The Lone Vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstone1991

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2014
Idaho
When I started out I was the only vaper I knew. It did make it a bit more difficult to stay interested. More recently, I have made a few new friends at work who vape that I can geek out with. One has a few different mods so we can bs about our builds and our gear, but most just have basic ego style setups so its usually just them complaining about their vape and me telling them how to improve it. My wife never smoked and only occasionally takes a puff off my mod, but she at least fakes a bit of interest. She does enjoy looking at mods (even has a Pinterest board dedicated to them) so that's pretty cool. She probably shows me more cool mods than I show her LOL!

My advice to anyone who doesn't know any other vapers (and who wants to meet them) is to get out there and try to find at least a couple. There may not be a lot of us in your area, but I'd be willing to bet there's at least some who probably want someone to share their hobby with just as much as you do.

A few ideas on how to meet other vapers:
1. Look online for existing vape clubs in your area, Facebook and Google + would be a good place to start.
2. If there aren't any around, you could start one.
3. Start going to B&M's you might be surprised (in a good way) by the prices they have on certain items and after a while you'll start to get to know the employees and maybe even some of the other customers. You could even just go every couple weeks to buy a new bottle of juice.
4. If you have a smoking area at work, you could check it out sometime if you don't normally go there. It seems that most vapers (at least in my area) still gravitate towards smoking areas and don't vape in areas that they wouldn't have smoked previously.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread