The LUX - First Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Unfortunately, I'll have to make this post very quick for now, but I wanted to get something up. My very first impression was , wow nice packaging. My second impression was, WOW that's big. My third impression was that its easily as good looking in person as in the pictures. Even with its size though, when put together, which is beyond simple, its balanced very nicely - as in weight distribution. I didn't buy this for a better vape. I bought it for a long lasting battery (and because it looked awesome). I can't answer the battery question yet though, so how does it vape? Well its the 902 atomizer so I already knew I'd like it. I'll be totally honest though. I'm not sure I see a difference in using this battery vs the 902 battery. I might though. I almost feel I get the same exact impression I got when first using the SS atomizer. I might be getting a little more vapor, about the same throat hit and a little less flavor. I'm also breaking in a brand new atomizer though. The only possible negative is that the jewel on both batteries has play in it. I assume its designed that way, but I'm nervous they will fall off - and these aren't cheap batteries. Oh, also one battery I may have a problem with. Its either totally dead (yet it lights up) or its not making contact with my atomizers. I'm doing a complete charge first though. Tony, should i attempt to pull the contact out a bit if it still isn't working after the charge? Speaking of charge, the directions say the light on the charger is green when charged and red when charging. I assume this is correct, but when mine is charging (red), it blinks green about very 5 seconds. Although I like it a lot, my wife said I should still use the smaller one in public. I tend to agree being it sticks out a little haha. Can't wait to see how long the battery lasts. Questions two, Tony.... how much longer would you expect this battery to last compared to the 902 battery? This thing is still 3.7v though, right?

Lelek

Jun 10, 2010
pennsylvania
Glad to hear your thoughts. Realizing that the post was meant to be not all inclusive, I have a question or two.

So the suspect battery is working fine now? If so, then does this imply that a Lux will light but not produce vapor when its battery is drained? Is this usual with manuals?

"In fact a fully charged battery is wow." Please explain this. Are you talking about the battery or the voltage spike from the charge?

Can you see the LED well since your finger goes over it?

Thanks in advance and enjoy!

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
1. I have a feeling now it was the connection of the atomizer I had on it. I'm not convinced it had anything to do with the battery. Its been working perfectly non-stop since last night.

2. I of course couldn't wait, so while I charged the suspect battery to full charge, I was using the other partially charged battery. Like all other batteries I've used, they tend to get weak as they run out of charge. I wrote this thread before trying a fully charged battery. The difference was very noticeable. More vapor and throat hit than it was right out of the box.

3. Actually yes, you can see the LED quite well. The jewel is large enough and the glow radiates out from around your finger. Even in daylight, I don't have a problem seeing it.

As a side note, I'm getting used to the size. Part of that reason is because I really am impressed by the balance of it. You would expect it to be top heavy with a battery that large, but the balance point is almost exactly where you naturally grasp it. Because of this, its simply a pleasure to hold.

grndzero

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Currently I get 4 hours out of a std 902 battery.

4 hours? amateur! j/k. I got laid off right after I got mine. The longest I got out of a battery was 2 hours. I just got a new job and need to get new batteries for my 902. It'll be interesting to see how long I can get out of a 902 battery when I can't use it constantly. Withdrawal from analogs was a little tough but I got over it. I'm not looking forward to oral fixation withdrawal.

Motorpsychle

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Eatonville, WA
Got mine as well now. Before charging it up, it took me a second to realize the cap doesn't screw off but rather pulls off. I currently still have mine charging up, I didn't want to hit it without it being fully charged. Out of the box it's definitely a nice looking pv. Interested to see how the 902 atty performs. This will be my first time with a 902, but I also have some LR 510 cartos I'm going to try as well. Oh well, on with the wait :)

Motorpsychle

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Eatonville, WA
Thanks Garnoch, I didn't realize the gold logo atty was LR. I'll definitely give the atty few days to break in before I judge them. I've never really been much of an atty/cart guy, always seemed to get along better with cartos. Do you use either Blue foam/Fluval or do you find the stock filler to wick fine on the 902?

ckreef

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Central GA
You're welcome. I swear by blue foam - simply cut to fit. I'm interested to try the cartos when Tony gets them in.

+ 1 blue foam cut to fit. Do not make it really snug just a good fit all the way to the top of the cart. That way when you push it onto the atty it can conform to the atty shape and give better wicking.

When you refill with juice use a tooth pick or similar device to poke the air bubbles out of the foam as you refill.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Exactly right - I use a paperclip instead of a toothpick though. :) In fact I rarely replace the foam. I do, but it takes a while. I'm not wasting remaining juice that way either. My initial fill is about 25 drops I guess. Then refills are 15 drops or so. I don't like to get too dry. Once I taste a difference, I'm done with that cart until I can refill it. I've tried other mods but non have seemed worth it to me compared to the difference some simple blue foam made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread