THE OFFICIAL BLOOG "Hey Leaford, I have a question!" THREAD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Hey Leaford,

Did you change the black rubber sanitarty mouth pieces?

I just tried a new one, it's really different and I don't like it. No offense, different strokes for different folks and all that. But for me, It's a harder, stiffer rubber. And instead of being one solid rounded piece, the new one seems to be two sperate pieces molded together right where the lip touches it.. like a ridge that just isn't as comfortable as the original smooth one.

Are there still old ones in stock? Can I still get the old ones?

I just love them so much, but I've lost a few and am down to my last old version. Don't really want to use these new ones. :(

Sorry about that Popeye.

No, we haven't changed them. In fact, we haven't had to reorder them for a while. They're cheap, so we get a LOT at once. I'm not even sure offhand whether we've even needed a second batch of them.

It's probably just manufacturing variances. Was the whole pack like that?

popeye79

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2011
WA, USA
unfortunatly, yes. My first box were all the same, and awsome.

This second box is all the same, not so awsome.

I just have a crappy cell phone camera, but I tried to get the difference. It's much more profound in person. The ridge where to sections meet right where the lip goes, well I wouldn't say sharp. But it's like getting a ruff cut piece of wood that needs to be sanded.

And the rubber material they're made from seems to be completely different. The old one is much softer, and can bend more. The newer ones are more rigid and stiff. No where near as comfortable when you've got it between your teeth because your hands free chain vaping.. you know?

Here are the pics I could manage. Old version on the left, new on the right.

e-cig tip 1.jpg P12-17-11_19.50.jpg

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
unfortunatly, yes. My first box were all the same, and awsome.

This second box is all the same, not so awsome.

I just have a crappy cell phone camera, but I tried to get the difference. It's much more profound in person. The ridge where to sections meet right where the lip goes, well I wouldn't say sharp. But it's like getting a ruff cut piece of wood that needs to be sanded.

And the rubber material they're made from seems to be completely different. The old one is much softer, and can bend more. The newer ones are more rigid and stiff. No where near as comfortable when you've got it between your teeth because your hands free chain vaping.. you know?

Here are the pics I could manage. Old version on the left, new on the right.

View attachment 68727 View attachment 68728

Yeah, sorry those pics are no help at all.

Anyway, let me look into this on Monday.

And since you've broken the seal, I'm not sure if we could cover them under warranty, same as cartos. But as usual, that's a CS issue, and you should contact them about it to be sure.

popeye79

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2011
WA, USA
I'm not looking for a free replacment from cs, I got exactly what I ordered and they're only like $2.

I just wanted you to be aware of the slight manufacturing problem, and was hopeing I could order more like the original one I have.

It's not a big enough problem for me to loose sleep over. I was just hopeing there were two different batches, which apparently there were not.

At any rate, have a great day and let me know if you find out any corporate espionage is going on over there in china! :p

:vapor::vapor::vapor:

prometheus

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Pittsburgh PA
More of a wish list item then a question but I have been using a box mod with a bottom feeder on and off with my Bloog and was wondering if anything like this was in the works for Bloog? I would just rather give my money to Bloog and at $80-$150 a unit I think it could be very profitable for you guys. 5 volt version would rock as well ;)

Of course if it doesn't work with the direction the company is going I understand. Just wanted to throw it out there.

shooter59

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Central Indiana
If you run out of the black tips, remember that a small hole in the end of the plain condom also works very well for a "try me" mouthpiece...

Sorry to hear about the rubber tips. I've got about three left and was getting ready to order a whole bunch. They're inexpensive enough to let somebody try ecigs so I try to keep some around. I also use them myself for hands free vaping.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Would you guys consider making the batteries and cartos available in a marbled cigar brown? Seems like a very natural option, but for some reason, is rarely offered.

Thx!

Batteries maybe, but we're sticking with the black cartos. Black goes well with all batt colors. Brown doesn't. And stocking both would double inventory costs.

I've bought a few blank cartomizers from you guys recently, and as a YouTube review says (somewhere, can't find it) there was a distinct chemical smell that transferred into the freshly filled cartomizer's taste. I sincerely appreciate that you guys take the extra step to pre-package the cartomizers in sterile blister packs, but have you considered passing them through a pre-clean so the chemical smell is stripped? I find that boiling them first nearly eliminates the smell, or if I fill them immediately by the third refill the taste is nearly eliminated.

On the same vein, I bought into Bloog because their design seems to be less prone to charring and burning the internals in comparison to many other 808 carts. I think there might be a market for the "unburnable" cartomizer which may cost a bit more for a pack, but contains materials which will never burn down when the juice runs dry. Would you consider such a product?

Edit:
One additional finding that I forgot to mention. I've been carrying the ecigs in my front pants pockets, and find that I often loose the tip when pulling them out. Sometimes they end up in my pocket, other times they're lost to the void walking around. The only fix I've found is to stuff the tip completely into the cartomizer tube, which then exposes a metal lip. While I understand your attempt to make these easier to remove than traditional hard caps, I think that a slightly longer tip that contains a 1mm inner-most ring (inside the carto) at the same max O.D. as the current tip would do a lot to keep these little buggers in place.

PS: You guys are making excellent products! I plan on being a Bloog customer for the foreseeable future.

Thanks!

Last edited:

TheBaldEagle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
keyport
www.bloog.com
I've bought a few blank cartomizers from you guys recently, and as a YouTube review says (somewhere, can't find it) there was a distinct chemical smell that transferred into the freshly filled cartomizer's taste. I sincerely appreciate that you guys take the extra step to pre-package the cartomizers in sterile blister packs, but have you considered passing them through a pre-clean so the chemical smell is stripped? I find that boiling them first nearly eliminates the smell, or if I fill them immediately by the third refill the taste is nearly eliminated.

On the same vein, I bought into Bloog because their design seems to be less prone to charring and burning the internals in comparison to many other 808 carts. I think there might be a market for the "unburnable" cartomizer which may cost a bit more for a pack, but contains materials which will never burn down when the juice runs dry. Would you consider such a product?

Edit:
One additional finding that I forgot to mention. I've been carrying the ecigs in my front pants pockets, and find that I often loose the tip when pulling them out. Sometimes they end up in my pocket, other times they're lost to the void walking around. The only fix I've found is to stuff the tip completely into the cartomizer tube, which then exposes a metal lip. While I understand your attempt to make these easier to remove than traditional hard caps, I think that a slightly longer tip that contains a 1mm inner-most ring (inside the carto) at the same max O.D. as the current tip would do a lot to keep these little buggers in place.

PS: You guys are making excellent products! I plan on being a Bloog customer for the foreseeable future.

Thanks!

Thank you for the constructive feedback Epoch of Entropy! We will definitely look into resolving the issue.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Hey Leaford,

I've been vapping RY4 18mg a lot lately, more so than 555, and I'm just about out.

I was just about to order some more, but it's not on the site (assuming out of stock).

Any idea when it'll be back in 30ml bottle? I know there was chinese new year, so I'm kinda worried. :unsure:

Should be any day now, Pops!

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
i know what you mean about the tips coming off. it happens to my girlfriend on a daily basis. its frustrating for me too because im "in charge" of her vaping supplies. she just ends up pushing the tip all the way in. for me, i dont have that problem. probably because i keep them in my shirt pocket. maybe try that.

I keep caps, I have the regular white caps from other cartos, and I soak them in water with my drip tips and rinse, and re-use those. I use them on my bloog cartos, I usually just throw away the original bloog carto caps and put the white hard cap ones on them.

TheBaldEagle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
keyport
www.bloog.com
Hey Leaford,

I've been vapping RY4 18mg a lot lately, more so than 555, and I'm just about out.

I was just about to order some more, but it's not on the site (assuming out of stock).

Any idea when it'll be back in 30ml bottle? I know there was chinese new year, so I'm kinda worried. :unsure:

Hello Popeye79,

New Bloog Liquid Fusion came in today, including RY4, so we are good to go! Sorry about the delay.
Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread