~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
The anodized ones would be nice to see again, I don't know the reason why the finished changed to cerakote. I wouldn't be looking for another mod if my BnLaw didn't drop mine and it's not acting right. Plus my other mod a friend built me the battery went out and when I replaced it now it doesn't read the lipo or charge.

The anodizing process, produces a number of flawed finishes, he had this problem for years. He finally switched to this coating after all these years. My first Rev 4, I ever got was a factory 2nd. (Flawed finish) It makes sense, spend all the effort to make these only to end up with a bad finish. :|

KAS

Cute Pup by the way. :)

Last edited:

bushmasterar15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Arizona
The anodizing process, produces a number of flawed finishes, he had this problem for years. He finally switched to this coating, after all these years. My first Rev 4, I ever got was a factory 2nd. (Flawed finish) It makes sense, spend all the effort to make these only to end up with a bad finish. :|

KAS

Cute Pup by the way. :)
Thanks for the info on that. Takes a bit to get perfect anodizing and cerakote doesn't need that much to get ready as it fills imperfections.

Appreciate you enjoying the pup pics. Just waiting on the puppy stage to finish and his ears to stand up straight. Think he'll make a great dog after all. Not a breed I would've got but we all deal with what life gives us and he loves me.

bushmasterar15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Arizona
Throwback to my Rev3 Fawkes
IMG_20160128_170949.jpg

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Is there someone still making the integrated rev4 billetbox drip tips? I can't see that Ohman, JMK is still making the short stubby tips as I'd like one.
View attachment 952721

I love JMK Tips! They almost eliminate all condensation around the boro and just a quarter of a turn, the boro is released. They are worth every penny.

bushmasterar15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Arizona
Is there someone still making the integrated rev4 billetbox drip tips? I can't see that Ohman, JMK is still making the short stubby tips as I'd like one.
View attachment 952721
Well Jason from JMK did get back to me and tips are still being made. So guess I'll try to get one ordered so I have that ready waiting. Then to figure out what RTA to get as I'm seeing so many now but some are harder to get then others. I do have one of the Atimizoo VapeShell from when they first made them but wanted something complete and easy to rebuild.

Do any of you use the VapeSnail, EVL Alien, Wik'd Bridge, Qbix, Exocet?

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Do any of you use the VapeSnail, EVL Alien, Wik'd Bridge, Qbix, Exocet?

1. VapeSnail - CHECK [emoji736]

2. EVL Alien - CHECK [emoji736]

3. Wick’d Bridge - NOPE [emoji777]

4. QBix - CHECK [emoji736]

5. Exocet - CHECK [emoji736]

5a. Exocet v2 - CHECK [emoji736]

I would whole-heartedly recommend the five (of those six) that I own, depending on what you’re looking for in an atomizer.

Happy to give feedback, if you’ve got questions!

I’d also add the VapeShell to that list…own it, love it.

bushmasterar15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Arizona
1. VapeSnail - CHECK [emoji736]

2. EVL Alien - CHECK [emoji736]

3. Wick’d Bridge - NOPE [emoji777]

4. QBix - CHECK [emoji736]

5. Exocet - CHECK [emoji736]

5a. Exocet v2 - CHECK [emoji736]

I would whole-heartedly recommend the five (of those six) that I own, depending on what you’re looking for in an atomizer.

Happy to give feedback, if you’ve got questions!

I’d also add the VapeShell to that list…own it, love it.
What type of setup (coils) are you running in the Vapesnail? I'm gonna still keep a watch for an EVL Alien but also just seen another new one from StraightUpSupply that looked pretty good that is a dual coil inside. Might be overkill for running in a BB.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: HBcorpse

bushmasterar15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Arizona
Well I went and did it in anticipation of being able to get a new BilletBox. I missed out getting the Lab Rat during last weeks drop as I wasn't quick enough entering my payment info thanks to our really slow internet connection. But I'll keep trying. Now I hope it fits as someone else posted a pic of their 2021 BilletBox that their vapesnail tank is to larger for the opening. Maybe the cerakote is to thick in the spot.
43140fa0f572bafa344ef1601024f113.jpg
387f7f9dc1a587c013961ae2b999d84c.jpg

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
What type of setup (coils) are you running in the Vapesnail? I'm gonna still keep a watch for an EVL Alien but also just seen another new one from StraightUpSupply that looked pretty good that is a dual coil inside. Might be overkill for running in a BB.

For the Snail, I’ve been using:

28g Kanthal

Two wires twisted

2.8mm diameter

5/6 wraps

0.5~ ohms

Fired at 25 watts

—————————

However, since the launch of the Aspire QBix atomizer, designed by Atmizoo, I’ve been using that, with my MTL build.

28g Kanthal - Single wire

2.5mm diameter

8 wraps, left to right

1.3-1.4~ ohms

0.8mm airflow insert

Airflow control closed 98%

Fire at 10-12 watts

24-36mg nic salts

—————————

I’ve seen some complaints about the Snail not fitting in the newer 2021 Cerakote boxes, but most of those people tend to blame the Snail…as if the device wasn’t designed around the Billet Box itself, which has changed its coating, therefore potentially changing the tolerances.

I’ve had no issues fitting anything in anything.

bushmasterar15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Arizona
For the Snail, I’ve been using:

28g Kanthal

Two wires twisted

2.8mm diameter

5/6 wraps

0.5~ ohms

Fired at 25 watts

—————————

However, since the launch of the Aspire QBix atomizer, designed by Atmizoo, I’ve been using that, with my MTL build.

28g Kanthal - Single wire

2.5mm diameter

8 wraps, left to right

1.3-1.4~ ohms

0.8mm airflow insert

Airflow control closed 98%

Fire at 10-12 watts

24-36mg nic salts

—————————

I’ve seen some complaints about the Snail not fitting in the newer 2021 Cerakote boxes, but most of those people tend to blame the Snail…as if the device wasn’t designed around the Billet Box itself, which has changed its coating, therefore potentially changing the tolerances.

I’ve had no issues fitting anything in anything.
Thanks for the info on the builds.

Reactions: HBcorpse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread