20210610_194527.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I finally scored a 2021 Grey last weekend. Think I'll grab one of these mats next time they come up, now I've seen yours in the wild. Very nice

NICE, Kelt!! It should be arriving soon too, if my math is in a general area of accuracy. Looking forward to some pics!

They did a really nice job with the mats. I got one of the Chris ones too, because I couldn't resist. And some battery wraps, of course. We ARE vapers! :D

Nice quality backing, and very nice artwork on both. I'm pleased.

Reactions: Wolfmeat

Kelt.

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 22, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    NICE, Kelt!! It should be arriving soon too, if my math is in a general area of accuracy. Looking forward to some pics!

They did a really nice job with the mats. I got one of the Chris ones too, because I couldn't resist. And some battery wraps, of course. We ARE vapers! :D

Nice quality backing, and very nice artwork on both. I'm pleased.
    I'll have to use a side table or somesuch, as I'm too attached to my British Union Flag, but it's good to hear they are quality.
    There's a couple of RevB's inbound as well, but they are destined for customization: a little cerakote here, a bit of lazer etching there, maybe some milling ...

In the meantime I'm a bit like a kid at Christmas waiting on that G11!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I'll have to use a side table or somesuch, as I'm too attached to my British Union Flag, but it's good to hear they are quality.
    There's a couple of RevB's inbound as well, but they are destined for customization: a little cerakote here, a bit of lazer etching there, maybe some milling ...

In the meantime I'm a bit like a kid at Christmas waiting on that G11!

I shuttle mats in and out onto the same spot. They're like drip tips for me. :lol:

Nice on the Rev3s too! If you don't mind the battery life, and the vape is in your range, it's tough to get a smoother vape outside of going full mech (IMO).

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Hello hive mind... I have a question.
    I'm looking for a boro tank for my GF, she's not a builder, so it has to be bridge compatible. However, I love the fill ports on the Vapesnail... is there a tank that combines these features?
    TIA

I’m not aware of any on the market, but I’ll admit I’m not current on all offerings, since there has been a recent surge in Boro popularity.

But, honestly, sliding the glass down on a stock Boro has always been super easy to me!

I wish more tanks were as easy to fill as a Boro tank!

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Well, all…

I’ve been here for a long time.

I’ve collected MANY Billet Boxes over the years…And I can’t believe I’m about to say this:

I just bought my first Kurbis. EVER.

A 2020 Rev.4, in 9-9.5/10 condition.

Should be here soon.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Well, all…

I’ve been here for a long time.

I’ve collected MANY Billet Boxes over the years…And I can’t believe I’m about to say this:

I just bought my first Kurbis. EVER.

A 2020 Rev.4, in 9-9.5/10 condition.

Should be here soon.

Ok so…not only did the Kurbis arrive…
    (UGH. I can’t believe I own an ORANGE BB!)

But ALSO…something else.

How many of you wish you could go back to vaping a BB with a tight MTL draw…?

Like…the Rev.3 days…?
    With 0.8mm airflow, UNDER THE COIL…?

Well have I got news for you!

The QBIX has arrived. Designed by Atmizoo, produced by Aspire. Super unlikely collaboration, but wow.

It’s essentially the same design as the Atmizoo DotShell for the DotAIO, but super-sized for the Rev.4 Boro world!

I’ve got the same build in it, that I have used every day in my DotShell…and it’s awesome!

Pics included are:
    1. My DotShell build notes (substitute 1.0mm airflow insert for the 0.8mm insert for the QBIX)

2. The QBix in its glory!

2F099A9B-0113-430E-8F76-985D96F52902.jpeg
    70A29E49-CA40-44A1-9385-B96056E23B59.jpeg

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Ok so…not only did the Kurbis arrive…
    (UGH. I can’t believe I own an ORANGE BB!)

But ALSO…something else.

How many of you wish you could go back to vaping a BB with a tight MTL draw…?

Like…the Rev.3 days…?
    With 0.8mm airflow, UNDER THE COIL…?

Well have I got news for you!

The QBIX has arrived. Designed by Atmizoo, produced by Aspire. Super unlikely collaboration, but wow.

It’s essentially the same design as the Atmizoo DotShell for the DotAIO, but super-sized for the Rev.4 Boro world!

I’ve got the same build in it, that I have used every day in my DotShell…and it’s awesome!

Pics included are:
    1. My DotShell build notes (substitute 1.0mm airflow insert for the 0.8mm insert for the QBIX)

2. The QBix in its glory!

View attachment 950473 View attachment 950475
    I'm loving the Qbix too. Been using it with the 3.5mm AF insert for RDL and I rate it right up there with the Mobb Mini.

Some people say it's just like the VapeSnail but I disagree. The Qbix uses gravity-fed wicking whereas the Snail uses capillary wicking from underneath. It has amazing flavour and wicks brilliantly - plus it's cheap. I bought mine from Sourcemore in the first run for $19.37.

It comes with 10 different gauge af inserts from 0.8mm all the way up to 4.0mm.

Another thing I like about it is that it has an AFC ring that actually works - you can fine tune your air and when it's closed off, it's really closed off. I don't own any other BB RBA that has a serious afc ring.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    I'm loving the Qbix too. Been using it with the 3.5mm AF insert for RDL and I rate it right up there with the Mobb Mini.

Some people say it's just like the VapeSnail but I disagree. The Qbix uses gravity-fed wicking whereas the Snail uses capillary wicking from underneath. It has amazing flavour and wicks brilliantly - plus it's cheap. I bought mine from Sourcemore in the first run for $19.37.

It comes with 10 different gauge af inserts from 0.8mm all the way up to 4.0mm.

Another thing I like about it is that it has an AFC ring that actually works - you can fine tune your air and when it's closed off, it's really closed off. I don't own any other BB RBA that has a serious afc ring.

As weird as this sentence was to think, in my own head, and as weird as it will be to type it out here…here it is:

The QBix may very well be the first BB atomizer that can genuinely satisfy all vape styles.

Vendors have been trying, for years, to make a universal atomizer, that could satisfy the DL cloud crowd and the coffee stirrer MTL crowd…but they always failed.

Either it’s too tight for the DL’ers or too loose for the MTL’ers…

But to be able to run airflow from 0.8 to 4.0, and anything in between…?
    And have it actually work???

I’m amazed.

I only wish there was a 22mm round atomizer, like this, for my Provari collection…

The QBix has silenced my desires for SvoëMestö to make a BB-Kayfun!

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    As weird as this sentence was to think, in my own head, and as weird as it will be to type it out here…here it is:

The QBix may very well be the first BB atomizer that can genuinely satisfy all vape styles.

Vendors have been trying, for years, to make a universal atomizer, that could satisfy the DL cloud crowd and the coffee stirrer MTL crowd…but they always failed.

Either it’s too tight for the DL’ers or too loose for the MTL’ers…

But to be able to run airflow from 0.8 to 4.0, and anything in between…?
    And have it actually work???

I’m amazed.

I only wish there was a 22mm round atomizer, like this, for my Provari collection…

The QBix has silenced my desires for SvoëMestö to make a BB-Kayfun!
    It's been a little slow to catch on. Maybe the low price has kept some BBers away, being so used to smaller-run, more boutique RBAs.

Seems to me it has the hallmarks of a classic design. Might be a good idea to buy a few before Aspire stop making them, or tweak it for a version 2 that doesn't work as well.

Reactions: HBcorpse

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2015
    Flyover Central

I can't say that I agree with either of these statements. For at least the last year (maybe two) both those goals were met by at least 4 or 5 companies that immediately come to mind. There were countless hours of R&D invested along with quality materials and machine work and unfortunately the RRPs reflected that.

If you mean that for the first time something really cheap can do it, you may be right.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    I can't say that I agree with either of these statements. For at least the last year (maybe two) both those goals were met by at least 4 or 5 companies that immediately come to mind. There were countless hours of R&D invested along with quality materials and machine work and unfortunately the RRPs reflected that.

If you mean that for the first time something really cheap can do it, you may be right.
    If you're including the Haku Xeta in that, I'd be curious to know if it works as well in true MTL as it does in RDL. I love mine for RDL but have never tried it in MTL settings. Same applies to the Mobb Mini in my case.

Can you list those 4 or 5 companies?

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2015
    Flyover Central
    If you're including the Haku Xeta in that, I'd be curious to know if it works as well in true MTL as it does in RDL. I love mine for RDL but have never tried it in MTL settings. Same applies to the Mobb Mini in my case.

Can you list those 4 or 5 companies?

Yes, the Xeta does an excellent MTL if you want. Along with the restrictors under the coil, remember it also has them for the chimney if you want really restricted flow.

As for the rbas, pretty much any that offer inserts. Xeta, Exocet 2, Vapesnail, and Alien come immediately to mind. The Ceo will be released shortly and I expect it to be every bit as good as the Haar, which might not fit HB's criteria as the makers state it's not really made for DL.

I've not tried the Mobb Mini as everything I saw pointed to it being very much aimed at vapers who like big air. There are a couple others like that but I'm not remembering which ones at the moment.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013

Bah!

I should have kept my gushing to a minimum, and remembered that vaping is 99% subjective. You’d think I’d know better.

But, 10 years into this hobby, and my experiences have lead me to stick to my opinion on this one.

This is not an exhaustive list of the BB atomizers I’ve owned, but since you mentioned these ones, here we go:

VapeSnail - amazing device, I own several. Does not have an 0.8mm option, or adjustable airflow control, to fine tune the 1.0mm pin. I’ve relegated mine to RDL service.

Exocet V2 - a great rebirth of a legend (v1). Even with the MTL deck kit, the coil/cotton of my “sweet spot” MTL build is too small, which leads to flooding. Another RDL service member for me.

EVL Alien - great design, smart ideas on the deck and wicking. Does not achieve MTL service status for me, as it floods and gurgles as well, due to the 0.8mm airflow causing too strong of a pull on the juice. There’s only so much cotton you can stuff into a 2.5mm coil before it doesn’t work. RDL camp for this bad boy!

XETA - I’ll hold back here…for me, on my BB-MTL hunt, the XETA is complete garbage. I’ve had three, because I wanted to make sure I didn’t “get a bad one”, but I’ve promptly sold them all. The XETA is what happens when someone decides to throw every possible feature into an atomizer, in a vain attempt to please the whole spectrum of airflow desires. I had high hopes for this one, based on the airflow options. Bought my first one off their second drop ever (thanks to Rob Fisher’s fast fingers). Hated it. Even for RDL service. Sold it. Bought another three months later, to see if maybe the first had been a lemon. But found the same problems. Four months later I bought another, just so I could say I’d given it an honest try. Same results.

Yes, the QBIX is cheaper than most, but lower price doesn’t mean it doesn’t work.

Example: The DotShell (for DotAIO) works FAR better than the more expensive DotMission…

To each their own, but honestly, the QBix has covered all the bases, in regards to finding a truly tight 0.8mm MTL airflow vape experience IN A BB, that does not flood or gurgle due to trying to be all things to all vapers.

Many have tried, few have succeeded.
    The QBix stands shoulder to shoulder with the success stories.

Edit: spelling and grammar, as well as removing the double quote.

Last edited:

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Bah!

I should have kept my gushing to a minimum, and remembered that vaping is 99% subjective. You’d think I’d know better.

But, 10 years into this hobby, and my experiences have lead me to stick to my opinion on this one.

This is not an exhaustive list of the BB atomizers I’ve owned, but since you mentioned these ones, here we go:

VapeSnail - amazing device, I own several. Does not have an 0.8mm option, or adjustable airflow control, to fine tune the 1.0mm pin. I’ve relegated mine to RDL service.

Exocet V2 - a great rebirth of a legend (v1). Even with the MTL deck kit, the coil/cotton of my “sweet spot” MTL build is too small, which leads to flooding. Another RDL service member for me.

EVL Alien - great design, smart ideas on the deck and wicking. Does not achieve MTL service status for me, as it floods and gurgles as well, due to the 0.8mm airflow causing too strong of a pull on the juice. There’s only so much cotton you can stuff into a 2.5mm coil before it doesn’t work. RDL camp for this bad boy!

XETA - I’ll hold back here…for me, on my BB-MTL hunt, the XETA is complete garbage. I’ve had three, because I wanted to make sure I didn’t “get a bad one”, but I’ve promptly sold them all. The XETA is what happens when someone decides to throw every possible feature into an atomizer, in a vain attempt to please the whole spectrum of airflow desires. I had high hopes for this one, based on the airflow options. Bought my first one off their second drop ever (thanks to Rob Fisher’s fast fingers). Hated it. Even for RDL service. Sold it. Bought another three months later, to see if maybe the first had been a lemon. But found the same problems. Four months later I bought another, just so I could say I’d given it an honest try. Same results.

Yes, the QBIX is cheaper than most, but lower price doesn’t mean it doesn’t work.

Example: The DotShell (for DotAIO) works FAR better than the more expensive DotMission…

To each their own, but honestly, the QBix has covered all the bases, in regards to finding a truly tight 0.8mm MTL airflow vape experience IN A BB, that does not flood or gurgle due to trying to be all things to all vapers.

Many have tried, few have succeeded.
    The QBix stands shoulder to shoulder with the success stories.

Edit: spelling and grammar, as well as removing the double quote.
    Great post

Reactions: HBcorpse
    Ya so, I am gonna go ahead and agree with @HBcorpse on the Qbix... Dollar for dollar, the best RBA available for any vaping style. I don't do MTL though. The Qbix is #4 overall on my favorite list for my RDL style, but #1 on cost.

For me... in my personal opinion...
    #1 - Bridg'd - I am a huge fan of the Bridg'd, I've owned 7 total, but only have 3 atm... with 4 V2s on the way.
    #2 - MOBB Mini - Love it, but the market is so hot for them that I only own the OG Gold, sold the other two while people are clamoring over customizability with the crowns and colors. Despite that, it's a great RBA. Wicks great, flavor as good as the Bridg'd/Exo/etc.
    #3 - Exo V2 - Love it but I might actually lower it to #5 and move Qbix and VapeSnail up.
    #4 - Qbix - Easy to build, great flavor, and BIG Bonus for the price. Ya, it's made in China, but it's designed by the wizards at Atmizoo. I've got 3 of these, 1 of which is a prototype version.
    #5 - VapeSnail - I used to have big problems with leaking, but apparently those problems are gone. I have the Gold and Black versions now.

Photo of some of my favs. :)

img_20210804_152403-jpg.951845

Attachments

• IMG_20210804_152403.jpg
      IMG_20210804_152403.jpg
      2.9 MB · Views: 213
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread