THE GV BIRKSHIRE is Coming to Gotvapes soon, ADVANCED Users Only - Must See!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I should add that what I posted may seem like a long involved process; but it really isn't. I built one like this for a guy in a restaurant last week, and it didn't take more than 5 minutes.
Basically, what you are doing is fitting the wick to the coil, instead of wrapping the coil around a previously made wick. The oxidation on the wick is fragile, and every turn of the wire, when you're trying to wrap a coil around the wick is an opportunity for a hot spot.IMO

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I'm looking at this, its odd that the neg connector with the hole in it is so far from the main wick hole, yes I know the other near the wick hole is neg also. Can it be unscrewed and moved? It would be easier to attach neg wire.

The screw near the wick hole is the one you use for the negative connection, when using mesh wicks.. The post on the other side is used for silica wicks.

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
No if you already rolled the mesh you can't start over.Are you using a rba that requires no resistance wire(i do not remember seeing which RBA you are using posted)???Don't forget to burn the kanthal wire thru a blue flame at least 3 times also.

Well I have used scrap pieces of my SS mesh from failed wicks to make a wick when I didnt have enough for a whole wick while I was waiting for my shipment. Not ideal but you can re roll your wick especially if you have burnt through the outer layer, just reroll the wick so the outer layer is now the inner layer. You will have to reoxidize it though.

For Nep, seriously you went through over a meter of wire? Try making a high ohm coil, if your using 32g, make a 8 wrap coil and as you pop the coil, remover the broken bit and just unwind one coil and reconnect that, this will save you a lot of wire while you are learning.

As far as frayed ends go, you can fold over the last 3rd of your mesh so when you roll it the cut end is inside the wick instead of directly touching the coil, this does help a lot.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Well I have used scrap pieces of my SS mesh from failed wicks to make a wick when I didnt have enough for a whole wick while I was waiting for my shipment. Not ideal but you can re roll your wick especially if you have burnt through the outer layer, just reroll the wick so the outer layer is now the inner layer. You will have to reoxidize it though.

For Nep, seriously you went through over a meter of wire? Try making a high ohm coil, if your using 32g, make a 8 wrap coil and as you pop the coil, remover the broken bit and just unwind one coil and reconnect that, this will save you a lot of wire while you are learning.

As far as frayed ends go, you can fold over the last 3rd of your mesh so when you roll it the cut end is inside the wick instead of directly touching the coil, this does help a lot.
I send him some kanthal A-1 32gauge to solve his problems instead of useing nichrome. Could have easily sent him a pre-oxidized wick already coiled but i want to hear his reaction when he gets his own first coil fireing properly which i have a real good feeling now he will early next week.
Its fun if your patient and afterwards much easier the more its done. ; )

wolandepiphanius

Darth Wolandvader
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2012
San Francisco, CA
The HYPER SRT 2 just dropped and in a few hours hopefully the all new Birkshire CRT drops

New Birkshire CRT? That's not the one with the clear tank? There's another one? Really, guys, don't you respect my bank account? It needs to stay intact. I love the birkshire, and I'm eyeing the one with the clear tank. another one's going to make me go crazy while I save up money!

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
New Birkshire CRT? That's not the one with the clear tank? There's another one? Really, guys, don't you respect my bank account? It needs to stay intact. I love the birkshire, and I'm eyeing the one with the clear tank. another one's going to make me go crazy while I save up money!

Nevermind, that is the clear tank birkshire. I should learn to read.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
QUIT IT !! You're starting to think like me and that's dangerous :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I just got mine in like 10 minutes ago.. I seem to be missing the second negative post and screw from it just came with an empty hole

Then you should post a support ticket so they can address the issue... users on the forum here can't help with those types of issues. At least give them a chance to correct it before you start posting about it...

wolandepiphanius

Darth Wolandvader
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2012
San Francisco, CA
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
QUIT IT !! You're starting to think like me and that's dangerous :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry monkey mama. I got the birkshire on Wednesday and I really love this thing. Was thinking of saving up money to buy the CRT, and got excited because I thought there was another version out. Doh! Well, next month I'll get the CRT.

Now, you can go about your business and pay no mind to me...

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Sorry monkey mama. I got the birkshire on Wednesday and I really love this thing. Was thinking of saving up money to buy the CRT, and got excited because I thought there was another version out. Doh! Well, next month I'll get the CRT.

Now, you can go about your business and pay no mind to me...
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Don't be apologizin, I thought it was funny

mogium

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
St pete florida
Bad the pics you posted at the start of the thread is not what is shipping change the pic or change the product :p. other then that.. this was my first time putting a coil on something like this.. IT was nerve racking.. I need a vape...:vapor: alright with that out the way.. This is one good looking piece of hardware. Hits very nice on my vmax pretty easy to set up once you reseach a little and look at the pics. I have it up and running now time to do some more testing ttyl

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Bad the pics you posted at the start of the thread is not what is shipping change the pic or change the product :p. other then that.. l

If I recall, bad had also stated that what was pictured was a pre-production picture and that the released version ( which they were still working on ) could look differently. If the pics on the GotVapes website were incorrect, perhaps there would be room for your criticism but as those are different, IMO see no issue to support your complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread