The FastTech Thread for All FastTech Posts (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Even though it says it was headed for Chicago,it may have gotten diverted to another customs location,which really seems to slow stuff down when they have to change direction.I had a package ship a few days after yours,and it was showing that it was going to Chicago as well,all it showed for over a week was Origin post is preparing shipment,then all of a sudden everything started over,acceptance,processed,etc. until it finally showed Origin post again,and this time said it was headed to New York,and the NY customs center never scanned that package at all,i started thinking it was possibly lost somewhere between China and NY,but it just got scanned in CT. this morning,so stuff is moving fairly slow,but hopefully you'll see some movement here in the states in a day or two.
Thanks for that glimmer of hope. My has said Origin post is preparing shipment since Nov 20.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Thanks for that glimmer of hope. My has said Origin post is preparing shipment since Nov 20.
    I have an order saying that since Nov 22. "Origin post is preparing shipment" means it's on the boat, but has probably hit rough seas.
    ...or customs is now routing all FT packages to the FDA for inspection...:shock: (JK)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I have an order saying that since Nov 22. "Origin post is preparing shipment" means it's on the boat, but has probably hit rough seas.
    ...or customs is now routing all FT packages to the FDA for inspection...:shock: (JK)
    I know we always joke about China's slow boat.....but in all honesty, I do believe all are flown to the US. Consider where they all enter the country......at airports....

:)

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I know we always joke about China's slow boat.....but in all honesty, I do believe all are flown to the US. Consider where they all enter the country......at airports....

:)
    Yes probably true, I thought mine came into the port of Miami tho...:)
    I think we are seeing the after black friday glut of packages, slow down.
    I have a record for me of 11 packages, coming from China, all now say "origin post is preparing for shipment" since Nov 22

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Yes probably true, I thought mine came into the port of Miami tho...:)
    I think we are seeing the after black friday glut of packages, slow down.
    I have a record for me of 11 packages, coming from China, all now say "origin post is preparing for shipment" since Nov 22
    Gee, now I feel bad that I am complaining about 1 package. I may be mistaken about how they enter the country, but the customs offices are all at the airports, it seems. I would hate to think the slow boat from China sunk somewhere in the pacific. :(

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    only lost a few boxes...
    o-SHIPPING-CONTAINER-STUDY-MBARI-facebook.jpg

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2013
    az
    I've had issues with stuff sitting in LA customs for like a week. Super irritating.

Right now they are grappling with those fires so delays are gonna be even worse in all likelihood
    I didn't think of fires [emoji22] Some offices may have burned. IDK. It's a bad situation. Burned though a horse training facility with 500 horses yesterday. Most made it out. But bad nonetheless.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Niagara Region, ON CANADA

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Well, I received my two Kabuki styles today. I immediately broke the glass on one of them getting it apart. I guess I'll have to learn how it's supposed to be done before messing with the other one. Grrr.

Sorry to hear that @oplholik

Did you order extra glass replacements when you ordered the tanks?

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Nope, will have to do that now. I do have some spares for the Vika Fantasy that looks to be the same size.

If it's any consolation, I too have broken a glass trying to get a tank apart. I learned the hard way so now every time I buy a new tank I automatically grab a couple of replacement glass to go with it. :D

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    If it's any consolation, I too have broken a glass trying to get a tank apart. I learned the hard way so now every time I buy a new tank I automatically grab a couple of replacement glass to go with it. :D
    I buy at least 5 and sometimes 10-20 replacement glasses for my daily use tanks. About $0.50 each at FastTech. Yup, I’m a big spender. :thumb:

@oplholik , The original glass tanks for my authentic Kabukis absolutely suck. I broke at least 2 just disassembling for the first time. I use stainless or poly or cheap FT replacement glass. The FT ones fit great.

Breaking a $0.50 tank is fine, but a $10 “quartz” one p!$$es me off.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread