The Lone Vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
The reason I started vaping was to stop smoking, and it did that. But, I sometimes feel "alone" in this thing that's become a hobby. ECF seems to be the only link to others that are into vaping like I am. None of my friends vape, and the only person in my family that vapes is my mother in law.. which uses her EGO and stardust about once or twice per day. I just recently got some new vape gear, and I want to show it off.. show others, let them ooh and ahh over it, have them ask questions, or have someone try it...but there's nobody. I'd go to a few vape stores near me, but none of my gear came from them.. I cannot afford a brick and mortar store. Every time I go, they seem interested in just selliing me something. There's nobody to talk to about a new juice, or new setup...

I'd just like to say, that if it weren't for ECF, I would be TOTALLY alone in this. Thank you everyone for just being here.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
NealBJr, same here EXCEPT I do belong to our Scenic City Vapers Club and their Facebook page. Every 3 mos. there's a "meet". Also, there's a Smokey Mtn. Vapers Club in Knoxville that I've been to several times even tho it's 2-2 1/2 hrs. driving time. Hubby and I are older than most but love interacting with the younger set and seeing their excitement.

If you do not have a club in Lawrenceville, how about Atlanta?.....or Athens? I also have purchased most all of my hardware on line, but do buy my juices locally because I can taste them before buying. I have no trouble showing off any new setups, be it tanks, mods, tips to my vendors of juice.

For you mother-in-law for Christmas or birthday, why not buy her a mini Nautilus and get a $7 Bedazzle glass replacement tube to pretty it up a bit with a pretty new matching colored tip? She might be unaware that there are pretty setups out there. :)

ECF is my "go to" place every day to learn something new, see some gorgeous setups, and help where I can (not much), but most of all to be among people who are as excited and interested about vaping as I am! :laugh:

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
:) Yea, it's sort of a let down... I did get a Mutant-X dripper.... Here I was, blowing clouds... But there's not one person I could say "here, watch this" to. There was a peach state Vapor club, but their meetings were always when I had to work. I haven't heard much from them lately. I could walk into one of the B&M stores, but none of the stuff I got was from them... so it'd be like "look at this stuff I got NOT at your store". If I show my wife, she will just be dis-interested.. and say something like "it looks the same to me".

Last few times I showed my wife a new mod, she's like "It looks like a metal tube like the last one". She doesn't really appreciate the difference.. or care about the difference between a Caravella Nemesis, or King II mod. And, to be honest, none of the Brick and mortar stores near me carry any of these (except maybe the nemesis). I just recently saved a bit each month, and finally saved $100 for a new VW device... I ended up getting a Sigeli... The B&M stores don't carry that, and the closest thing is an IPV V2 35w for $150. I dunno, I guess I'm just sort of venting right now, but this is the only place that will at least halfway understand this vent. :)

In any case, STill thanks. :)

joeybear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Southeast Wisconsin
LOL!! I have a ton of gear and a very good friend who helped me get started is 80 miles away. We text and shoot pics back and forth, but it's not the same. My wife quit smoking 15 years ago and is happy I'm 14 months smoke free, but doesn't get into vaping or the gear at all. I'm all like "check this out!!" and she's all "whatever". Pisses me off sometimes she can't get all stoked the way I'm all geeked for vapemail and new gear!!

The Cloud Minder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
:) Yea, it's sort of a let down... I did get a Mutant-X dripper.... Here I was, blowing clouds... But there's not one person I could say "here, watch this" to. There was a peach state Vapor club, but their meetings were always when I had to work. I haven't heard much from them lately. I could walk into one of the B&M stores, but none of the stuff I got was from them... so it'd be like "look at this stuff I got NOT at your store". If I show my wife, she will just be dis-interested.. and say something like "it looks the same to me".

Last few times I showed my wife a new mod, she's like "It looks like a metal tube like the last one". She doesn't really appreciate the difference.. or care about the difference between a Caravella Nemesis, or King II mod. And, to be honest, none of the Brick and mortar stores near me carry any of these (except maybe the nemesis). I just recently saved a bit each month, and finally saved $100 for a new VW device... I ended up getting a Sigeli... The B&M stores don't carry that, and the closest thing is an IPV V2 35w for $150. I dunno, I guess I'm just sort of venting right now, but this is the only place that will at least halfway understand this vent. :)

In any case, STill thanks. :)

IPV2 @ 35W, for $150?

Really?

1st of all, the IPV1 was 35W

the IPV2 is 50W and the IPV3 is 100W preloaded with updated software taking it to 150W

Secondly, the IPV1 should cost around $60, the IPV2 around $100, and the IPV3 around $150

It sounds like you have hybridized all 3: the IPV2's name, the IPV1's power output, and the IPV3's price.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
NealBJr, same here EXCEPT I do belong to our Scenic City Vapers Club and their Facebook page. Every 3 mos. there's a "meet". Also, there's a Smokey Mtn. Vapers Club in Knoxville that I've been to several times even tho it's 2-2 1/2 hrs. driving time. Hubby and I are older than most but love interacting with the younger set and seeing their excitement.

If you do not have a club in Lawrenceville, how about Atlanta?.....or Athens? I also have purchased most all of my hardware on line, but do buy my juices locally because I can taste them before buying. I have no trouble showing off any new setups, be it tanks, mods, tips to my vendors of juice.

For you mother-in-law for Christmas or birthday, why not buy her a mini Nautilus and get a $7 Bedazzle glass replacement tube to pretty it up a bit with a pretty new matching colored tip? She might be unaware that there are pretty setups out there. :)

ECF is my "go to" place every day to learn something new, see some gorgeous setups, and help where I can (not much), but most of all to be among people who are as excited and interested about vaping as I am! :laugh:

Well, to my knowlege, there are no clubs in Georgia. Atlanta and Athens are a 1 hour drive away.... and that's even if I find one.

As far as my mother in law goes...she's so not in to vaping. She recently quit smoking by using Chantix. before that, she tried to quit by vaping, but she said it never tasted like a cigarette, so she never fully quit by vaping. Once she quit via Chantix, she used the Ego's as a fallback safety measure. I guess both me and her realized she has very low willpower and will want to inhale SOMETHING. So, she pulled out her old vaping gear. Put it this way, it takes her over a month to drain a 900MaH ego battery, and a 15ml bottle is probably a year supply for her. She's tried my mini protank + ego twist, and kayfun, and she wasn't impressed. Her 900MaH is already "blinged" so to speak.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
IPV2 @ 35W, for $150?

Really?

1st of all, the IPV1 was 35W

the IPV2 is 50W and the IPV3 is 100W preloaded with updated software taking it to 150W

Secondly, the IPV1 should cost around $60, the IPV2 around $100, and the IPV3 around $150

It sounds like you have hybridized all 3: the IPV2's name, the IPV1's power output, and the IPV3's price.

Maybe it was the IPV V1...but it was 35 watts.. and yes, $150. Which is why I simply cannot afford the brick and mortar stores. There is a Madvapes near me, but that owner seems to be a bit on the sales end of the business... not really a sit back and relax type vibe going there. The other one is a steampunk themed, but they're more on the lines of "Originals only" type mentality, since thy manufacture Epipes themselves that are too expensive for me. (their cheapest mod, which does look nice, is $100 for a mechanical wooden mod)

And just for the oohs and Ah's... my new sigeli 100W is left, new dripper is on the caravela in the middle.

j78ywaa.jpg

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
No B&M shops, and no vapers here.... I quit the analogs a year ago, and I have only seen 2(!) vapers since then. People must be thinking my mech is some kind of metal flute or something, judging by the way they stare....

looking at the above picture I posted, I carry the second one over from the left... it's been my main outing PV... People say it is an electronic hookah. Maybe because of the drip tip alone.

Big Me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
England
Ooh... I do like the look of the one in the middle. And that's the Mutant X dripper, you say? Nice!! (I would ask you about it but that's not the point of this thread...;))

Right, back to subject... Although I know one other person who vapes, they're just not "into" it as much as I am. lol. He uses clearomisers, but can't tell me what they're called (he knows where to buy them...) The only clue I got with regards to batteries was that they were square and you could still use them whilst charging...(I worked it out :)) and he likes cherry flavoured juice... *shrugs* He's happy with what he's got so that's the main thing, but I can't "geek"about vaping with him. :(

You are not the only lone vaper out there so, thank you for being here too. It's appreciated :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread