The "COUGH"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine looks like the globs from the aliens movies.

Like EWW!! wtf where did that thing hide??
Did it just Pulse and move?? I
s that a Vein on in it?? OMG IT'S ALIVE!!

Just kidding about the ick, mine is not breaking free just gurgling around breaking up a bit.

OH YEAH doodlebobbers!!
I am soo going to put that avatar on my idle screen of my phone, its like daring someone to make a wise crack.

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
I saw my doctor on Wednesday and she was delighted that I had quit smoking. She didn't even bat an eye when I showed her my new "crutch".

I mentioned that I was coughing up crud and said that I thought it was my lungs cleaning themselves out after 40 years of smoking. She agreed and said I could expect to do that for months.

The most notable point to me was that she knew all about e-cigs and was very supportive.

Bob

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
From what I can tell, most of the pack a day smokers don't go through that dramatic phlegm fest. I am 2.5 months quit and never did anything. I have been coughing this week but it is also fall and the weather is changing. There is more crud in the air.

Nestran
I have smoked a pack a day for over 40 years and have never had that cough or any other signs of problems. I have also never had any coughing or issues with the e cig.

oldtechno

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2009
United States of America
Two packs a day for 37 years, 3 packs a day for the first eight months of this year. 56 years old.

No coughing yet, been off cigarettes over a month.

In the morning though, I can feel that lump just outside my lungs, so I do a 'hard' throat clear, then swallow.

Maybe I should hack it up one time just to take a look at what it is?

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
there were old posts about this, the chems in cigs generally numb your cilia in your lungs, so the hairs and reflexes don't work properly...since they're numbed.

once you start taking all that smoke and junk away, they start waking up and working properly...and forcing bad things back out.

as for me, i didn't cough much either, but i was never a deep inhaler. if that makes any difference of course...who knows ;)

Getsayystgetsie

Oct 13, 2009
Chi-town
I know about how your lungs are supposed to clear out all the crap, and some people cough, and some never do...

My question is, i quit about 3 weeks ago, and JUST started to cough today, can it take that long sometimes for the lungs to start clearing??

I quit about a month ago, haven't coughed yet. : ) Just yesterday though my lung were hurting a little. I think I might just be coming down with something though.

WarrLordd

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Great to hear can't wait till i get my lungs cleared up i only started vaping 3 weeks now. But before that i was a heavy smoker i mean for past 12 years i been smoking 2 packs a day when it started to get outta hand that sometimes while smoking a analog i feel like trowing up but still puffed away.. Even once i remember i wanted my smoke so bad i pop a mint in my mouth to take my mind away from the vomiting feeling.. Even up till the 3rd day of vaping i try smoking a cig that same night and got the vomiting feeling.. Not sure if anyone had this issue when smoking cigs..

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
When I quit smoking and started vaping I was already coughing from a cold. So I don't know if the coughing I experienced over the next week or so was anything to do with quitting analogs or just the remnants of being sick (it really just seemed like the cough from a cold). It's been 2 weeks since I gave up analogs now and I haven't coughed at all in about a week.

If there's tar, etc in my lungs from 20+ years of smoking, I hope it'll clear out, but I smoked ultra lights and really wasn't a deep inhaler. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. I guess time will tell.

empo

Oct 19, 2009
Hi All

I'm not sure if this is posted in the correct area but I can't seem to start a new thread.. Maybe I'm too new.

My question is what happens when you give an e cig to a smoking monkey? While I was at school this organisation came and did a presentation on the dangers of smoking, they had this toy monkey that when a lit cigarette was put in its mouth would puff away at it. Inside the monkey was "fake lungs" I'm not sure made of what. As the monkey was puffing you could see them go yellow and apparently after enough cigs it would go dark just like humans would.

So what would happen if you gave an e cig to a smoking monkey? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread