Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I don't have patience for steeping. I tried mine already. It tastes like banana candy. I don't get the bread part at all.

Might be the Vanillin. I thought BNB by itself at 5% was a little light but true to flavor.
But what do I know ?

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I don't have patience for steeping. I tried mine already. It tastes like banana candy. I don't get the bread part at all.
yeah same here on the patience. I just set them aside and move on to another flavor and when I rediscover them sitting there a month later they might be good.
Banana seems to be one of the flavors that does need steeping. Banana was one of my first DIY flavors. Shake and vape and not really very good. Set aside and moved on to Blueberry which was good shake and vape. When I remembered the banana about a month later it was much better.

so I kind of steep by forgetting about them for a while ;)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Might be the Vanillin. I thought BNB by itself at 5% was a little light but true to flavor.
But what do I know ?

I used 8%, and I also thought it was great, and I never steep, except by accident -- I don't finish some I've mixed for a long time. :D I used a little sweetener too, 2% I think.

Andria

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I used 8%, and I also thought it was great, and I never steep, except by accident -- I don't finish some I've mixed for a long time. :D I used a little sweetener too, 2% I think.

Andria
Hey I finally have some Shisha Strawberry on the way. Look forward to trying it out.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Hey I finally have some Shisha Strawberry on the way. Look forward to trying it out.

You'll be sorry. It's nectar I tell ya... :D

I have some TFA Ripe Strawberry on the way, so I can finally try the new mix, using 8% of it, and 8% of the Capella Sweet Strawberry. But I seem to be making progress on that London Fog clone, so I may vape that for a while, give my buds a rest from strawberry, so I can taste it again. :D

My 2nd iteration of the London Fog is a little better, but I might have backed off the Earl Grey flavor a little too much; the list of recommended percentages says 2%-3%; first I tried 3% and it was a little sharp; then I tried 2% and it's a little too weak, so I think the next iteration may nail it; 2.5%, and back off the custard (vanilla swirl) just a *tad*.

I should get these dishes done so I have room to work on my vape counter, and get that mixed so I can taste it tomorrow. Actually the 2nd effort is so close, I may add just a smidge more Earl Grey and see about vaping that for a while tonight.

Andria

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
You'll be sorry. It's nectar I tell ya... :D

I have some TFA Ripe Strawberry on the way, so I can finally try the new mix, using 8% of it, and 8% of the Capella Sweet Strawberry. But I seem to be making progress on that London Fog clone, so I may vape that for a while, give my buds a rest from strawberry, so I can taste it again. :D

My 2nd iteration of the London Fog is a little better, but I might have backed off the Earl Grey flavor a little too much; the list of recommended percentages says 2%-3%; first I tried 3% and it was a little sharp; then I tried 2% and it's a little too weak, so I think the next iteration may nail it; 2.5%, and back off the custard (vanilla swirl) just a *tad*.

I should get these dishes done so I have room to work on my vape counter, and get that mixed so I can taste it tomorrow. Actually the 2nd effort is so close, I may add just a smidge more Earl Grey and see about vaping that for a while tonight.

Andria
I just have no interest at this point in tea flavored vapes. Been into Lemon Meringue Pie and Cinnamon Danish Swirl. going to move more back towards fruity stuff for a while I think though.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I just have no interest at this point in tea flavored vapes. Been into Lemon Meringue Pie and Cinnamon Danish Swirl. going to move more back towards fruity stuff for a while I think though.

It's really not the "tea" flavor I'm going after; it's the combo of bergamot, hazelnut, and custard.... when I first heard that combo my first thought was YUM. It's turning out pretty well, still just a little tweaking to do.

I always thought Earl Grey was more dessert-y than beverage-y. :D

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I had to google Bergamot. And it scared me ! This "The juice is more bitter than grapefruit juice, but less sour than lemon." Remember I have the "bitter Gene" and Grapefruits are bloody horrible to me.
Enjoy it but not for me I be thinkin.

Plain old tea is probably godawful bitter to you, too; my son won't drink any kind of tea, he says it's just evilly bitter to him -- but he loves coffee, which I find almost too bitter to consume, unless i put a boatload of milk in it. :D Coffee's always been disappointing to me; it smells so gooooooooooooood, but never tastes as great as it smells. :grr:

Andria

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Plain old tea is probably godawful bitter to you, too; my son won't drink any kind of tea, he says it's just evilly bitter to him -- but he loves coffee, which I find almost too bitter to consume, unless i put a boatload of milk in it. :D Coffee's always been disappointing to me; it smells so gooooooooooooood, but never tastes as great as it smells. :grr:

Andria
Yep I cannot handle Iced Tea. Strangely though I can handle and enjoy some hot green tea.

Reactions: TrollDragon

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Yep I cannot handle Iced Tea. Strangely though I can handle and enjoy some hot green tea.

To me, green tea is too sharp, too thin and "tart" or something. I dislike it rather intensely. But black tea... dang I love that stuff. :D My favorite is Twinings English Breakfast, but their Irish Breakfast is also great.

The bergamot orange that's used in Earl Grey tea is mostly for the aroma, though there's a little taste too. It's the only tea I like with cream or milk, just because of that sharpness of the bergamot.

I put a smidge more Earl Grey flavor in my 2nd effort, and more sweetener, but it still needs something. Maybe more of the Sweet Cream than just 2%.

Andria

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
To me, green tea is too sharp, too thin and "tart" or something. I dislike it rather intensely. But black tea... dang I love that stuff. :D My favorite is Twinings English Breakfast, but their Irish Breakfast is also great.

The bergamot orange that's used in Earl Grey tea is mostly for the aroma, though there's a little taste too. It's the only tea I like with cream or milk, just because of that sharpness of the bergamot.

I put a smidge more Earl Grey flavor in my 2nd effort, and more sweetener, but it still needs something. Maybe more of the Sweet Cream than just 2%.

Andria
My wife just perceives most things I taste as bitter as sour. Persimmons OMG they are bitter and people say not after the first frost. They would be bitter to me if frozen solid.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
The bergamot orange that's used in Earl Grey tea is mostly for the aroma
I'm glad you said that because I thought I'd lost my marbles after reading Robert's post about grapefruit! I love Earl Grey tea, and the bergamot seems to have something between an orange and a lemony flavor - definitely not tart/bitter like grapefruit!!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I'm glad you said that because I thought I'd lost my marbles after reading Robert's post about grapefruit! I love Earl Grey tea, and the bergamot seems to have something between an orange and a lemony flavor - definitely not tart/bitter like grapefruit!!

Not at all... but it does have a kinda sharp taste, from the citrus; using cream or milk in it makes it softer and richer.

Andria

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
LOL I have no marbles to lose.
As I was saying those without the bitter gene will perceive things that taste bitter to me as tart or sour.
Anyway here is where I got the info I posted of Bergmont and Earl Grey.
What gives Earl Grey tea its taste? - The Boston Globe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread