Status
Not open for further replies.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Had a little free time so i built a cool and unique voltage indicator extender "The GlowStick" . It screws into a 510 battery and has another batt connector at the other end to screw in a atty/carto . It is like the ones madvapes sells but half the size box wise and much cooler imo .

Parts used :

-Small potting electronics box (Ebay) Note: Must desolder the pin array off the indicator to fit it in this box

-1 fluxomizer clear tube (gotvapes)

- Atomizer connector ( can get off of a atty or buy it from madvapes)

- Sealed 510 batt connector

- 1S voltage indicator

- Small pcb (I used a piece of copper clad i had laying around .It was already etched with a circuit design my company makes for smd LEDs )
- 2 Blue side emitting Plcc2 smd LEDs (3mm LEds should fit also)

- 2 150 ohm resistor (This will change depending on what LEDs are used .Make sure the LEDs are resistored for the highest voltage you will use it on )

- Electronics potting compound ( can use epoxy or silicone as well .Used to fill the box flush and mount the tubes)

- Carbon fiber dinoc ( you can sand and paint if you want as well )

The batt and atty connectors fit perfect inside the fluxomizer tube . I gotta say i love how this little project came out. Heres the pics .

iv10.jpg

iv9.jpg

iv8.jpg

iv6.jpg

iv5.jpg

iv4-1.jpg

iv3.jpg

iv2-1.jpg

iv1-1.jpg

Last edited:

P1NkY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Planet Earth
Damn, Chris! That thing looks positively badAzz! Like you drove a neon bulb through the indicator!
Are those UV LEDs, BTW?
If they are, you could coat the insides of the tube (and/or the outside) with some UV ink!
Or did you already do that? Digital cam pics can look way different than real-life.
Anywho, it looks awesome!

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Btw guys i just wanted to throw it out there .Iv been getting a few pm's to build these for people .Im not selling any . I made the parts list and everything so you guys can build it yourselves .If you have any question on building ,post them here .Id be glad to help . With that said go build it lol . I love this little thing but my mom keeps stealing it to put it on the riva i gave her .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread