Status
Not open for further replies.

Nic-holio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
North Carolina
Alright well I couldn't resist messing with it. Had to pull out the stuff to do some more 100DT's.

Not sure it would even really be fair to call this a Pecan Pie recipe -- real Pecan Pie made here in the South is very, very sweet. I just don't know if there is a way to pull that off without artificial sweeteners or PFM (pure freakin' magic). :)

I won't even pretend to call this an improvement to Bill's original recipe -- it's just different -- a n00b's try at a non-sucralose version of it. All credit and thanks belong squarely to Bill's Magic Vapor.

I've not steeped this yet. It's my 5th 100 drop test working on it and vapes well.

You might want to try a 100DT of this yourself before you mix up any significant quantity of the ingredients, and see what you think.

Pecan 5%
Graham Cracker 5%
Vanilla Swirl 4%
Pie Crust 3%
Brown Sugar 2%
Vanilla Bourbon 2%
Butter 1%

It could stand to be a little sweeter yet, but I don't know how to do that without adding artificial sweeteners. (and if I liked artificial sweeteners I wouldn't be messing with this great recipe in the first place!!!)

Last edited:
Reactions: zlygri

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Finally sat down last night and mixed up Andria's smoky cappucino recipe and Baseballmom's butterscotch swirl recipe.They both smell great,i'll probably clean out some tanks and give them a try tommorow.In the next few days,i'll be trying out some of the other numerous recipes on here that i want to try as well.

Dave_in_OK

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2013
San Antonio Texas
Baseballmoms Butterscotch Swirl sounds delicious, that's one that I really want to make but I only have MBV Butterscotch right now. I made Bill's Mango Custard and Cream Fantastico over the weekend, I'm vaping the Mango Custard now ... It's really good! :toast:

I keep looking at that Mango Custard :D I'll be mixing that in a day or two.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I keep looking at that Mango Custard :D I'll be mixing that in a day or two.

I've had plans to try that ever since he first posted it a long time ago,i even bought mango just for that recipe,but i get distracted very easily and keep forgetting about it haha.I will definitely make some and give it a try here in the next day or so.I've never even tasted mango,so i'm curious to see what it even tastes like.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I've had plans to try that ever since he first posted it a long time ago,i even bought mango just for that recipe,but i get distracted very easily and keep forgetting about it haha.I will definitely make some and give it a try here in the next day or so.I've never even tasted mango,so i'm curious to see what it even tastes like.

Heh... the more I read in this thread, the more I realize that I have a pretty limited palate when it comes to fruit flavors, mainly because I simply can't abide tart/sour flavors. To me, mango -- fresh cut, nothing artificial -- tasted like "minty peaches" -- ugh! :blink: But everyone I've told that, looked at me like I was speaking swahili or something. :D

Andria

Dave_in_OK

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2013
San Antonio Texas
Last night the wife ask me to make her a sweet fruity vape. She wanted it heavier on the Strawberry & Pineapple but with Orange and Coconut. So I whipped her up a new recipe that I think it turned out very nice. May drop the Orange to 4% as the after taste is a little more Orange than I wanted but I'll be making her more for her rotation.

Pam's Fruit
Nicotine Strength18.00 mg
PG Level60.00%
VG Level40.00%
Flavor Level28.50%
Amount to Make5.000 ml
Ingredients
Ing %
Drops
Weight
Volume
Nicotine
18.00%​
18.0​
0.900 g​
0.900 ml​
PG
13.50%​
22.3​
0.675 g​
0.675 ml​
VG
40.00%​
66.0​
2.000 g​
2.000 ml​
Sweetener (TFA)
7.00%​
8.1​
0.350 g​
0.350 ml​
Marshmallow (TFA)
2.00%​
3.3​
0.100 g​
0.100 ml​
Vanilla Custard (TFA)
2.00%​
3.3​
0.100 g​
0.100 ml​
Coconut Extra (TFA)
1.50%​
2.5​
0.075 g​
0.075 ml​
Orange (FA)
5.00%​
8.3​
0.250 g​
0.250 ml​
Pineapple (TFA)
5.00%​
8.3​
0.250 g​
0.250 ml​
Strawberry (FA)
6.00%​
9.9​
0.300 g​
0.300 ml​
One drop of Citric Acid per 5ml

K-Omo

ECF Veteran
Heh... the more I read in this thread, the more I realize that I have a pretty limited palate when it comes to fruit flavors, mainly because I simply can't abide tart/sour flavors. To me, mango -- fresh cut, nothing artificial -- tasted like "minty peaches" -- ugh! :blink: But everyone I've told that, looked at me like I was speaking swahili or something. :D

Andria

Andria, I was exactly like you, had a limited palate. Did not like fruity, minty or sour Vapes for the first two years. Then one day I woke up and none of my tobacco or coffee Vapes tasted good. I was in a panic and very frustrated. I got my DIY stuff out and started mixing. I made a light Creme de Menthe and vaped while trying to figure out something to vape...I wasn't going back to cigs. I found out fruits that I detested now taste yummy. Even coconut! I now like a little minty flavored juice. What I'm trying to say our palates do change over time. Something you detested before could be your favorite vape later.

Your not weird...as I found out, it happens to most everyone who Vapes. I was glad I had DIY stuff around, so I could find something and not go buy a pack of cigs.

Vape what pleases your palate.

facedown

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Highland Park, IL, USA
A few of you have mentioned Earl Grey tea so I thought I'd share one that I started on some time ago but just finished recently:

Scottish Earl

Earl Grey tea 2%
butterscotch 8%
sweet cream 4%
sweet 3%

All TFA, 30/70 pg/vg, 2 nic

Intense butterscotch on the draw, sweet tea on the exhale. As always, adjust to taste. For reference, it was developed on a Mutation x, 0.6 ohm, 25 watts. This one definitely benefits from sitting around for a while.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Andria, I was exactly like you, had a limited palate. Did not like fruity, minty or sour Vapes for the first two years. Then one day I woke up and none of my tobacco or coffee Vapes tasted good. I was in a panic and very frustrated. I got my DIY stuff out and started mixing. I made a light Creme de Menthe and vaped while trying to figure out something to vape...I wasn't going back to cigs. I found out fruits that I detested now taste yummy. Even coconut! I now like a little minty flavored juice. What I'm trying to say our palates do change over time. Something you detested before could be your favorite vape later.

Your not weird...as I found out, it happens to most everyone who Vapes. I was glad I had DIY stuff around, so I could find something and not go buy a pack of cigs.

Vape what pleases your palate.

Back in the summer when I was trying to come out of that month-long smoke break, and not being terribly pleased by my regular Virginia anymore, I tried out some pineapple mixed with some Koolada -- and that was very good, very pleasing to my palate that was getting more and more disenchanted with the taste of Virginia tobacco (never saw THAT coming, after 30+ yrs of Virginia Slims!). I don't vape that anymore, mainly because I have to drink coconut water daily, and I mix it with pineapple juice to disguise the flavor, so I get sufficient pineapple taste daily to do me just fine. :D But I'm considering trying out some other fruits with koolada. Menthol doesn't appeal to me at all; couldn't abide menthol cigarettes after I switched to non, after I was a smoker for just 2 yrs, and a lot of menthol tastes to me like Ben-Gay smells -- ugh! The only "mint" anything that I like at all, is York Peppermint patties, which was why I was musing about adding some chocolate flavor(s) to the Snow Day recipe.

I just got my Juicy Peach, so later today I'm going to mix up some of that Flamingo; that's a departure for me, ordinarily I don't really care for "mixed fruit" -- but the 3 fruits in that, peach, strawberry, and coconut, are some of my most favored fruit flavors, and it sounds very appealing. Can't wait to find out! I seem to have mostly sorted my changing-computer chores, other than trying to get WI-FI working on my husband's computer, so my time is freed up for vape-related stuff. :thumb:

Andria

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
A few of you have mentioned Earl Grey tea so I thought I'd share one that I started on some time ago but just finished recently:

Scottish Earl

Earl Grey tea 2%
butterscotch 8%
sweet cream 4%
sweet 3%

All TFA, 30/70 pg/vg, 2 nic

Intense butterscotch on the draw, sweet tea on the exhale. As always, adjust to taste. For reference, it was developed on a Mutation x, 0.6 ohm, 25 watts. This one definitely benefits from sitting around for a while.

Very nice. Think Butterscotchish Earl!

Also, I read your blog: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/facedown/7252-wattage-vs-flavor.html

Very nice discussion on how the setup hardware affects the flavoring. Since I vape what I vape, I mix to match. Your blog explains your trials and pursuits beautifully. We have to match our juice to our gear, and to our wattage and airflow.....No Question About It! Nice job! Recommend everyone read your blog. Thank you for sharing! :toast: :D

:2cool: :vapor:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Back in the summer when I was trying to come out of that month-long smoke break, and not being terribly pleased by my regular Virginia anymore, I tried out some pineapple mixed with some Koolada -- and that was very good, very pleasing to my palate that was getting more and more disenchanted with the taste of Virginia tobacco (never saw THAT coming, after 30+ yrs of Virginia Slims!). I don't vape that anymore, mainly because I have to drink coconut water daily, and I mix it with pineapple juice to disguise the flavor, so I get sufficient pineapple taste daily to do me just fine. :D But I'm considering trying out some other fruits with koolada. Menthol doesn't appeal to me at all; couldn't abide menthol cigarettes after I switched to non, after I was a smoker for just 2 yrs, and a lot of menthol tastes to me like Ben-Gay smells -- ugh! The only "mint" anything that I like at all, is York Peppermint patties, which was why I was musing about adding some chocolate flavor(s) to the Snow Day recipe.

I just got my Juicy Peach, so later today I'm going to mix up some of that Flamingo; that's a departure for me, ordinarily I don't really care for "mixed fruit" -- but the 3 fruits in that, peach, strawberry, and coconut, are some of my most favored fruit flavors, and it sounds very appealing. Can't wait to find out! I seem to have mostly sorted my changing-computer chores, other than trying to get WI-FI working on my husband's computer, so my time is freed up for vape-related stuff. :thumb:

Andria

Good luck Andria! :toast: :D

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Hmm. Maybe that's why I haven't gotten a sweet DIY yet.... I haven't tried more than 2% total.

This is a good point. I use sweetener and Cotton Candy, often interchangeably, and both separately in ranges from 2% to as high as 20%. My first Cinnamon Danish was 20% Cotton Candy, and it was delicious with CD at 20% and Bavarian Cream at 6% (46% flavoring overall). I've since toned it down to 10% cotton candy and it tastes just fine to me, but I needed the stronger flavorings when I first started out. Good luck! :toast: :D

Sweetening to taste is easy with the 100DT method.

I've been reading through this thread for days now, and have ordered quite a few flavors from TFA. I have made a number of juices so far that are quite tasty (Flamingo, Hot Fuzz, Watermelon Surprise, Frozen Fruit, etc) and my wife and I quite like them. She has asked me to make a strong strawberry flavor, like a Jolly Rancher type. Bingo! Bill already has a recipe, Pink Starburst, for that! I mix it up and we have a vape under similar conditions to Bill's preferred vaping (KFL+, 1.5ohm, 12W). The strawberry barely comes through. I even tried upping the strawberry, two drops, in the 5ml test batch without much change.

Is there a secret to get the strawberry flavor to really "pop"? I have both the regular version and ripe strawberry on hand and have tried both in the recipe.

Any help would be appreciated since I'm trying to get my wife off bought juice.

Jeff

Last edited:

Dave_in_OK

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2013
San Antonio Texas
Is there a secret to get the strawberry flavor to really "pop"? I have both the regular version and ripe strawberry on hand and have tried both in the recipe.

Any help would be appreciated since I'm trying to get my wife off bought juice.

Jeff

To make Fruit pop I have used Citric Acid, Sour, and Lemon juice (out of the yellow bottle) all one drop per 5mls to start with. Some one posted that they use one drop of popcorn for Strawberry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread