The Newest creation from MAP! The DCT MAP Tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ED-209

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2010
Florida Panhandle
These are looking good Bruce, please talk MAP to make a device\tool that we can use to punch our own holes in the cartos, that would help soooo much. I am sure he can come up with something that works like pliers as he seems to be a guru when it comes to creating new things. I know someone created a jig a while ago for the cartos on the GG but they don't make it anymore and I have no clue how to punch holes with a hammer and that tool they use as well as I don't have a vice. Just a thought as I am sure there would be plenty of demand for them.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
I just yanked apart one of my original map tanks to see if I could modify it for the cartos. The openings on the caps are to small :(

I have a question on the SS version? Are they easier to get the cartos out of? I still have a heck of a time yanking the ce2's out of the delryn caps. If the stainless is easier then I am gonna wait and yes, cave and give it a try.

Any chance of colored tubes?

ED-209

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2010
Florida Panhandle
I just yanked apart one of my original map tanks to see if I could modify it for the cartos. The openings on the caps are to small :(

I have a question on the SS version? Are they easier to get the cartos out of? I still have a heck of a time yanking the ce2's out of the delryn caps. If the stainless is easier then I am gonna wait and yes, cave and give it a try.

ShanB did a video review on these and from what it looks like, it doesn't appear to be as hard as it was with the MAP tanks.

‪DCT - Dual Coil Tank - by MAP‬‏ - YouTube

ejoker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010

on both the delrin and ss dct, its much easier to remove the carto than the ce2 maps. the dct caps have o-rings in them, which (compared to 'other' carto tanks) gives a snugger fit, making it more secure to handle and less prone to leaking.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
MAP uses a jig of some sort. He is sending me pre-punched cartos, I should have soon.
You can drill them or use a punch too. Just you have to get the height right.

I can't wait to see a tutorial. My first couple of attempts failed. I tried a punch (really a little finishing nail and a 12, then 16, then 22 oz hammer) which all resulted in denting the carto a little bit. It did make the right sized holes in the right places, but the dent created a leak due to the dent/dimple getting to the point the O-ring seals it. I also tried my drill press and will probably try that again with some rubber on the vice. The vice left tool marks which also created a minor leak where the O-ring seals it... but something softer between the vice and the carto will probably solve that. -- I ran out of triple coils (which is really what I was hoping to have in the tank today), but I have 70 or 80 dual coils on hand, so I can try again tomorrow.

All in all, the DCT MAP tank works very well. If I figure out a good way to punch cartos, I'll probably use it every day and will be happy to buy more of them.

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
Gor my tank this morning. It took only 6 days from the US to Europe.

Imedeatelly filled it up. It needed only a couple of minits to do so. Vaping all the time. OMG, I´m about to finish the first tank.
Amazing, taste, TH, all just perfect.

The tank is much better than what I hoped for.

Bruce, when will there be SS tanks for the DC.

Bigbuyer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Florida, USA
Still waiting for the SS DCT! Hope this week.
I have the punched cartos made by MAP. I had them made in 1.5 and 1.25 ohm.
And today...the white DCT Tank!

DCT_MAP_Tank_in__4e4049f24b430_90x90.jpg

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
The DCT is just great. More flavor, and I just get board, nothing to do, no topping of, no dripping, no filling cartos all the time.

So probably I´m going to get some hybrid atos, will try to use them with some pump carts for dripping with a tank. Got used to fiddle around with my stuff and are missing it when at home.

For out and about, on the job etc. the DCT tank is best.

Thanks Bruce for your great products, and awesome service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread