The Billow v2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2015
Central AR
So I noticed my Billow v2 AFC ring is really loose, and I don't think it was this loose when I first got it? Looks like the tiny bit of juice that has gotten into it has made it loose. Anyone else have this issue? Almost every time I go to hit my mod, I have accidently bumbed the AFC ring and turned it to closed. Kind of annoying but its still such a great tank its not that bad, but just curious if anyone else noticed this or has a fix! Thanks!
Haven't used my Billow in a long while, but I think that was the one you could flip the AFC ring over and it was a lot tighter... might give that a try.

Reactions: Rednaxela1987

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Finally, the Saddam Hussein version. :eek:

Screenshot 2015-11-13 at 11.28.37 AM.png

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Awesome! BTW I love your Avatar, my dad has an original Grateful Dead concert bill/poster from the Avalon Ballroom, 1966 I believe. Thing is awesome, we have it framed. It's not in the best condition, but I heard a mint condition first print of the same poster sold for $10,000 about 6 years ago :D I don't know if that is true or not but the first prints are very rare, I think they made 200 of them and only a handful of them are left in decent condition today. :D
Avalon Ballroom on Sutter in San Francisco. What a cool thing to have. My first show was 1976, I was a Sophomore in highschool. Fast forward 350+ shows later. My last show was Jerry's last show in Chicago. I was just in San Fran, went to The Haight and took pics by their original home there. My 3 kids all Dead Heads. Thanks for that story!

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
So I noticed my Billow v2 AFC ring is really loose, and I don't think it was this loose when I first got it? Looks like the tiny bit of juice that has gotten into it has made it loose. Anyone else have this issue? Almost every time I go to hit my mod, I have accidently bumbed the AFC ring and turned it to closed. Kind of annoying but its still such a great tank its not that bad, but just curious if anyone else noticed this or has a fix! Thanks!
There is a tiny set screw inside the AFC ring you can tighten.

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com
Take your top half off, pop the o-ring off so you take the air flow ring off, wipe the o-ring off and re-assemble, but first just check if you can tighten the tank down some more. It might not be putting enough tension on the ring. I know that on mine, the tank section slightly touches the ring when my inner deck sleeve is fully torqued. There is also a small screw that keeps your ring from spinning all the way round, you can back that out a tiny bit and that will also help somewhat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
So after a month of travels I seemed to ding my tank on something and it got a solid hairline crack, which made me discover the SS tank as well as the nano kit I had no idea were out! Guess when the atty works perfectly you just forget to look at the market until the need arises. Pretty excited to try this since I kinda wanted to try a nano style kit way back from R91% (clone) days and my Fogger movement kind of impeded that venture.

Also finally got around to getting a non-defective eLeaf 50W and loving this thing with my .7 30g dual setup - runs as cool or as hot as I like.

All in all glad I got on this bandwagon since I've been shopping for Aloha eJuice eciggity used to sell for a while and was super-stoked to see both Billow and V2 pop up from them of all the other places. Took me too long to get it given that Fogger 4.4 honestly did everything I needed from an atty for the longest time, but this screwless fill thing definitely made vaping fun again.

Reactions: CbrVapeRR

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com
Put this Titanium build on. Ti01, 26g, 7/6, 2MMID, came in at .12 ohms. Vaping at 450F, 45 Joules. ScutterButch is absolutely shining.
cf0a75b78855b465f4a38ae14a5ba189.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447550519.213527.jpg

Good build, I was using 7 wrap spaced 26ga ti01 for awhile myself. Doing 9 wrap contact 3.0mm 26ga ti01 now

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447550630.895966.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com
After being extremely disappointed in the Aromamizer, I decided to toss a fresh build into both of my v2's. Home sweet home. I forgot how good of a tank the Billow V2 is. Soooo, I ordered 2 nano's.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
what about the aromamizer disappointed you?

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
what about the aromamizer disappointed you?
The lack of flavor. Imo, the BV2 is better in that department. I put several builds in the Aromamizer. They ranged from 20g to 26g. I even tossed Clapton coils in it. I tried vertical and horizontal coils. I even swapped out the drip tip. Nothing seemed to give me the flavor I was expecting. That's just the conclusion of me and my wonky taste buds though.

Reactions: CbrVapeRR

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
The lack of flavor. Imo, the BV2 is better in that department. I put several builds in the Aromamizer. They ranged from 20g to 26g. I even tossed Clapton coils in it. I tried vertical and horizontal coils. I even swapped out the drip tip. Nothing seemed to give me the flavor I was expecting. That's just the conclusion of me and my wonky taste buds though.

That sucks. I have vaped so many tanks and the Aroma blows them all away on my flavor scale. Sorry no good for you...that's the beauty of gear...onto the next one in search of the perfect vape. I have had great flavor from the Billow as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread