~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDC

Feb 13, 2016
Okay, just a quick question to those of you that use the BilletBridge Comfort. I'm trying to find a way to restrict the airflow of the Nautilus coils in my tank even more but I'm not having much luck. I've tried to put an o-ring to partially cover the air inlets on the coil and use a restrictive condensation plug but the draw still seems pretty loose (but I'm partial to a really tight draw). I've also tried to use cotton underneath the tank, but it's sort of a pain to remove and reinsert when I'm swapping out tanks so I thought there might be some better solutions out there. Anybody have any good suggestions?

Reactions: HBcorpse

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Okay, just a quick question to those of you that use the BilletBridge Comfort. I'm trying to find a way to restrict the airflow of the Nautilus coils in my tank even more but I'm not having much luck. I've tried to put an o-ring to partially cover the air inlets on the coil and use a restrictive condensation plug but the draw still seems pretty loose (but I'm partial to a really tight draw). I've also tried to use cotton underneath the tank, but it's sort of a pain to remove and reinsert when I'm swapping out tanks so I thought there might be some better solutions out there. Anybody have any good suggestions?

I ended up just covering up the holes on the inside of the box, until it felt right.:|

KAS

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013

What Kas and Opl suggest are great ideas.

I know there is a good selection of airflow control drip tips out there, if that could be an option for you.

ByLeo makes one that is very nice.

I realize that controlling airflow UNDER the coil creates a different vape than controlling from above, but if you’re not too particular about that type of thing, an AFC drip tip might be your best bet.

I ended up just covering up the holes on the inside of the box, until it felt right.:|

KAS

I use two o-rings. Once you get the tank back in, you can tweak the orings to adjust the draw.

Domejunky

Feb 28, 2017
A bit of 5/16" beer line fits the bottom of the comfort bridge. Slice a bit roughly 3.5mm in length, drill holes to suite. Easy for me as I had beer line knocking about

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.

:wub:
tenor.gif

DrDC

Feb 13, 2016
I appreciate the replies everyone! I've been using the two o-ring trick and it seems to work pretty well, but I hadn't considered using some spare tubing to fit over the airflow or a carb-style drip tip. I work in a lab so I might be able to find some tubing in the right diameter first. I'll give it a shot!

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I've read this thread for years but billet boxes never seemed to cater to my style of vaping. At least up until the 18650 versions dropped. I've been a die-hard single coil mech squonker guy for years. I've always loved the looks and idea behind the bb, but didn't want to spend the money on something that I figured would only be novelty.
Well, for the past month, I've been running 2 billet boxes exclusively. One has an insider in it and I was lucky enough to strike first on a second hand exocet for the other. I'm really enjoying these things and they're nowhere near as much of a hassle as I thought they'd be. Silly me....I thought I was through with rabbit holes.....

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Five years ago today was a Saturday. I was called into my office to fix something or other, and was sitting around waiting for a process to complete. I'd been tracking the original Billet Box thread since the day it dropped, but had decided to wait a bit to make sure there were no inherent issues with the design.

At this point, they'd been out for just under a year. I was bored, so I decided to just check their site (since I knew it was impossible to get one). Just for the heck of it, I tried to place an order.

It went through. I was kind of stunned, but took it as a sign. I guess I was supposed to have one.

For reasons I'll never understand, my "luck" with ordering BB's continued, all the way up to the time that they were generally available. I ordered a BUNCH (for friends and family, at their requests).

Saturday morning stalking became an event, and there was often a lot of adrenaline accompanying it. Long story short, I had a BLAST!

I know it sounds silly, but it's kind of a special memory for me. When I got home, I posted in the thread I'd been lurking for the first time, which cascaded into a host of other experiences and friendships, many of which remain to this day. Some, I hope, will remain for many years to come. :wub:

Then there's the fact that I failed to clean and oil it upon receipt, and almost lost it less than two weeks later (to a seized up door). That I managed to break it free without damaging the box at all is somewhat amazing. From that day forward, every Saturday was "cleaning" day. This little BB got USED, oh yes it did.

So on this, the 5th anniversary of my introduction to the marvelous world of Billet Box, I'm posting again.

This old Rev3 will be with me until my final breath. Of that I am certain.

Happy Friday, all, and Happy November 2nd! :D

BillletBox-OG_20181102_081004.jpg

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
AND - It will be a very big hole . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

There are many places to go, including that special one here on ECF that is "verifiable" good . . . :facepalm:

AND - Of course Ya' can start at the "BB" home base Here > > > >

GOOD LUCK & Have fun on "Your" BB journey . . . :D

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
These have been sparking my interest for some time now as something to switch things up every now and then but appear to be another unicorn vape item. Anybody know what’s the best way to obtain one if I felt inclined to jump down another hole?

Inventory usually goes up on Saturdays, 10:30 your time.

Billet Box - Billet Box Vapor

I believe they're doing a Cyber Monday sale though, so I'm not sure if they'll go live tomorrow too. Normal weeks, every Saturday at 10:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread