Status
Not open for further replies.

praga

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
www.esmokershop.com
What a wonderful idea. Please let me know when this idea is finalized and if you have one send me a sample email. I'll send it out in a newsletter to my customers.

i apologise too lacey.........big hugs all round!

ive created a email for people to send me the vids:-

ecavideo@aol.com

i will leave it down to you to decide what you think the best question for them to answer should be.

tell them to press record, wait a few seconds, answer question, wait a few seconds, then press stop.
that way it will give me some room to adjust for transitions without cutting into the spoken words.
tell them to just answer the question.......nothing else.

for example lets say the question is "how have e-cigs impacted your life?"

they would just say "i feel so much healthier and happier!" or "my breath doesnt smell of smoke anymore!"

im not saying that should be the question or type of answers.....its literally just an example.

short, sweet and to the point i think is the key.

youtube will allow 10 minute and 59 second long videos. i would like to leave one minute of video to play around with (intro, ending, transitions etc) so that should give me roughly 10 minutes of user generated footage. if each are 10 second long clips then that should equal 60 people needed to submit.

sound quality is probably more important than the video quality as we need to hear them speak clearly.
nearly everyone has a mobile phone with a camera that can shoot video so there is really no excuse to not submit.

it can be any video format as i have software that can convert to my preffered choice. i also have software that can increase the volume level of the recording if needed.

as its just short 10 second clips it should be fine to attatch it to a email and send. if it does cause problems via email then i will find another way.

i think its best if i just act as the film maker rather than a person deciding what you need in your video. simply because you know what kind of things need to be said and what will create the impact.

im happy to make suggestions but ultimately it will be your call!

so in summary i will need:-

1. ECA to decide on a question to be answered

2. 10 second long footage from e-cig users answering that question

3. ECA to provide titles, short impact statements, web addresses, etc

4. music suggestions (but bare in mind youtube has strict copyrite)

5. anything else that i have forgot

if you dont mind lacey, i will leave it to the ECA and RTV to promote the need for video submissions and direct them to the email address. its not because i dont want to promote it......its purely a time thing. when im not working, i spend most of my day answering questions about e-cigs and if i start getting tons more questions then i wont ever get the time to make the vid! lol
but obviously, if there is something that i can only answer then im happy to advise.

let me know your thoughts please,

cheers,

scott

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
That was imo a needed post you made Lacey (even if you did let emotion take over for a bit; but very understandable for happening; and it's good to see that this is solved where one person got singled out a bit). :)

Looks like steps forward are now possible and actualy starting - hopefully still in time - I wish you, the association, and all of us lots of success in doing so.

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
Thanks to you all for working together for a greater purpose. "Together" we can accomplish much more than as individuals.

Does anyone know what ever happened to the video Ratindahat was working on months ago? It was supposed to help with our plight, but I've yet to see it. It might come in handy now???

This is a question that doesn't have a complete answer yet... but I was hoping that for now, RTV would step up to the plate and offer assistance. vaping clubs would start popping up. BKM mentioned that the Long Island group was very successful and had a peaceful showing and that many restaurant patrons were educated, peacefully. THAT is what I am talking about. Everyone doing a little something that they may or may not have done otherwise. That's all we as consumers can do.

Is RTV willing to sponsor a National vape Day? Where people congregate in one area of their city? Whether it is a restaurant or on the Capital steps or at a well known park? It takes some organization and people have to be willing to do their part. I have already offered to do Indy. I will even contact all of the media needed for the Indianapolis area. One city makes a blip. 10 cities... now that has the makings of a storm.

And thanks Sun... your love is always much appreciated :)

Hey Lacey and fellow Vapers... Looks like the Long Island Vapers Club membership has tripled and our meeting on May 8th should be double the number we had last month. I had a feeling that would happen. I am not sure how long we will be able to have it at a "restaurant" and I am starting to look for other locations to hold meetings where we can still be in public (to spread the word) but have enough room for all of us. I am thinking I may call the news station next month if we have 20 people and see if they are interested in doing a story so we can get the idea of the club out there so others start their own clubs. I have contacted a few people in other places about starting vape Clubs in their area. If you guys know anyone who has one... please tell them to get in touch with me so we can list the clubs on VapersClub.com. I will not have the site live until I return from Vegas May 7th or possibly the following week.

Lacey... pick the National "Vape Day" and I am happy to organize for New York and deal with Media and such here. Maybe we need to organize it to be AFTER the Chinese New Year so that all the people we educate can actually GET PV's while they are in STOCK after we educate them :)

For those of us without webcams how about local meetups? Someone could bring a cam and collect interviewlets from the attendees.
I can do this at the Vapers Club meeting May 8th. Will bring the cam with me.

Thanks to you all for working together for a greater purpose. "Together" we can accomplish much more than as individuals.

Does anyone know what ever happened to the video Ratindahat was working on months ago? It was supposed to help with our plight, but I've yet to see it. It might come in handy now???
Rat did not have enough submissions yet.. I think 6 or 7? I still need to re-submit mine cause he only got half of it.

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Spikey, that's great! I am so glad your club is taking off... there should be more of them and I hope to get one up here for Indy shortly. Time appears to be running away!

I too am going to send Dusty a submission... He did say he was still taking them so maybe we could help revive his thread as well... now that there is more of a fire underneath us all to save our favorite vaping device?

It will be great to see a documentary, igetchas video, the petition, a national vape day... all come out of our camp. It shows a group being proactive and even IF this bill does get passed, these actions might give the FDA a cause to pause when determining just how to regulate our stuff. So nothing we do will be too late. :)

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
I'm trying to keep up here, honestly I am.... So, as I understand it, we are supposed to send short (10-second) videos to Ratindahat and igetcha answering... what question? "Why I vape"?

Thanks,

~~Cheryl

Dusty's E-Cig Documentary: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/dustys-e-cig-documentary/ (He tells you what questions he wishes to have answered).

And the one for igetcha is: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...w-has-ecig-impacted-your-life.html#post231823

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
Originally Posted by igetcha

4. music suggestions (but bare in mind youtube has strict copyrite)

"Waitin' of the world to change" John Mayer

Lyrics:

Waiting On The World To Change lyrics

Me and all my friends
We're all misunderstood
They say we stand for nothing and
There's no way we ever could

Now we see everything that's going wrong
With the world and those who lead it
We just feel like we don't have the means
To rise above and beat it

So we keep waiting
Waiting on the world to change
We keep on waiting

It's hard to beat the system
When we're standing at a distance
So we keep waiting

Now if we had the power
To bring our neighbors home from war
They would have never missed a Christmas
No more ribbons on their door
And when you trust your television
What you get is what you got
Cause when they own the information, oh
They can bend it all they want

That's why we're waiting
We keep on waiting

It's not that we don't care,
We just know that the fight ain't fair
So we keep on waiting

And we're still waiting
We keep on waiting waiting on the world to change
One day our generation
Is gonna rule the population
So we keep on waiting

We keep on waiting

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
hi lacey,

ive just had 1 person submit so far :(

can you post any links to your blog etc here so i can take a look please?

i will add a post on the TW forum as well to try and raise some interest.

cheers,

scott

How Has the Electronic Cigarette Impacted Your Life?

Also... we will send out an email blast today/tomorrow. I also know that praga sent out a blast and that Spikey's group is to meet on the 8th and they are going to have a video camera on hand and nail everyone there!

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
hi lacey,

ive just had 1 person submit so far :(

can you post any links to your blog etc here so i can take a look please?

i will add a post on the TW forum as well to try and raise some interest.

cheers,

scott

I'm sure my phone can do video (Tho I don't know how) but my plan does not allow uploads or downloads (Cheapest Sprint plan available...I can't even text without a charge :()

I'm sure my phone can do video (Tho I don't know how) but my plan does not allow uploads or downloads (Cheapest Sprint plan available...I can't even text without a charge :()
Do you know anyone with a digital camera with video capability? Seems this would deliver the best quality, short of an actual digicam.

Or a cell phone with Internet access?

~~Cheryl

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com

can you connect your phone to your PC to tranfer the video to your hard drive and then attatch to an email?

i need videos guys!

ive still only had 1 person send me their vid!

suppliers, you can send me a vid too! you are a user of e-cigs as well as a seller (i assume! lol)

come on guys, lead by example........please!

i need videos guys!
I just need to find someone here in Tacoma to take one of me. Self-taken videos don't work well. My camera has a start delay, but I still have to manually shut it off. You can't set it to record for a set length of time. Will try to get it done today, though -- thanks for the reminder!

~~Cheryl

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
I just need to find someone here in Tacoma to take one of me. Self-taken videos don't work well. My camera has a start delay, but I still have to manually shut it off. You can't set it to record for a set length of time. Will try to get it done today, though -- thanks for the reminder!

~~Cheryl

hi cheryl,

dont worry about the length as i will be able to trim it down. turn it on, wait a few seconds for it to start, answer the question and then turn it off after a few seconds.

i will do the rest!

or if anyone in Tacoma can help a lady out then please contact her!

cheers,

scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread