The FastTech Thread for All FastTech Posts (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

albcig

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2012
tirana

thats the base you are correct but the top part is aluminum. not very good. but there is a solution. buy this https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10005001/1391301-phoenix-fh20-detachable-dripping-atomizer-1-5ml and use the top part which is ss. they fit perfectly

you might want to buy spare o-rings for this type of atomizers. FT has many o-rings to choose from so its all good

Last edited:

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Ringling Brothers Circus
I bought a set of the eyeglass magnifiers, wow do they suck, as someone had previously mentioned, you need to have whatever's you are working on almost touching the glass in order to focus on anything, although once you get it in the right spot it is quite a magnification, more not what I was expecting than anything.

I've bought

1000x1000.jpg

Headband Magnifier Glass Lighted Optivisor w/ 5 Lens

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41TWujg0zcL._SY300_.jpg

SE MZ101B Helping Hands with Magnifying Glass

and

41qb8JslVBL._SY300_.jpg

Rosallini Glasses Type White 2 LED Light 20X Magnifying Glasses

I use none of them now... some are totally useless because as was mentioned, you have to hold the coil VERY CLOSE to get any magnification... Hubby has bought me 2.5x magnification and 3.0x magnification reading glasses from Walmart for $10 each and they are 100% better than the others.

This was my coiling stand

23wplbm.jpg

But I have been building coils one at a time by hand now. I could still use it to make perfect coils... I should do that this weekend LOL Make 20 coils up and have them ready =]

Last edited:

Maggiemw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Middle East
Please excuse the terrible photos, but here are a few of my FT acquisitions. I have lots more, but will spare you all the pain of wading through them.

I've protected my VTR with some semi-transparent covering stuff, and since I had a lot left over, I did my MVP2s as well. The little froggy is protecting the Eternity clone, and the Caravela set is in 18650 mode. The rainbow Ego twist is topped with a V5 dripper and a jadeite driptip.

P1140357.jpg
P1140358.jpg

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
This is what I use for magnification and it works great http://www.harborfreight.com/magnifier-head-strap-with-lights-38896.html .

I use none of them now... some are totally useless because as was mentioned, you have to hold the coil VERY CLOSE to get any magnification... Hubby has bought me 2.5x magnification and 3.0x magnification reading glasses from Walmart for $10 each and they are 100% better than the others.
But I have been building coils one at a time by hand now. I could still use it to make perfect coils... I should do that this weekend LOL Make 20 coils up and have them ready =][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

JasonInTN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Cookeville, TN
Please excuse the terrible photos, but here are a few of my FT acquisitions. I have lots more, but will spare you all the pain of wading through them.

I've protected my VTR with some semi-transparent covering stuff, and since I had a lot left over, I did my MVP2s as well. The little froggy is protecting the Eternity clone, and the Caravela set is in 18650 mode. The rainbow Ego twist is topped with a V5 dripper and a jadeite driptip.

View attachment 299681
View attachment 299683

The only thing cooler than a "little old lady" in the Middle East with a slew of awesome customized mods, is the fact she is displaying them on a cutting mat. If I find out you make quilts I will be sending you my adoption papers :D. Really nice Maggie!

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
You can subscribe to this thread by clicking Thread Tools at the top. No need to post just to subscribe.

Power went out last night twice. I got to get some use out of my new Flashlight. I am really digging this https://www.fasttech.com/p/1173301 I bought it just to use salvaged laptop batteries, now I want more flashlights.

My Aqua https://www.fasttech.com/p/1594300 is stuck in Chicago. Shipped on the 18th and landed in Chicago on the 23rd. 4 days later and still in the first stage of processing. I have a feeling it is going to spend a few more days in the windy city. Last 5 orders have gotten out of China fast, but Chicago is slowing down the speed now.
You will find the Sipik is cloned by EVERYONE, the SK68 and SK98, I got the Ultrafire version of the above light (actually they look like the same dang thing), crazy bright

I jumped on the "BLF" and was told the Convoy series is very good, so I have one of these inbound now
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1321601
Actually several variants from multiple vendors (yay ANOTHER hobby to spend money on)

I have literally a dozen of these flashlights already...make GREAT gifts!
SODIAL(TM) 7w 300lm Mini Cree Led Flashlight Torch Adjustable Focus Zoom Light Lamp (sorry for the off site link but they are 2x that at FT) plop a AA, NiCD, or NiMH and they run for over 1.5 hours, not as bright, but blow those cheapie auto parts place "9 led" lights out of the water for around the same price, throw a 14500 in it and WHOAH powerhouse but only run 30-40 minutes because of the ramped up output...PERFECT for pocket carry (guys at the BLF call it the "bic lighter" of the flashlight world, dime a dozen and generic...so generic EVERYONE makes a clone of it)

I ordered the MAMAJAMA of flashlights from OFFSITE as well for $10 less than FT, but there seem to be several version running around, I got the one with a neutered driver, but found a easy way to boost the power with a simple solder jumper on the resistor bridge, three XM-L's throwing light at the same time...yeah...lights up ALOT of stuff!

Oh and to the guy asking about soldering irons...the quintessential "budget" general purpose soldering iron
http://www.harborfreight.com/30-watt-lightweight-soldering-iron-69060-8913.html

Last edited:

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
This is what I use for magnification and it works great http://www.harborfreight.com/magnifier-head-strap-with-lights-38896.html .

But I have been building coils one at a time by hand now. I could still use it to make perfect coils... I should do that this weekend LOL Make 20 coils up and have them ready =]
I need a set...getting older sux! (after I ordered those others I saw the review...uggh) I used to be able to see the leads on the board and watch the solder flow, now harder to see...
(after I ordered those others I saw the review...uggh)

boborone

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
Plano, Tx
I need a set...getting older sux! (after I ordered those others I saw the review...uggh) I used to be able to see the leads on the board and watch the solder flow, now harder to see...

Cancel and get gift certificate for something else.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

keyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2012
Tennessee
I have one up right now in a different case..the case I ordered looks more sturdy, and I want to go ahead and put a tiny HeatSink on the processor...just because

I have this soldering iron with a different heat shield from frys
FRYS.com.|.VELLEMAN

Really REALLY nice budget station
Soldering Station with Adjustable Heat Range (USA Warehouse)

+1 on the soldering station

replacement tips
10pcs Solder Screwdriver Iron Tip 900M T for Hakko Soldering Rework Station Tool | eBay
1pcs Soldering Rework Lead Iron Knife Tips for Hakko 936 900 M T 3 2D | eBay
900M T K 936 Replace Pencil Soldering Solder Iron Tip | eBay

also Radio Shack Part Number: 6400208

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
I know the feeling. I picked this one up a couple of years ago at the local Harbor Fraight and I couldn't rebuild coils without it. It has several lenses. I started out using the lowest mag and wondered what the others were needed for. Now I use the middle one (not long before I'll be on the strongest).

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
The only thing cooler than a "little old lady" in the Middle East with a slew of awesome customized mods, is the fact she is displaying them on a cutting mat. If I find out you make quilts I will be sending you my adoption papers :D. Really nice Maggie!

<- quilts, knits, spins, weaves and does heirloom sewing ;)

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Quick question, i cleaned my KF 3.1 clone last weekend and ended up with an spare o ring. It's smaller than the chimney o ring, but i don't know where it came from :p

No idea, but I know with me, I always end up with extra stuff and can't figure out where it goes on most stuff I take apart.

Vape On
Burnie
:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread