Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
It is too early to tell how long it might take until a "beta" sample is available, but when I have it, I will let you know. I can tell you this though, it is not going to be just another NET. It is going to be "outside of the box," in a good way.

I am telling you, many vendors got their start by being unsatisfied with what was available.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I agree with Dan on some points, tobacco flavor isn't very developed in it's raw state....pretty much decaying leaf flavor. The tobacco should at least be roasted first before extraction to develop some of it's intended flavor....the tobacco industry already has a name for the such a thing. They are called roasted tobacco volatiles.

What we have now is akin to extracting coffee from unroasted beans. You can learn to get all gourmet over that if you want, but I'm just going to keep trying stuff from different vendors and my own DIY until someone gets it right. Some NETs have been more enjoyable than others but I haven't tried anything that I would reorder yet.

Coming from Tobacco Road, it is well know in these parts that you NEVER smoke a raw tobacco leaf. It is not possible for a human to enjoy it. :)

So then how did someone figure out how to process it in a smokeable form? Things that make you go, hmmmm.

VaporMizer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
Coming from Tobacco Road, it is well know in these parts that you NEVER smoke a raw tobacco leaf. It is not possible for a human to enjoy it. :)

So then how did someone figure out how to process it in a smokeable form? Things that make you go, hmmmm.

I imagine it was some guy's job in the tribe to be the fire keeper and he came up with puffing on smoldering dry leaves rolled up like a crude cigar or perhaps in a rudimentary pipe to get the job done.

Through trial and error he would have stumbled upon leaves with interesting side effects. Once he found a favorite the task would turn to improving the taste and effect to make his job more bearable.

EDIT: These early fire keepers would eventually evolve into the first shaman.

Discaimer: I just made all that up on the spot. :D

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Not sure Dan. I spend my time pondering other fantasies. :) Sorry I can't help.

There was a time I would've had a list, but now I can't help but wonder why I would want anything to taste like it was burning. Trust me though, if you start a thread about this, you will get a LOAD of responses. Almost everybody coming off of smoking wants to continue, but changing the smoke to vapor. I recently smoked just because and while it was relatively quality tobacco, it was NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Not sure Dan. I spend my time pondering other fantasies. :) Sorry I can't help.

Such as, if you could vape one juice that exactly replicates the flavor of a specific woman, who would who want to vape? Yeah, I ponder that a lot too.

There was a time I would've had a list, but now I can't help but wonder why I would want anything to taste like it was burning. Trust me though, if you start a thread about this, you will get a LOAD of responses. Almost everybody coming off of smoking wants to continue, but changing the smoke to vapor. I recently smoked just because and while it was relatively quality tobacco, it was NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smoke it until you like it (doesn't take long) ;)

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Dan33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Bay Area, USA
There was a time I would've had a list, but now I can't help but wonder why I would want anything to taste like it was burning.
Oh, I do not know, because top quality pipe or cigar tobacco is incredibly complex and super delicious, but there is nothing wrong with vaping a strawberry punch. :glare: :D Wait, I think I saw your list of NETs in this thread, so I am confused...

Trust me though, if you start a thread about this, you will get a LOAD of responses. Almost everybody coming off of smoking wants to continue, but changing the smoke to vapor.
I think most people are coming off cigarettes, not pipe or cigars.

CannedWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Seattle, WA. USA
I think most people are coming off cigarettes, not pipe or cigars.

I dont think it'll matter much.

Sure, I smoked American Spirits every day for 12 years and camel non filtered & wides for 12 before that. I also smoked a pipe from time to time and had cigars from time to time and rolled my own cigarettes from pipe and cigar tobacco and lived overseas and rolled my own and and and...

I wouldnt underestimate the vaping community... I'd wager if you started a thread asking that question, you'd get a sizable amount of answers.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
I wonder if it's the WTA factor that you might be looking for Dan, although admittedly your posts are all about the flavor. Coming off cigarettes you will note a big change in the sweetness levels even if the juice is considered by most to be non-sweet. And the Devil Dog doesn't need steeping from what I understand. I couldn't handle that one myself because I hate whiskey and to me it has that flavor - possibly the oak barrel process? possibly the "peatiness" of the main tobacco. It could be that "tobacco absolute" which to me has a bitter taste may be where you'll land.....

Dan33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Bay Area, USA
Such as, if you could vape one juice that exactly replicates the flavor of a specific woman, who would who want to vape? Yeah, I ponder that a lot too.
Well, I guess it depends how you define "the flavor," but it sounds, um, weird.

That having been said, picture this, Cloris Leachman and Joan Rivers January Jones and Bar Refaeli seating in your room and vaping Padron Serie 1926 #9 Natural Toro. Pure heaven.

Joking aside, have you guys tried HouseOfLiquid's juices (El Toro, etc) and Kick Ash? Any likes or dislikes?

Dan33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Bay Area, USA
I wonder if it's the WTA factor that you might be looking for Dan, although admittedly your posts are all about the flavor.
I still have Aroma's Turkish Blend WTA, Dark Honey Tobacco WTA, Beatle Juice WTA, and DK-Tab WTA. I take their word that the WTA stuff is in there, but tobacco flavor is nowhere to be found in said juices. Some people swear by the WTAs, but I do not think I am missing that component. I just like bold and complex tobacco flavors.

scarf-ace

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, I guess it depends how you define "the flavor," but it sounds, um, weird.

That having been said, picture this, Cloris Leachman and Joan Rivers January Jones and Bar Refaeli seating in your room and vaping Padron Serie 1926 #9 Natural Toro. Pure heaven.

Joking aside, have you guys tried HouseOfLiquid's juices (El Toro, etc) and Kick Ash? Any likes or dislikes?

Dan, several of us are big fans of the HoL range, not least of all myself. Also Hulamoon, Blix, CarbonThief, Jerms...

They didn't fare all too well at the awards but I voted for two: El Toro's Puros Naturales as Best Cigar, and Ebaron's Brasileiro as best Other Flavor NET (coffee, nom nom nom)

And for me, it's Daniel Craig, Idris Elba, and Henrik Lundquist sitting in a room, all smoking different pipe tobaccos. :)

Last edited:

CannedWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Seattle, WA. USA
Dan, several of us are big fans of the HoL range, not least of all myself. Also Hulamoon, Blix, CarbonThief, Jerms...

They didn't fare all too well at the awards but I voted for two: El Toro's Puros Naturales as Best Cigar, and Ebaron's Brasileiro as best Other Flavor NET (coffee, nom nom nom)

THey are on my list. need money first :)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
So that somehow excludes him from staying on topic even when he was asked/suggested many times to go to a thread where what he was discussing is on topic... I don't think so. Forum etiquette is the same for all... one type of person isn't excluded from it.

Oh, i agree about etiquette. You are entirely correct on that.

But failing to use forum etiquette doesn't make somebody a troll. If that were true, over 3/4 of the forum at one time or another, including myself, would have to wear that label and sit with a dunce cap on in the corner for the day. ;)

Dan33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Bay Area, USA
Guevara, Virginia Prime, and Eden I highly recommend. Puros is regarded highly by others.
I have a good feeling about these and going to order samples of all four today.

I'd like to try the newest line one of these days.
Are you talking about Chivalry, Reserve and Minotaur?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread