Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Hurrah for Overtow! :)

838ef4890bf03a222adf29b423c33a7a.jpg

Hi y'all!

The Rev4 family says hi too.

2683122810e92bba0037631ef79c4bd8.jpg

From left to right, we have F. Flip, DV (Daily vape), B25, and PB Big Screen. :)

B25 was going to become my Rev4 Starplat but since they will never be made again it will stay a virgin and won't be mod'd for that. Gotta save up for another one to try and put the Starplat chip into.
Very nice! and great color choices ;)

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
So far I love this BB. Went to take the battery out last night for the first time...giddy up! That was not easy. Is there a trick to it? Pretty snug fit. Perhaps they listen up over time.
They do loosen up over time I've noticed. But the included paperwork made mention of giving it a light smack on the palm and then pulling from the top (negative) side.

But still not the easiest thing in the world. :)

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
So far I love this BB. Went to take the battery out last night for the first time...giddy up! That was not easy. Is there a trick to it? Pretty snug fit. Perhaps they listen up over time.

They do loosen up over time I've noticed. But the included paperwork made mention of giving it a light smack on the palm and then pulling from the top (negative) side.

But still not the easiest thing in the world. :)

AH - The Too Tight Battery discussion once again . . .
u246.gif

YES - "We" have discussed this a few times since last November concerning the BB v3.a and the AW icr 123 16340 Protected battery . . . It has even been noted on the BB Website & "RTDVapor" (Just one of the better Battery Vendors used by many here) that these are no longer suggested as the main battery to use in the BB v3.a, given that AW changed the size of the Black battery by mere millimeters without telling anyone. . . However, the RED AW batteries (*NEW* AW IMR 16340 550mAh 8A ) will still work in the BB v3.a . . .

NOW -
The really good thing is that a number of B Boxers/Bobettes came up with a few suggestions for a work arounds to make this easier that worked very well for the continued use of the Black AW Batteries (Ya' Can just search the thread to read what some people came up with) . . . Matter of fact, "Our" own @HBcorpse went all the way and actually modified his BB by doing a little "surgery" - even provided "Us" with pictures too . . .
fist-pump-and-yes-smiley-emoticon.gif

You can see what he did here: ~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...
secret-handshake-smiley-emoticon.gif

Just an FYI . . .
winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

GrayMatter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2010
California
Here's what I did. I'm not a fan of "whack and unwrap" method for the BB. The Rev4 has really tight tolerances which is awesome but doesn't leave enough room for a ribbon or even a piece of paper with some of my batteries.

800cf1815f04e24ee731ab36a9f1515d.jpg

This is just a strip of scotch tape folded over on itself.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Here's what I did. I'm not a fan of "whack and unwrap" method for the BB. The Rev4 has really tight tolerances which is awesome but doesn't leave enough room for a ribbon or even a piece of paper with some of my batteries.

800cf1815f04e24ee731ab36a9f1515d.jpg

This is just a strip of scotch tape folded over on itself.
Excellent idea with the tape! I have different kinds of strong tape and can just put a piece on each 18650.

GrayMatter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2010
California
Excellent idea with the tape! I have different kinds of strong tape and can just put a piece on each 18650.

I thought about putting the tags attached directly on the batteries but I still have mech tube mods that I use too and not enough batteries to go around.

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
Decided to jump in to the BB world by getting a version 3 and bvc bridge, just got it Saturday:
tJRTTv9.jpg

I found the boro tanks with the glass sheets nerve-racking, and since I vape at 4.5V/11W The R3 with the delrin tanks fit the bill nicely.

I like the form factor so much, I decided to go ahead and order another R3 and a couple of spare tanks while they are still available (this next one in Katbalone :p). It's nice to be able to order one without breaking the F5 key on my keyboard, also.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Hip Hip Hooray for the new Katbalone!!!! :D You'll undoubtedly love it!

The wood wrap is not wasted. :)

20160827_114833.jpg

20160827_114842.jpg

stanley, I REALLY love this look!

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Hip Hip Hooray for the new Katbalone!!!! :D You'll undoubtedly love it!

stanley, I REALLY love this look!
Thanks!! I do too! Very much. Love all 3 of my Billet Boxes so much. :)

Between these and doing DIY Tobacco flavors, vaping has never been more enjoyable for me. :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm usually not a big fan of the wooden look, Stanley, but even I must admit that looks great.

And Mike, to know a L'Orange is to love one. They're quite marvelous. Good luck with your decision.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread