The NETty awards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
What are the names of the juices you talking about?

The cigars are from Drew Estate and the juices are from Want2Vape. ACID Blondie > The Blond; ACID Cold-Infusion Tea > CI Cigar ; Tabak Especial > Coffee-Infused Cigar.

The flavor was the same. The experience was different, because different notes become present in cigars as they burn down, and smoke is just a different experience than vapor.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
That's interesting. Now thinking back to my smoking days I reckon I would fail a blind tasting test of cigarette brands because they all tasted so similar to me with little variation, but with juices I can distinguish easier. Its only now that I have given up smoking and can really taste the liquids that I am making out all the nuances and subtle undertones.

If you read some of the in depth juice reviews on this site you will see that other users are most definitely getting characters, depth and layers of flavour and complexity compared to your one dimensional experience.

This is definitely a perceptual thing and you might consider why this is so in order to enhance your vaping experience. If you are still smoking I would say it might be an idea to 'trial' vaping while having a break from smoking and see if that enhances your taste experience.

How long has it been since you've smoked a cigarette or cigar?

What are the names of the juices you talking about?

It is not that they do not reproduce the flavor of a real thing correctly, it is as if all these different tobacco juices that come from different vendors have only two bases, which results in a very "flat" flavor profile. One base has a real pipe/cigar profile, with its main characteristic being the flavor of a peat. The other base does not even taste like tobacco and does not have that pipe/cigar peat flavor. The taste variations within each base are barely noticeable. Sure, perhaps all these tobacco juices accurately reproduce the real taste of something, something generic, say, a pipe tobacco "A" and a cigar tobacco "B," but that real taste is generic, "flat" and one dimensional.

In other words, these are not quality brand flavors that made certain tobacco brands very popular and instantly recognizable, such as Dunhill, Partagas, Cohiba, Davidoff, and many others.

Maybe the following example will make it clear what I am trying to say: Sure, I can taste the difference between, say the Devil Dog and London, for example, but both have a "flat," one dimensional flavor profile to begin with and the difference in flavor is that one is peatier than the other. There is nothing else going on in there, in my opinion. There is no depth of flavor in either of them. It is as if they are using the same base. In sharp contrast to this, in my opinion, it is pretty much impossible to confuse Dunhill and Davidoff, for example. A newbie might not know which one is which and might not know the brand names, but the flavors are very distinct, memorable, bold, and multidimensional with a lot of depth.

Dan33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Bay Area, USA
Until an expert can come up with a good recreation of burning tobacco... your opinion doesn't count simply because you have no experience in the matter of recreating the flavor/experience. It isn't about "what you think it should be"... it is about what it is at this time.
I have plenty of experience smoking pipe and cigars. And in my opinion, vaping London, for example, is like smoking a real pipe and burning real tobacco. I do not think you have understood what I was talking about.

As many here have already said... they have compared the flavor of a paticular pipe or cigar with the e-liquid that they are made from... and the flavor is there but not the burning part... I know you can't taste the flavors or the complexity, but almost all of the others have.
I have already mentioned many times, that is not the issue. Again, it is not that, say, vaping London or Devil Dog is not like burning real tobacco, in my opinion, it is like burning real pipe tobacco. I was talking about something else. You can read about it here.

Dan33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Bay Area, USA
The flavor was the same. The experience was different, because different notes become present in cigars as they burn down, and smoke is just a different experience than vapor.
Ah, I see; it seems the issue is that we define certain words differently. "Flavor" and "experience" are not the same things to me. Flavor is literally the flavor, something I taste. Experience is what I feel (the state of mind, mood and things of that nature) that I get while/from smoking/vaping. So, just to be clear, my issue is not experience. It is the flavor. I have tried to explained it here.

VaporMizer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
I agree with Dan on some points, tobacco flavor isn't very developed in it's raw state....pretty much decaying leaf flavor. The tobacco should at least be roasted first before extraction to develop some of it's intended flavor....the tobacco industry already has a name for the such a thing. They are called roasted tobacco volatiles.

What we have now is akin to extracting coffee from unroasted beans. You can learn to get all gourmet over that if you want, but I'm just going to keep trying stuff from different vendors and my own DIY until someone gets it right. Some NETs have been more enjoyable than others but I haven't tried anything that I would reorder yet.

Last edited:

CannedWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Seattle, WA. USA
Ah, I see; it seems the issue is that we define certain words differently. "Flavor" and "experience" are not the same things to me. Flavor is literally the flavor, something I taste. Experience is what I feel (the state of mind, mood and things of that nature) that I get while/from smoking/vaping. So, just to be clear, my issue is not experience. It is the flavor. I have tried to explained it here.

You've referenced that post in nearly all of your replies. I appreciate that you aren't getting the satisfaction that you were expecting from NETs and that your opinion on each of the flavors is, in general, very poor. I've read that post. I understand where you are coming from. My experience differs greatly from yours but, that doesn't mean your experience is invalid - it is your experience. That said, this is well past the point of being a circular conversation.

There have been suggestions made in this thread on things that you could do and advice given on what flavors are currently available.

At this point, nothing anyone says will change your opinion and vice versa. My recommendation is that we drop it and either you take the advice given or dont.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
You've referenced that post in nearly all of your replies. I appreciate that you aren't getting the satisfaction that you were expecting from NETs and that your opinion on each of the flavors is, in general, very poor. I've read that post. I understand where you are coming from. My experience differs greatly from yours but, that doesn't mean your experience is invalid - it is your experience. That said, this is well past the point of being a circular conversation.

There have been suggestions made in this thread on things that you could do and advice given on what flavors are currently available.

At this point, nothing anyone says will change your opinion and vice versa. My recommendation is that we drop it and either you take the advice given or dont.

Last edited:

Dan33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Bay Area, USA
How long has it been since you've smoked a cigarette or cigar?
A couple of weeks. But I am a foodie and I believe I have a pretty good palate.

I can taste the difference in most of them. It is just that that difference is muted. I guess it is a matter of a personal preference. Some people want to eat lamb, for example, but they do not want and do not like an actual taste of lamb. Some people want to eat fish, but when it comes to a flavorful fish, they often say that they do not like strong fish flavors. I am the opposite. I love bold, big, in-your-face, strong flavors. Some juices do stand out, but a lot of them are just kind of "meh" in the flavor department. To give a more relevant example, I like something like Dunhill or Davidoff, not necessarily their specific taste/flavor, but how memorable, distinctive, bold and multidimensional their flavors are, if that makes any sense.

Dan33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Bay Area, USA

I appreciate all the advice given and I have already followed up on it and ordered some stuff. I thought we are just talking and discussing things. I am not trying to convince anybody in anything. I am new to vaping and just trying to learn and educate myself on the subject from all the replies and different opinions. I am sorry for hijacking the thread.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.

Getbacktotwerk.gif

It is at this point that I say: I think we're being trolled.

get_back_to_twerk-29135_zps3446805c.gif

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Dan33 ... would you please quit taking this thread off topic... cast a vote if you want, discuss it if you wish in another appropriate thread... but drop it here.. This thread is about casting a vote for favorite NET tobaccco's... it isn't for discussion and you've taking off topic for far too long already that it has become ridiculous.

TheCatsPajamas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
San Diego
www.envisionvapor.com
CUZ I BEEN UP IN MY LAB ASSEMBILIN......MISSILES>>>>TO BOMB THE ENEMY BECAUSE THE ENVY ME............ Haha thanks Mann, I love me some Pharcyde. That is a good jam for sure. They put on one hell of a live show. Seen it quite a few times!! If nothing else came from that discussion of NETs that video made it all worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread