Status
Not open for further replies.

scarf-ace

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Best NET Overall
First Place
DRAGON'S FIRE-Heather's Heavenly Vapes (6 votes)
Second Place (tie)
BLUEGRASS BURLEY-Ahlusion/SMOOTH CRIMINAL-Ahlusion (3 votes)
Third Place (tie)
PATRIOT-Goodejuice/VURLEY-Ahlusion/HUNTSMAN-HHV (2 votes)

Best NET Unsweet
First Place
PATRIOT-Goodejuice (6 votes)
Second Place (tie)
DEVIL DOG!-Ahlusion/BLUEGRASS BURLEY-Ahlusion (4 votes)
No other juice received more than one vote.

Best NET Sweet
First Place
DRAGON'S FIRE-Heather's Heavenly Vapes (4 votes)
Second Place (tie)
VURLEY-Ahlusion/SMOOTH CRIMINAL-Ahlusion (3 votes)
Third place (tie)
HEAVENLY ARMY-HHV/SHADOW-HHV/CANDIED CAVENDISH-The Plume Room (2 votes)

Best NET Fruity
First Place
SWEET GEORGIA PEACH-Ahlusion (3 votes)
Second Place (tie) SMOKIN' CHERRIES-Ahlusion/APPLE CURED tobacco-Goodejuice (2 votes)
No other juice got more than one vote.

Best NET Other Flavor
First Place (tie)
SUNDAY MORNING-Mountain Oak Vapors/VITA BELLA-Goodejuice (3 votes)
Second Place (tie)
VURLEY-Ahlusion/HUNTSMAN-HHV/SERENDIPITY-HHV (2 votes)

Best Cigar NET
First Place
HABANA DAYDREAM-QuickNicJuice (4 votes)
Second Place
THE BLONDE-Want2Vape (3 votes)
Third Place (tie)
ALCAZAR-Want2Vape/MANAGUA-Want2Vape (2 votes)

Best Pipe NET
First Place
LEGEND (fka Gandalf)-Heather's Heavenly Vapes (7 votes)
Second Place
PATRIOT-Goodejuice (4 votes)
Third Place
GRANDPA'S NIGHTCAP-QuickNicJuice (3 votes)

Best Cigarette NET
First Place
DARK HORSE-Heather's Heavenly Vapes (6 votes)
Second Place
WRANGLER LIGHT-Goodejuice (4 votes)
Third Place (tie)
PARIS-Want2Vape/WILD TURKEY-Goodejuice (3 votes)

Non-NET Tobacco
First Place (tie)
GOLD-NiteLiteVapor/DK-TAB in various brands (3 votes)
Second Place (tie)
LONGBOTTOM LEAF-Epipemods Pipe Sauce/HEAVENLY TOBACCO-Heather's Heavenly Vapes (2 votes)

Thank you all for participating, but the real thank you here is to our favorite vendors and NET artisans. We appreciate your work and artistry and willingness to perfect the very esoteric craft of natural tobacco E-liquid. You guys ROCK. :toast:

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Dan my very succinct advice on all you have said is this - give vaping time. Be patient with it. When I first started I found e-cigs to be harsh, plastic tasting and not like cigarettes, but they gave me the all important nicotine fix. It took time to really start tasting the liquids.

I've had a see-saw struggle with my quit from cigarettes so I have a bit of experience when I say that each and every time I stopped smoking again and went back to e-cigs, e-cigs just didn't taste great but after weeks of vaping, and ONLY vaping, it got better and better to the point that a cigarette would taste strong and pungent (plus leave an awful after taste in the mouth) and e-cigs gave me a splendid deeply complex experience of taste sensation.

Give it time, stay off the analogs and keep trialing and testing new liquids, atomizers, mods, etc. It is all part of the fun of vaping.

I appreciate all the advice given and I have already followed up on it and ordered some stuff. I thought we are just talking and discussing things. I am not trying to convince anybody in anything. I am new to vaping and just trying to learn and educate myself on the subject from all the replies and different opinions. I am sorry for hijacking the thread.

scarf-ace

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
There is also a way to capture certain very complex flavors as a smoke and then infuse those flavor into a carrier, which can be many things including a liquid. That is what separates Ferran Adrià from other chefs, well, not only that, but it is something he is known for.

Ferran Adrià also has millions of dollars worth of flavor chemistry lab at his disposal. He can also choose the best medium for his flavors: emulsion, foam, cream, etc. All E-liquids need to be in a base of PG and VG and be able to survive repeated high heatings.

In my opinion, it does not matter. Any flavor can be recreated. Not extracted. Recreated. Complex flavors require a lot of skills to recreate, though.

I think the manufacturers of Pepsi-Cola would like to have a chat with you. ;)

Last edited:

scarf-ace

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Is the thread going to be left open?

I have no intention of asking it to be closed. I kinda like it here:)

Maybe we'll have another NETtys in a few months...see how things shake up after people try more stuff, juices become steeped, etc. LOL.

Dan33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Bay Area, USA
Ferran Adrià also has millions of dollars worth of flavor chemistry lab at his disposal.
Maybe he has millions now, but when he got started he was pretty much like everyone else. Today his flavor creation techniques are used by ordinary chefs who do not have huge budgets. Some of his techniques can even be used at home with a minimum equipment.

He can also choose the best medium for his flavors: emulsion, foam, cream, etc. All E-liquids need to be in a base of PG and VG and be able to survive repeated high heatings.
True...but, in order to recreate certain food textures, he has to do it. When it comes to recreating or capturing just a pure flavor, without the texture(s) associated with it, there is no need to use most of that stuff.

Dan33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Bay Area, USA
Give it time, stay off the analogs and keep trialing and testing new liquids, atomizers, mods, etc. It is all part of the fun of vaping.
I hear you. Definitely. I am not giving up or anything. I already like Halo's juices, so I can always use them. And today I had a conversation with one vendor who is willing to work with my ideas to try to create what I have in mind. It is going to take some time, but I am pretty confident that it can be done.

Thank you for your support and encouragement. I appreciate it!

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I have no intention of asking it to be closed. I kinda like it here:)

Maybe we'll have another NETtys in a few months...see how things shake up after people try more stuff, juices become steeped, etc. LOL.

Thanks for the NETtys Scarfinator! Twas fun indeed.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I couldn't agree more... it has to be troll job

Just looking in, but I don't think so. Dan is self-described "foodie". As soon as you see that, I knew it wasn't a troll.

Foodies are very passionate about taste(s), I don't think its a troll at all, but sometimes conversation (normal flow of real conversation, not forum conversation) takes twists and turns and you do end up off topic a lot in real life.

If this was, for instance, a topic that had movie critics about best movies, you'd expect the topic to get off topic quickly as well. Ditto with literary critics when discussing "best books". :)

Nature of the beast. IMHO.

Nice poll!!

Somewhat wasted on me, I don't do tobacco very often, although I do have some Ahlusions Smooth Criminal which is *perfect*

...and also some Plume Room Candied Cavendish. :) I will still order again but t's a little too sweet? Sweet should always be in the background, at least for me it should be. You know it's there, but it isn't THERE THERE. This from someone who vapes desserts........but if the sweet is upfront, it would be the same in a regular dessert.......sets your teeth on edge. The most delictible sweets are subtle in their sweetness, you can feel it in your brain, your eyelashes flutter just a tad, its a chemical reaction. :)

When it's out in front, like a cheap grocery store cookie or Little Debbie cake, you know you are not eating the "best" dessert

Last edited:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
If Dusty_D or any other mods see this, can you edit the original post with the following line:

VOTING NOW CLOSED. RESULTS IN POST # 421.

Thank you.

Done!

215716d1369771199t-heathers-heavenly-vapes-big-thread-fire_dragon.jpg

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Well Dan whatever your affiliated vendor is working on for you is something I would definitely like to sample!

I hear you. Definitely. I am not giving up or anything. I already like Halo's juices, so I can always use them. And today I had a conversation with one vendor who is willing to work with my ideas to try to create what I have in mind. It is going to take some time, but I am pretty confident that it can be done.

Thank you for your support and encouragement. I appreciate it!

mecocina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Florida
Thank you Scarf for this thread. I've learned a lot and have pages of notes, really I do, along with my own extractions. Too bad my two itty bity votes didn't make the list LOL. The other NETS I have are still aging as I said I wouldn't revisit them until after Labor Day.

I hope to get more NETs in the future as my wallet allows. Darn...my money tree is not producing a bigger harvest :laugh:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Just looking in, but I don't think so. Dan is self-described "foodie". As soon as you see that, I knew it wasn't a troll.

So that somehow excludes him from staying on topic even when he was asked/suggested many times to go to a thread where what he was discussing is on topic... I don't think so. Forum etiquette is the same for all... one type of person isn't excluded from it.

Dan33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Bay Area, USA
Well Dan whatever your affiliated vendor is working on for you is something I would definitely like to sample!
It is too early to tell how long it might take until a "beta" sample is available, but when I have it, I will let you know. I can tell you this though, it is not going to be just another NET. It is going to be "outside of the box," in a good way.

Dan33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Bay Area, USA
So that somehow excludes him from staying on topic even when he was asked/suggested many times to go to a thread where what he was discussing is on topic... I don't think so. Forum etiquette is the same for all... one type of person isn't excluded from it.
Look at the time stamp. I posted that before all those silly troll posts started. Nobody suggested that I go to another thread, but when I was explicitly asked to stop discussing what we were talking about, I did. Interesting that you do not seem to think that the "drop" clip and comments about it were "on topic," but my discussion about NET juices was "off topic."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread