LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
IMO, that should be misused mech mods..

I would add that the average mech user is far more concerned and careful about battery use than the average regulated mod user. Especially with internal batteries. Ever notice that that is the largest group of incidents? Just like with cell phones, which provide fireworks far more often than any vape devices.

Also, charging batteries in the mod, especially with multiple battery mods, is, at best, cooking your batteries. At worst, it's a definite fire hazard.

They'll probably make it where u have to have a prescription from a doc to get device etc. jus' say for medical purposes only like a medication or a controlled substance !

I actually talked about this to my neurologist yesterday. I showed him my pocket setup, and gave him details like nicotine concentration and amount of daily use. The first thing he told me was that the lung doctors he talked to (he's an assistant chief of staff at the hospital he's associated with) all agreed that they would rather deal with any consequences from vaping rather thaan the intense destruction of smoking. They also told him, each one, that they had never actually seen a lung problem due to vaping.

He's also completed a residency in psychiatry, so he knows how difficult it is for someone with Parkinson's to quit nicotine. It provides a small, very temporary relief of some symptoms, and semi-consciously makes you feel like you're doing something about it. He told me that it would not be a responsible thing for him to do to actually recommend that someone take up vaping. But he's in favor of it if you did it of your own volition. He told me that he also believes that it's my best bet to keep me off tobacco (and flames) long term.

He told me that if it comes to that, and writing a prescription was an option, that he would be glad to prescribe me liquid nicotine.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Do your husband duties -- charge and fill her mods! :D

If my wife were a vaper, I'm near certain she would expect me to do that. :oops:

My wife and I have an arrangement ... she makes my meals and I re-coil and wick her atty's. She does refill the tanks herself though.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Got plans for this weekend, but next weekend I will do pictorial and post it.

@Rossum would you want it here, or in a separate thread?

Modding Forum please :)

by the way - there's lots of good stuff there...

susieqz

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2018
high plains
lots of people don't wanna get involved with lunatic mixing.
you guys make it too complicated.
as it happens, i found a couple super simple recipes i like.
but, i don't need them to stay away from tobacco.
you can just slop some vg, pg n nic in a pint jar n you have unflavored juice.
it is actually quite pleasant.
cheap, easy, no special equipment n takes less time than driving to the store for cigs,

people need to know this,

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I’ve tried that but while I can get a rough idea what the flavors will do, it’s not really the same as what they do with nic. I can always taste nic. And I also think flavors develop differently with nic in the mix.
Agreed. Flavors just don't develop the same without nic.
I was the 'vari queen' for awhile, owned every color except a couple of the rare, limited ones. I sold a lot over the years but still have about 12 or so and still use them and love them.
I had put mine away for a while. But, it turns out that my Eggrolls much prefer them over anything else.
Wow some of you are amazingly prepared for the worst. If the worst happens I’ll be ok but it seems some of you won’t miss a beat. I’m just wondering if they ban everything where the hell are we gonna spend all our money. That’s gonna be the next big boom, all that cash has to go somewhere. Just figure out what shiny thing will appeal to us vapers and you can be having dinner in Saint-Tropez on a mega yacht with the spice girls in no time.:banana:
I'm sure we all have other expensive habits we could feed. I know I do.
Vaping is the one thing that got many of us off a multi-decade smoking habit. I'm not going to speak for anyone else here, but even after 5-1/2 years, I worry that I'd return to smoking if I couldn't vape. That's not an acceptable outcome for me.
Agreed.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
lots of people don't wanna get involved with lunatic mixing.
you guys make it too complicated.
as it happens, i found a couple super simple recipes i like.
but, i don't need them to stay away from tobacco.
you can just slop some vg, pg n nic in a pint jar n you have unflavored juice.
it is actually quite pleasant.
cheap, easy, no special equipment n takes less time than driving to the store for cigs,

people need to know this,
This would be excellent advice if everyone had the same taste. But sadly, this isn’t the case and is why we’re lunatics. But thanks for being a shining example of sanity. Gives us something to shoot for.

susieqz

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2018
high plains
well, i know tastes are different,
i'm just thinking unflavored is not something people would actually hate, even it it isn;t their preference.
it's far better than going back to tobacco.
if they get used to unflavored, they can always buy some flavors,
the important thing is to have some nic in the freezer,

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
well, i know tastes are different,
i'm just thinking unflavored is not something people would actually hate, even it it isn;t their preference.
it's far better than going back to tobacco.
if they get used to unflavored, they can always buy some flavors,
the important thing is to have some nic in the freezer,
Flavor is a very complicated subject. As diverse as your taste is, there are many who are the exact opposite. My only point is that it is not as simple as you make it sound.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Flavor is a very complicated subject. As diverse as your taste is, there are many who are the exact opposite. My only point is that it is not as simple as you make it sound.
Still worth trying. And Sue makes a valid point.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    much-scared-such-frighten-mglipcom-19288882.png

Bruce C

Feb 15, 2016
    Laconia, NH USA
    I'm not far from your mindset. Do I really want to fart around with unknown odds of finding a flavor I like or just quit? I've mostly leaned toward your view but then I figger if I don't at least try I will regret it later. If the project blows up in my face at least I can say I gave it a go and left no stone unturned.

Please feel free to ask my help, in any way I can, to make you successful.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    Oh, I totally get it. On and off cig smoker for the last 20 years, relatively new to vaping as a replacement. I haven't gotten into DIY juice/coil building and frankly can't expend the upfront capital/time/space to do it. Will I go back to cigs? Hopefully not. It sucks.
    How much do you think it costs to buy a roll of wire and some wick and some nic?
    I get what you are saying but the up front costs are negligible. I paid full retail for a roll of wire 18months ago and am still using it, $5.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Still worth trying. And Sue makes a valid point.
    My point is it’s not as simple as “slopping” some liquid in a pint jar. While I admit that works for some people it doesn’t work for all. I’m actually envious of people like Sue who can do that and be entirely content with it.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    My point is it’s not as simple as “slopping” some liquid in a pint jar. While I admit that works for some people it doesn’t work for all. I’m actually envious of people like Sue who can do that and be entirely content with it.
    Flip side of the coin is I dont know how people can enjoy the flavoured juice they buy or make. It all tastes a bit samey and yuck to me. The smell is a bit off as well. That vape shop stink.
    Occasionally I drip some flavoured juice onto my coil for a change but thats maybe once a fortnight.
    I still make flavoured juices for other people and do have to try it sometimes if Im changing something or trying something new. I have suggested to the people I make they juice for that they could chew gum or suck on a lolly while they vape unflavoured and have a better taste experience :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread