The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by glassmanoak, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I loaded a tank with the succulent strawberry today. Holy cow it’s good! I’ll definitely be keeping some on hand all the time.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Me too the same.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. hittman

Supporting member
    I was so happy with the succulent strawberry that I forgot that I also got a small bottle of lucky shot. I haven't tried it yet and am wondering at what percentage I should start at? Any suggestions?

• Like Like x 5
  4. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Try 8%

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    I like it at 10% steeped 30 days
    OSDIY - flavors, % used and everything else

• Like Like x 3
  6. hittman

Supporting member
    I'm good with the 10% but don't know if I can wait 30 days. I might make one to try and one to set back to steep.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Just shake and vape. It's a single flavor.

• Like Like x 3
  8. hittman

Supporting member
    I mixed a test batch. I’ll give it a try tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  9. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    I don't wait on any of their One Stop Flavors or One Stop Blends, except for a few like Baked Cinnamon Roll, that have EA in them that I let evaporate off before vaping it. The rest are all shake and vape to me. Lucky Shot and the others, have all had the flavorings that make them...combined and aging together already, before we even get them. :thumbs:

• Like Like x 6
  10. hittman

Supporting member
    Well I just loaded my Merlin Mtl with the lucky shot. It’s pretty darn good. Sweet but good.

• Like Like x 4
  11. YePsTeR

YePsTeR Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2010
    Northern Michigan
    I do a 10% of Lucky shot and a 10% of OSDIY Shop Lotta Latte. A good morning vape. Might cut the lucky shot to 8% cause of the sweet factor.

• Like Like x 5
  12. hittman

Supporting member
    Is anyone here familiar with Nude Nicotine? I was curious about nicotine salts so I ordered a sample from them on the 24th of last month. With the holiday and everything, I wasn't surprised that I didn't receive a tracking number until the 3rd. However, that tracking number still shows as a label was created but it's not actually shipped. I've emailed them twice and still have not received a response.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mactavish

Mactavish Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    Shipping is notoriously SLOW, they said they were going to address that last year. I've had much better luck calling them on the phone, it's a small shop. I've bought all my "higher end" nic as well as other supplies from them. Great products, though not the cheapest, I figure my lungs would appreciate my attempts at quality. Love my "smooth salts". Good luck!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. hittman

Supporting member
    I ordered the "hit" salts. I assumed that meant it would have a good throat hit.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Burnie

Burnie The Bug Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Yes they are VERY SLOW. I have ordered twice in the past, a sample, then a liter, of the smooth nic salts. Both orders were close to 3 weeks (just under) getting to me. But I had read they were slow, so I just looked at them like it was coming from China, which it is not, but that is how long it takes to get to you. :facepalm:

Yes, that one has the strongest throat hit from what I have read. I haven't tried it, as I prefer less throat hit myself. :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. hittman

Supporting member
    I've always liked a strong throat hit. Thanks for the input on the shipping time. It's been two weeks already so maybe in another week I'll see something from them. I just don't understand why they would print the shipping label if it wasn't ready to ship.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mactavish

Mactavish Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    I order a lot from the net, not talking about just ecig products and have noticed the trend of creating shipping labels almost the minute I order something. I believe it creates the illusion "it's on the way". Until the post office or other shipper can generate a tracking number, that's when I know it's moving in my direction. Again, if you are in doubt, they answer the phone 3 out of 4 times.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. MikeADore

MikeADore Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2016
    Tennessee
    Nude Nic has excellent products, and I've never known anyone to fail to get their order. They mix it to order, which takes a while, but it's worth the wait. I'm sure they had some down time during the holidays, too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. hittman

Supporting member
    I ordered on December 24th and it shipped on January 8th. I get that there were holidays in there but no one from there replied to either one of my emails. I can understand the delay. I don't excuse them for not replying to my emails. I won't order from them again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Twins Win

Twins Win Super Member

Jan 7, 2018
    My first nic order for DIY was from NudeNic. It was a small bottle of 100mg nic. It took them almost three weeks to get my order fulfilled. I'd read the term "peppery" back then quite often but never knew what it was. I found out my very first mix. Strait pepper, NN lost me as a customer that day. When I dumped it, it was yellow.
    I got my next stuff from Vaperstek. I've been happy ever since.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.