Status
Not open for further replies.

scheherezade

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
VA Beach
so did I, are you a Nikon or Cannon

Nikon, had checked into them decided on a Canon since my 35mm had been great, and then found a great deal on a Nikon D5000. Love the camera. But ya know how it is, theres always something new to buy for it. The money you save on the basic setup is gone for something else a day later because after all "I would have spent that on the camera anyway!" LOL

What about you?

scheherezade

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
VA Beach
Thats a great model. I haven't used a good camera since my Canon 35mm broke many years ago. I'm having a little too much fun! I now own their macro light kit as well as a speedlight and the Nikor macro lens. If you don't have that yet and you like macro or portrait photography its a great lens to treat yourself to. I went with a Tamron for my wide angle, but splurged on the Nikon Macro.

But anyway, happy news, my Lux is here and on the charger. I'm trying to be patient and wait for a full charge, but I don't know if that will happen ;) It looks great Tony! I'll be back on later to talk about it.

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
Yeah isn't it terrible when companies always keep coming out with new models???...... Tony :)

haaa, I fall into the same trap, I always want the new model, camera equipment is an expensive hobby. I am just waiting for Nikon to upgraded the D700 and I will be first in line.

ckreef

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Central GA
Just took up digital photography a few months ago, what are your vices?

Salt water mini reef aquariums and RC airplanes -- both are serious high dollar hobbies. I really want a lux but my current 902 setup works "spot on" at the moment. I also have enough supplies to last another 2 or 3 months. Sometime in the near future I will get the LUX kit when money allows.

scheherezade

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
VA Beach
Salt water mini reef aquariums and RC airplanes -- both are serious high dollar hobbies. I really want a lux but my current 902 setup works "spot on" at the moment. I also have enough supplies to last another 2 or 3 months. Sometime in the near future I will get the LUX kit when money allows.

Yepper, I love salt water aquariums, wanted one for years, but the cost always held me back. They are beautiful. How much time do you spend on them a week and what is considered a mini? Had an old BF that was into the RC planes, definitely not a cheap hobby. I got a great deal on my camera, but didn't really think about all the other "extras" I would end up getting until I was already addicted. LOL, photography is a sneaky little hobby, but fun.

Anyway, got my Lux today. When you're ready to get it, i think you'll love it. I don't know how long the battery will last for me, but Garnoch is going on day 3. The draw on it is great, really smooth and consistant. Love my 902 as well. Enough that I ordered two more battaries and 3 attys in blue for it! Vaping seems to be another hobby of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread