Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hey Andria,just so you know,the signature flavors by ecigexpress are tfa flavors,they just label them as their own brand,so if you see a tfa flavor you want,but are ordering other stuff from them,just grab that flavor in the signature it will be the same.

That's GREAT to know! That Cinnamon Redhot flavor I got is perfect! Actually, with the "sugar cookie" flavor, I'm considering a mix with some cinnamon redhot and some of that FA apple... maybe an apple-pie or apple cobbler sort of taste.

Andria

burnie71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
South Australia
There is a chemical in many flavors and (not most oils) (misplaced the name) that varies by flavor in concentration that will react with many plastics that tanks are made of.

Partial list of flavors:

All are TFA
(However this chemical is not limited to TFA flavors)!

Cinnamon
Cinnamon Red Hots
Cinnamon Red Hots Concentrate
Cola
Cola Concentrate
Root Beer / Root Beer Float

Of course then there is the list that was refereed to that shows "know crackers"

Some flavors like Sweet Orange have a similar reaction, but it is not due to the chemical in Cinnamon or Cola and many others; it is the essential oil itself that causes the plastics to crack or in some types of plastic it will actually melt.

The Cinnamon Red Hots concentrate and Cola concentrate are so reactive with plastics they are shipped in metal bottles! :ohmy:

As Bill said Menthol is NOT reactive.

Now as far as "known crackers" I personally like Garlic Herb Triscut ...LOL :D
(sorry I couldn't resist).

A great test tool for a flavor or mix is get an Evod bcc tank (pretty inexpensive) and adapter if necessary for 510 and vape as usual, it won't take long to show it's reacting...these usually start to melt!

Then reason the bottles don't melt (the flavor bottles) is because they usually are a type of PVC which is highly resistant to reacting with chemicals.
(As mentioned though "special" more resistant bottles are used with Cinnamon and Cinnamon Red Hots, etc.).

I am fairly sure that Polycarbonate is the plastic (polymer) that will crack as opposed to melt.

When I find the chemical name I will follow up with a post naming the culprit and a list of know reactions with various plastics.

This is a big reason I have just switched to glass or SS tanks where I can! ;)

Fire and Ice was my daily mainstay vape for virtually years, and of course Peachy Menthol.
(Old PS flavor mixes...goes back about 5 years)!

Also Fire and Ice can be similar to Firecracker, that is to say it is Cinnamon Red Hots with Menthol as opposed to Cinnamon and Menthol so depending on your recipe one can be more reactive than the other.....

:toast:

Banana is also another to add to list, had problems with this one.

DebiK

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Georgia
yes banana ripe is a tank cracker

Are all banana flavorings this way? Bananas Foster? B Nut Bread?

I'm going to be working on some Banana Juices for someone. If you do not have glass syringes, how do you work with Ripe Banana? I'm planning on getting a couple for flavors like these, but don't have any yet. I've read that it seizes up plastic syringes.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
All the lists i have seen only show the banana ripe as being a tank cracker and none of the others,although after Bill's test with the cinnamon i'm not sure what to think about those lists,since the regular cinnamon does not say it is,but clearly ate his tank.As for the syringes,the only banana flavor i had that with was the ripe,the nut bread and banana foster both worked fine in a syringe.I use a pipette for the ripe now.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
banana ripe doesn't actually kill your syringes but the ethers will damage the rubber stoppers.

It's only the ripe banana and pineapple for me so far (although I currently don't make much use of cinnamon).

At small percentages it won't crack tanks (ripe banana is strong so haven't mixed it stronger than 3% - as a secondary flavor banana cream)

I use pyrex pipettes with a pipette pump (they are really handy) especially for those.

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com
Morning all, loaded up my milkshake trial #1 this am, so only 2 full days aging/melding/maturing/steeping

4% van bean gelato
2% van swirl
3% saline/wound care spray(forgot to add in first post)

Well, not really what expected milkshake-wise, BUT a VERY nice vanilla mix/base. What I will do next, even though I don't normally like menthol or cooled type stuff, is adding 1% Koolada to see what a little cooling does to the mix..I am personally satisfied with the mouth-feel and the smoothness, but will the cooling of koolada make it more "ice-creamish" like I'm looking for, won't know til I try, so that is my next plan of action, and yes I have increased my saline %'s from 2 to 3....so even if I didn't hit the ice cream aspect perfectly, I got a great vanilla now, yay! And I am imaging all the possible mixes with this now, bm, I have to admit, you using vbg as stand alone at 5% helped inspire this as a trial, thank you(you posted here and on other threads):thumbs::thumbs:

Looks like a lot of good insight added this weekend about milkshakes and other stuff, let's keep sharing our trials, fails, and finds(yes, I've tried lap dance, that is a good one...I love strawberry ripe pretty much in ANY recipe honestly:) )

After this tank is done, I will try the BlackBerry/raspberry trial blend

Last edited:

jbushman26

Aug 19, 2014
Houston, TX
Dang, just reading the recipe (the peach cobbler) made my mouth start watering. :D Would cinnamon redhot do? I like using that anywhere in place of cinnamon because it adds TH, which I can't live without. I've never been as hogwild about peaches as you might expect a GA girl to be, but I do love peach cobbler. What's not to love? ;)

And it makes me start thinking about trying to make a vape that tastes like homemade banana pudding. Is there a flavor that's anything like vanilla wafers?

Andria

NOT MILKSHAKE related, but wanted to respond to this. I have one I call "Soft BaNilla Wafer" that reminds me of a bite of banana pudding that has the soft Nilla wafer in it: (It has some Nature's Flavors as well as TFA)

3.5% NF Banana Split
2.5% NF Cake Batter
2.5% Signature Cinnamon Danish (this might be same as TFA?)
2.5% TFA Frosted Donut (tastes more like powdered donut)
1.5% TFA Marshmallow
3.5% TFA Vanilla Swirl
1% TFA French Vanilla
1.5% TFA Brown Sugar Extra
1% EM (10% PG solution)

You can of course use whatever banana flav u have, and tweak it to your liking. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread