The Lemo RTA: A Build With Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
You said a 2mm x 1mm O-ring ? Have you confirmed that its the correct size Cig, I'll take your word that it works though. Where to get, or just Google it ?

Nope, can't confirm it, sorry. It was someone's comment from way back. I used boiled linseed oil...goes on in a liquid state, then semi-hardens just lock locktite blue. I used it as a thread locker for spoke nipples back in my mountain bike racing days. It kept spokes from loosening but allowed them to adjusted when necessary.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
For the AFC nut, any spare o-ring that fits snugly on the threads will do the trick. I've used o-rings from drip tips I no longer use, or a spare kayfun chimney o-ring should also be a nice fit.

For setting the air flow, I usually leave the base off, then stick the Lemo on my palm to test the draw until it's adjusted the way I like. No need to keep screwing the base on to test it. :)

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
For the AFC nut, any spare o-ring that fits snugly on the threads will do the trick. I've used o-rings from drip tips I no longer use, or a spare kayfun chimney o-ring should also be a nice fit.

For setting the air flow, I usually leave the base off, then stick the Lemo on my palm to test the draw until it's adjusted the way I like. No need to keep screwing the base on to test it. :)
aha...good to know! I will try that next time. Seems once I have screwed it on I just leave it until I fill it again.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I've always pronounced it like "Memo".

Which I think makes sense, considering the "Lemo(n) Drop"
That's the way i say it too,just seems to make sense.Although watching different reviews of it,it seems like a 50/50 split,about half say it one way and the others say it the other way.I don't care how you say it,as long as they continue to work good haha.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
On pronunciation - think someone needs to ask eLeaf. I've been saying it with the long "e" (the Nemo version), but my guess is the "memo" version is probably correct.

On wicking - seems I have had the opposite experience from many here. My Drop starting working better once I backed off a bit on the wicking -- most of the harshness disappeared. Then I read a couple of people say that the "chunky" wick is really best after running 15ml of liquid through it. LOL - not for me, as I'm often changing flavors well before that.

Anyway, now I'm pretty happy with a wick that has some resistance when pulled through - but not a lot - and a fairly slight shoulder when "relaxed".

On airflow - I have mine between 1.5 and 2 turns from fully closed, and yes, it seems to move around by itself - mostly gets more open - so I always check it when I fill the tank. Guess I'll try the o-ring "fix" at some point.

ddarlington24

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2013
usa
Well so far I've had my lemo a little over a week now put a few builds on it. The one issue with it is if you lay it on its side its certainly going to leak from the air chamber holes. But once it upright again it dose not leak i just have to remind myself not to lay it down.

It not as bad as a KFL is though that thing always leaks and is now in retirement.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Well so far I've had my lemo a little over a week now put a few builds on it. The one issue with it is if you lay it on its side its certainly going to leak from the air chamber holes. But once it upright again it dose not leak i just have to remind myself not to lay it down.

It not as bad as a KFL is though that thing always leaks and is now in retirement.

Most peeps have no probs with Lemos leaking. Try running a large coil like 2.5mm or larger and wick it very heavy but keep the wick away from the juice channels.

Reactions: 52anddone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread