hope in the back of my mind.

But, then again, I feel like it’s just some dummy who wanted to own the domain name.

Still, it was a small rush to see something “new” on that web address.

If this ends up being something real...well, one can hope right?

Wonder if BBV and Provape are teaming up on something special?

The listings on BBV have seemed oddly scarce as of late, and now this “new” Provape website shows up?

:chin scratch:

About a week or so ago someone else discovered this, from what I remember Provape sold everything when they closed. I am not sure if that includes the website or not, it is very interesting though. I am trying to not get my hopes up, but I have been checking that page everyday. I would like to see at the very least that who ever bought their design's, start making replacement boards. (It does say 2018 Provape) :?:

KAS

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
My original love was a Provari. Had two mini 2.5 that I wish I still had (zombie n red/black), ran both in 18350 and they were my daily device with some ce4 tanks until I got into building and discovered kayfun. Then I discovered DNA boards and the Provari went by the wayside.

Recently busted out the P3 and got some higher capacity 18350s and been rocking it with the siren 2 and some nic salts. That and my BB are my daily devices now, they make a good combo.
IMG_20180818_212152.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
My original love was a Provari. Had two mini 2.5 that I wish I still had (zombie n red/black), ran both in 18350 and they were my daily device with some ce4 tanks until I got into building and discovered kayfun. Then I discovered DNA boards and the Provari went by the wayside.

Recently busted out the P3 and got some higher capacity 18350s and been rocking it with the siren 2 and some nic salts. That and my BB are my daily devices now, they make a good combo. View attachment 761351

I still enjoy some of both myself. No reason not to, at least not that I can see. :thumbs:

Provis_20180714_124702.jpg

BilletBoxes_20180227_211613.jpg

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013

Recently busted out the P3 and got some higher capacity 18350s and been rocking it with the siren 2 and some nic salts. That and my BB are my daily devices now, they make a good combo. View attachment 761351

Which 18350’s did you buy?

I’d love to get a high-res/low power set up going with some Nic Salts...time to use my P3’s again!

Thinking about these ones, since AW’s seem to be out of stock everywhereeeeeese...

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/...le-10a-1100mah-18350-accurately-rated.863595/

I’ve always trusted Mooch’s test results, and he found that these seem to be legit.

Last edited:
Reactions: kas122461

ikbtops

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2009
 ̄\_(",)_/ ̄
This is off topic, but I’ll be flying out of town tomorrow and I was wondering if any of you had advice for keeping the tank from leaking during flight. Should I just keep it empty? 1/2 empty? I’ve heard for some tanks turning it upside down helps. Any thoughts of helpful hints would be greatly appreciated as I’m trying to avoid a mess when I land. Thanks!

Reactions: HBcorpse

keighles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Maryland
This is off topic, but I’ll be flying out of town tomorrow and I was wondering if any of you had advice for keeping the tank from leaking during flight. Should I just keep it empty? 1/2 empty? I’ve heard for some tanks turning it upside down helps. Any thoughts of helpful hints would be greatly appreciated as I’m trying to avoid a mess when I land. Thanks!
I personally have had no problems with my tanks leaking on any flight. Of course I'm stealth vaping the whole time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
I've been using the aspire 18350s. I believe they're supposed to be 1100mah.

I switched to the P3 after miserable results with nic salts in the aspire breeze 2 and coils just flooding (because of the 50/50 pg/vg, no issues with a 70 vg) and not lasting long before tasting bad.
I run about a 1Ω coil and have my 5 memory settings at 3.3 3.5, 3.7, 4.0 and 4.2 volts, usually keeping it around 3.5. Very enjoyable with a 45mg salt nic.
Which 18350’s did you buy?

I’d love to get a high-res/low power set up going with some Nic Salts...time to use my P3’s again!

Thinking about these ones, since AW’s seem to be out of stock everywhereeeeeese...

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/...le-10a-1100mah-18350-accurately-rated.863595/

I’ve always trusted Mooch’s test results, and he found that these seem to be legit.

Reactions: HBcorpse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread