Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Hell right now I'm vaping my black Opus that's reading 0 ohms, it's takes to dang long to drain these little beauties so I've just been dealing with it.

lol, I know your pain. I just recently reset mine for the third time. It's not really a big deal, just an inconvenience. I think a good addition for the next revision of Opus (or any other DNA20 mod with internal battery) would be a reset switch of some type, maybe a little normally closed momentary switch that when pressed will break the connection between the battery and the board (same concept as taking the battery out and re-inserting)

drewbalicious

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
San Antonio, Tx
lol, I know your pain. I just recently reset mine for the third time. It's not really a big deal, just an inconvenience. I think a good addition for the next revision of Opus (or any other DNA20 mod with internal battery) would be a reset switch of some type, maybe a little normally closed momentary switch that when pressed will break the connection between the battery and the board (same concept as taking the battery out and re-inserting)

That's an absolutely beautiful idea! Or more simply just a plug in type battery. So an individual could take off the back cover, unplug and reconnect the battery for a quick reset. I've often wondered why Brandon over at Evolv didn't factor a reset button into the board. Probably size factor, wanted to keep the board as small as possible.

drewbalicious

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
San Antonio, Tx
I was told to send it in for repairs, I've used the opus d for barely 2 days and its already crapped out on me. What infuriates me more than this is that I have to pay for the shipping to get it repaired. So far this company is a joke. *edit* The guy I have been working with has been very courteous and professional but as a whole I feel ripped off completely.

I really am sorry you're having such a bad time with it. Try not to let it sour your opinion of nHaler & Co. I'm kinda bummed too that the battery in my blue one is no longer holding a charge all day. I got it back in April so I got a solid 7 months out of it. Why couldn't it have happened 2 months ago while still under warranty. Drats!

akfo7

Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
TN
I really am sorry you're having such a bad time with it. Try not to let it sour your opinion of nHaler & Co. I'm kinda bummed too that the battery in my blue one is no longer holding a charge all day. I got it back in April so I got a solid 7 months out of it. Why couldn't it have happened 2 months ago while still under warranty. Drats!

Unfortunately, it does sour my opinion of the company and the creators of the Opus D. I know there are defects and problems with everything. My family runs and owns a car dealership, we've been in business since 1962. The only thing that has kept us in business is how we help customers when they have issues with their vehicles and our support. Sometimes vehicles have problems and break down but we fix the issues and compensate them for the inconvenience when it happens. I just bought one of the most expensive mods on the market brand new and it broke down on me the second day of use. Now, I'm expected to pay for shipping at wait who knows how long to get it back. I hate complaining but I paid more than enough to have a mod that should work flawless and be tested before they are sent out to the public for resale.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
Unfortunately, it does sour my opinion of the company and the creators of the Opus D. I know there are defects and problems with everything. My family runs and owns a car dealership, we've been in business since 1962. The only thing that has kept us in business is how we help customers when they have issues with their vehicles and our support. Sometimes vehicles have problems and break down but we fix the issues and compensate them for the inconvenience when it happens. I just bought one of the most expensive mods on the market brand new and it broke down on me the second day of use. Now, I'm expected to pay for shipping at wait who knows how long to get it back. I hate complaining but I paid more than enough to have a mod that should work flawless and be tested before they are sent out to the public for resale.

I understand your concerns perfectly. I was disappointed to find out the charger doesn't switch to green when it's fully charged. We shouldn't have to 'guess', certainly not at this price. I bought the OPUS strictly on the reputation of the Darwin, which worked very well. But I don't like all the middle-man stuff. There's just seems to be too much 'secrecy' about it all. Why doesn't Brandon get on here and take the heat for his own products?

I think there's only a 3 month warranty because maybe that's all they trust it might work well? Why not a year? I got two for gifts and at the first complaint they're going back, because I'm just too weary for more disappointments.

I like my OPUS but I do wonder if the same quality of work went into it's innards as in the Darwin. Only time will tell, but if I find that it's not holding a good charge after 6 months or so, I will be terribly disappointed. And I will do something about it.

The two people these gifts are going to are getting the OPUS because they don't like using rechargeable battery devices. Frankly, I find rechargebles much more convenient. It's a lot easier to carry a couple of extra batteries than having to make sure I plug in a device at the right time and hope it lasts all day. My preferred device is the Provari Mini for its dependability, form factor, and ease of use and if we have any trouble with these OPUS's, they'll go back and my friends will have to learn to deal with rechargeables. But I must say, for right now my favorite two devices are my OPUS and Provari.

Now about 'making the 'future' OPUS better....that's hogwash. If the ones we have are troubled, they should be fixed without charge. And we should have chargers that 'work'. Right at the moment, mine OPUS is working very well and I'm enjoying it a lot. I just hope that stays true.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side

How long are you going to belly-ache and complain? You should have read the web site return policy....

Return Policy
There are no returns or refunds accepted once payment has been completed. There is a 14 day warranty on all warrantied parts from the time of order being placed.There is no warranty or returns or exchanges of Cartomizers or atomizers. All warranty parts must be returned to NHaler ™ before a new replacement will be shipped. If you experience faults with your product after the 14 day warranty has expired, please contact NHaler ™ directly to assess the situation and discuss a reasonable solution. Ther are NO warranties on WHOLESALE orders beyond DOA and they must be claimed 5 days after recieveing order.

All parts covered under the 14 day period will be replaced once they have been shipped back to NHaler ™ at the purchasers expense. This 14 day warranty starts at the time the order is placed. The warranty is to basically cover items from be D.O.A. or from a very premature failure. All items deemed to be damaged from misuse will not be covered under the warranty, and may be returned to the customer at their own expense.

I know the Opus D has more than a 14 day warranty and you received free shipping in the USA when you got it........ nhaler and opus are good folks and the continual complaining from you put a sour taste in my mouth......

my short rant is over.... wish you the best.....I'm sure they will take care of you even though you have been so vocal.....

Last edited:

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
The return policy sounds reasonable. And I don't know Brandon but I think he's probably also a reasonable person to deal with. Unless the Opus is really having some serious problems I see no reason to ever want to return it. And...the middle man shouldn't be held responsible for any device problems. In fact, I received my package from Drew clear across the country 2 hours after I ordered it (okay okay that's a mild exaggeration). But I DID get a tracking number the same day I ordered it and thought geez how did he do that? Then I got my package 2 days later. Can't ask for better than that.

When I send in my Darwin for a new battery I'll probably also suggest that they try to get us a charger for the Opus that would let the red light simply go off or turn green when charging is finished. It's not as important to me as it is for working people that want to be able to know they've got enough power to get them thru the working day.

drewbalicious

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
San Antonio, Tx
With no intention of stoking this fire any further. akfo7 at your family run dealership, do you guys & gals offer a warranty against flat tires? Say someone buys a car from you, with Michelin tires and they get a flat tire within 2 weeks of purchasing the car from your lot, would you have them bring it back in and fix the flat for them for free and cover their gas money and time lost at work?

It's kinda the same deal here no?

And if y'all actually do that at your lot, I know where I'm buying a car from next time I'm in the market. :laugh:

No sarcasm intended at all here. I'm just trying to maybe voice an opinion of reason. :blush:

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
Generally I try to stay out of these discussions. I am posting this time to hopefully calm the storm before this further escalates as these types of discussions often do. akfo7, I respect your position and concerns. It appears you may be new to vaping (your join date), those of us who've been at this for a while know that such inconveniences are all part of vaping. There are certain realities:
1) there are really no mass-produced advanced products (Cheep China imitations and/or attempts to "copy" true advanced vaping tech excepted). The Cheep China devices do NOT have the same tech, do NOT perform anywhere near as well and they are essentially ripping off both the consumer and the true product designers. But economics being what they are, not all can afford or may be willing to spend for this level of gear. When I advise new vapers, I encourage them to use the cheaper gear for at least six months until they learn they way around vaping and what to realistically expect/understand may happen with lesser quantity production but stellar customer service. Try contacting a Chinese manufacturer for customer service and/or warranty issues.
2) Advanced vaping devices, pretty much all models, run into technical problems at some point (not every unit but every model has had its issues and costumer rants - especially in the first year or so of production.
3) What sets quality device manufacturers and vendors apart is the customer service. Evolv and Opus are both top notch - as you are learning for yourself.
4) Chargers, pretty much all of them, are mass produced in China and cheap - no point in discussing it or complaining: it is what it is and all the pissin and moanin aint gonna change China production quality. I rarely, if ever, use any charger that comes with my device(s). Many now just come with USB to Mini (or micro) USB and that's it (eliminates the issue altogether).

Personally, I use these: Dynex Dual USB Universal Wall Charger DX-UAC22 - Best Buy They work great (have 3 and not a prob with any of them), each has two USB ports so you can charge two devices on a single wall plug and there is a charge red/green light for each port so you KNOW when the device stops drawing power.

While I am no shill for Evolv, I am a BIG (both physically and product enthusiast) supporter! Just check my sig line below. I pretty much use ONLY Evolv gear as I find it to be the best quality, most consistent power regulation and just provides a quality of vape experience I have not been able to duplicate on other devices - and I've tried MANY!

In electronics, components come in huge quantities and many of the components (like the teeny tiny parts that get installed on circuit boards) often have some duds in the mix. No real way to tell if one may quickly fail - all a manufacturer can do is try to purchase quality components, assemble (and Evovl's product design and assembly may be of the highest quality in the industry and has been improving consistently since the company launched - yes, I have 5 Darwins - NONE in black - and some are still original), and then test - if it test functions correctly there is nothing else they can do other than provide customer support. Here again, both Evolv and Opus have well respected and well earned reputations of taking very good care of their customers (sometimes even too good - to the points where sometimes their generosity gets taken advantage of by unrealistic and/or less than ethical product consumers).

I'd encourage you to stick with your Opus for six months and see how you feel. All I can tell you is that every electronic advanced vaping device model on the market has suffered from issues to some extent. While each may have its own fan groups, none are beyond such occurrences/issues. We can post all we want about what we expect, demand and/or criticize but the industry is not yet producing at the mass produced consumer electronics level, these are smaller manufacturers that do not have the facilities and/or resources of Samsung, HTS, Sony, etc have. Even with cell phones, when the warranty runs out - you're on your own and even if you buy the extra protection, you usually have a deductible.

Ok, I'm traveling again in about 12 hours and won't be around to continue this discussion. Just hoping to be helpful to you and your situation. Getting upset about it really only effects you and your internal "space", many think posting rants in forums, on FB and other social media, etc. will make a difference - reality is: it only causes other thread followers to receive thread update emails from each and every post. Many of us like to follow threads but 5, 10, etc posts from one person complaining over and over (and getting so many emails from such posts) is actually frustrating for the rest of us. Those posting the continuous rants often quickly get reputations for doing this and helpful types just stop responding.

Those of us with longer vaping experience have seen this over and over and over and over and over - vapers can be a very demanding and self-perceving "entitled" bunch. Most more experienced vapers get tired of these discussions and then along comes another new enthusiastic vaper who reads a rant or two, thinking such on-going posts accomplish something and the process starts all over again. The best you can really do, for yourself and the others following, is post your concern, request feedback and/or suggestions and then take it up with customer service. The companies that provide good C.S. (like Evolv and Opus and Nhaler) have good reputations for a reason.

There are a few of us die-hard(erer) types who seem to enjoy the process of trying to help others (and often get slammed in the threads in the form of angry replies from the very people we try to help). After a few such occurrences, many just stop trying to help others and the entire community loses the benefits of feedback and/or assistance from yet another knowledgeable and experienced vaper willing to share what they have learned.

Whether or not you agree and/or like what I've posted herein, I took this time to post (and I am very short on time now as I leave so soon on travel) because I do like to help others - especially vapers. Maybe I was a masochist in a former life - certainly not this one (just still willing to occasionally stick my neck out in the hopes of trying to save a fellow vaper some self-inflicted angina and/or agita - and hope someone does not try to bite my head off for doing so). Either way, I won't be around to continue this discussion - hope you find this post helpful.

Happy Holidays and New Year to one and all - and I miss all the blue tarps and oil banter, katastrophy and her clan must be slippin.
So stick that in your atty and vape it!

Last edited:

akfo7

Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
TN
Fixed it with a new charger. Thanks for all the huge posts but I didn't read them because I'm out with family. I'm sure I'll get back to your comments eventually. Apparently a lot of people were .... hurt by what I've said. I didn't have a spare mini usb laying around because I have nothing that uses them anymore. I don't know why the opus doesn't use micro USB either. It's ....ty that I had to go out and buy a cable for a $242 mod because the creators wanted to cut corners and send out junk chargers. In my opinion it's a waste of their money. Yall have a nice night!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Happy Holidays and New Year to one and all - and I miss all the blue tarps and oil banter, katastrophy and her clan must be slippin.

Neb....... as usual you do have a way with words....good to see ya out-and-about..... I'm sure Kat will come by and say a few nice things soon....tarps and oil....don't forget the red drip tips....he-he....

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

So... where ya goin'? ;)

'Brat, another in a series of well-composed and brilliant posts. I do hope those who are here in this thread DO read yours. Once again, you are sensible and realistic, with fantastic information for those who choose to see it.

But dahlink....... FIVE D'wins? My Bday is in January, just in case you were wondering... ;) (And do NOT gift me that dragon fruit stuff you vape!)

:wub: ya.

I'm storing the b tarps for the winter, Ski's got the oil in a 55 gallon drum, garaged, and if you ask him the story, he might just tell you of the time the two of us MAY have slipped...

Neb....... as usual you do have a way with words....good to see ya out-and-about..... I'm sure Kat will come by and say a few nice things soon....tarps and oil....don't forget the red drip tips....he-he....

No one, retird, NO ONE, has forgotten the red drip tips! ROFL!!!!!!!!! (Nor have we forgotten your naked carto escapes, deary.)

I adore you both....... but right now I'm little hatin' on the 'Brat for FIVE!

And Drew......... dear Drew...... thanks for always letting me stop by your Opus 'house' for a quick but delightful visit!

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Fixed it with a new charger. Thanks for all the huge posts but I didn't read them because I'm out with family. I'm sure I'll get back to your comments eventually. Apparently a lot of people were .... hurt by what I've said. I didn't have a spare mini usb laying around because I have nothing that uses them anymore. I don't know why the opus doesn't use micro USB either. It's ....ty that I had to go out and buy a cable for a $242 mod because the creators wanted to cut corners and send out junk chargers. In my opinion it's a waste of their money. Yall have a nice night!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry you had an issue. We do load test fire and vape EVERY Opus D twice before it reaches the consumer. Unfortunately we dont test every charger. We have sold well over 3000 of those chargers (exact same charger as The Darwin) and had only a few that were bad.
The reason there is no indicator light is because the internal charger controls the charging circuit and the actual board has a battery indicator to let you know the charge.
The charger was selected at the time of design to slow charge the batteries to increase the overall lifespan of the batteries, by not "speed" charging the batteries.
We now have batteries that are capable of being charged faster without sacrificing battery life.
However that would not have fixed the problem of an occasional bad charger. So as we appreciate the feedback and we may look for an upgraded charger, there is no need to be rude.
Again I'm sorry you had an issue. Happy Holidays!

Last edited:

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
The return policy sounds reasonable. And I don't know Brandon but I think he's probably also a reasonable person to deal with. Unless the Opus is really having some serious problems I see no reason to ever want to return it. And...the middle man shouldn't be held responsible for any device problems. In fact, I received my package from Drew clear across the country 2 hours after I ordered it (okay okay that's a mild exaggeration). But I DID get a tracking number the same day I ordered it and thought geez how did he do that? Then I got my package 2 days later. Can't ask for better than that.

When I send in my Darwin for a new battery I'll probably also suggest that they try to get us a charger for the Opus that would let the red light simply go off or turn green when charging is finished. It's not as important to me as it is for working people that want to be able to know they've got enough power to get them thru the working day.

Brandon has no stake in Opus (other than he is part of Evolv, the maker of the DNA 20) and the battery indicator is on the board. The little battery indicator will give you a live battery reading at all times, if you push the button while its on the charger.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Drew, it's good to know that the thought of preserving overall battery life was put into the decision of which charger to use for the Opus. What I need to know is...because of that decision, might the charger that Nebula gave us the link to above shorten the battery life of the Opus or Darwin because it's a fast charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread