The "Concentate Combinations to Avoid " thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm starting this thread to help DIYers' avoid getting that stunned " Crab juice Face " look. Please don't degenerate the thread into a one flavor " tastes like " convention. Just combinations you yourself attempted that turned out bad. By bad I mean what a reasonable person would think most other DIYers" would find bad also. To start off, these are some combos I suggest you avoid, or if you have mixed these flavors with additional flavors that brings the taste back to vapable. let us know.

Pistachio & Spearmint
Lemon & Black Liquorice
Raspberry & Hickory Smoked
Cream Soda & Oakwood

Have at it folks.

Tish Talons

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Well I liked this idea for a thread and I'm surprised nobody bit on this. Are you afraid to admit that you mixed dirty sweat socks? I'm new to diy and I was hoping you veterans would give me some combos to avoid. So far I've had one experience go terribly wrong. Fortunately, they were mixed separately and I only combined small amounts of each flavor into the bad mix. The combo was RY4 double and black honey tobacco (both TPA of course)and I believe there was also some brown sugar in the ry4. I guess I made the rookie mistake of assuming I could just mix any old tobaccos together and it would be vapable. So very wrong. I think mixing the two brought out all the negative aspects of honey flavoring that diy-ers complain about, because it was suddenly unpleasantly floral, perfumey and maybe even a little fruity.

Thought I'd share to resurrect the thread, hopefully.

babyk1352012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Washington State
Eeek some of those look horribly scary lol. Very unique combos to say the least.

I'm starting this thread to help DIYers' avoid getting that stunned " Crab Juice Face " look. Please don't degenerate the thread into a one flavor " tastes like " convention. Just combinations you yourself attempted that turned out bad. By bad I mean what a reasonable person would think most other DIYers" would find bad also. To start off, these are some combos I suggest you avoid, or if you have mixed these flavors with additional flavors that brings the taste back to vapable. let us know.

Pistachio & Spearmint
Lemon & Black Liquorice
Raspberry & Hickory Smoked
Cream Soda & Oakwood

Have at it folks.

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Holy Moly! Cpt. Black & Cherry Blossom is bad enough, but when you add Mango & Menthol......well.....sorry you had to move so quickly. Hope the new place is nice. :ohmy:

I poured the liquids out... and now the smell is one and OMG. Smells like ace.

Captain Black(SM), Commercial Tobacco(TPA), Cherry Blossom (TPA), Mango (TPA) Menthol (TPA)

Not that I think anyone would mix all this together but good gawd.

echofinder

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Damascus, MD
www.reddit.com
I poured the liquids out... and now the smell is one and OMG. Smells like ace.

Captain Black(SM), Commercial Tobacco(TPA), Cherry Blossom (TPA), Mango (TPA) Menthol (TPA)

Not that I think anyone would mix all this together but good gawd.

I think I just died a little inside.

echofinder

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Damascus, MD
www.reddit.com
Huh, those two sound like they would work...

YOU WOULD THINK SO, RIGHT!?!

Probably an issue of percentages, but whatever I tried, both were so terrible that I cancelled the projects entirely.

hickory shade was the first thing I tried with the smoke flavoring, so my logic was "I love campfires let's blast this thing!". Nope. Oddly, I did a solo hickory at like 15% and loved it... brought it camping with me last autumn.

Lemon papaya was the vomit of satan; all the nauseous notes of papaya with the sourness of lemon... I had hoped for the exact opposite (subtle sweetness of papaya w/ wonderful citrus). A whole dump truck of sweetener could not have saved that one...

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Good to know re lemon papaya. In the food world they do papaya with lime. I mixed blueberry and cake batter Natures Flavors as a base for maybe something but it's really no good. I'm very newbie and maybe it was percentages. It's steeping...I doubt it'll come to anything I want to work with, but maybe I just don't lie cake batter. Haven't tried it solo. I will next time so I can tell what it might go better with. This could take decades!

echofinder

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Damascus, MD
www.reddit.com
Good to know re lemon papaya. In the food world they do papaya with lime. I mixed blueberry and cake batter Natures Flavors as a base for maybe something but it's really no good. I'm very newbie and maybe it was percentages. It's steeping...I doubt it'll come to anything I want to work with, but maybe I just don't lie cake batter. Haven't tried it solo. I will next time so I can tell what it might go better with. This could take decades!

I also have terrible luck with NF cake batter... I want to like it soooooo bad but it just doesn't work well! Too mild at low %, too spicy at high %, too cloggy at ANY %... The best use I have found for NF cake batter is adding a few drops to my evening glass of milk; now THAT is delicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread