The Rattlesnake Effect- Why the Cheapo VV [Exception Itaste MVP] Don't Vape the Same as a Provari or DNA20D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald3638

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Zeeland, MI, USA
I've heard the SVD is a solid unit. You should be a happy camper.

I'm not downing Vamo but one problem with the Vamo is that there is more then one manufacturer. I've heard as many as 3-5. So there is a possibility that the Reputed Hit and Miss quality of the Vamos is because the manufacturers are generic. They all call it a Vamo.

The SVD is manufactured by Inokin. You have 1 manufacturer taking responsibility for the quality.

I picked up the SVD and you are right, the SVD is a nice solid unit and it seems to give a smoother vape than the SID.
I like the fire button placement better than Vamo when running 18350 batteries.
My Stainless Steel Vamo is dedicated to my RSST because they look so good together.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Who sells the fake AW batteries and how do they get away with it?

The problem is that a reputable dealer may buy from their distributor and think that they are receiving and selling authentic AW. I don't know who, and I wouldn't want to besmirch anyones reputation, but I do know that according to the flashlight forums LightHound is a reliable vendor of AW.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I have been using ego c twist & I have been vaping for 6 months yet not liking flavors. I have been trying to figure out what APV to buy.:toast:

My suggestion: Get yourself an iTasteVV V3.0.

It's inexpensive ($24.80 with FREE shipping), has VV and VW, has an ohm checker, is lightweight and is one of the "good guys" in this thread.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10004594/1363600

P.S. Put an Aspire ET-S Bottom Dual Coil (BDC) Glassomizer on it and you'll give up your "hand rolled cigs" for good.

http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/part...aspire-et-s-bottom-dual-coil-bdc-glassomizer/

Last edited:

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
My suggestion: Get yourself an iTasteVV V3.0.

It's inexpensive ($24.80 with FREE shipping), has VV and VW, has an ohm checker, is lightweight and is one of the "good guys" in this thread.

$24.80 iTaste VV V3.0 Variable Voltage / Wattage 800mAh Rechargeable Battery - w/ charging cable at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

P.S. Put an Aspire ET-S Bottom Dual Coil (BDC) Glassomizer on it and you'll give up your "hand rolled cigs" for good.

Aspire ET-S Bottom Dual Coil (BDC) Clearomizer

If you don't want to wait 2 months get yourself a MVP 2 @ Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 - 101 Vape

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
If you don't want to wait 2 months get yourself a MVP 2 @ Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 - 101 Vape

Now Speedracer12 let's not exaggerate, the majority of orders from Fasttech are coming in around 3-4 Weeks or sooner.

You are dead on about the fantastic price for a MVP at 101 Vape. It just seems too good to be true, unless it's a loss leader. I have no experience with them though.

Last edited:

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Now Speedracer12 let's not exaggerate, the majority of orders from Fasttech are coming in around 3-4 Weeks.

You are dead on about the fantastic price for a MVP at 101 Vape. It just seems too good to be true, unless it's a loss leader. I have no experience with them though.

Well so far I have purchased 4 MVP's from them. Two as gifts along with a ProTank 2 and Mini ProTank 2's. I can say they sold out several times and still charge the same price. I would also say several hundred forum members have bought them from Vape 101.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes

niczgreat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    Here's one for $30-
    Innokin iTaste VV v3 Variable Voltage / Wattage 800mAh Passthrough Battery - iTaste V3 Battery

The picture is of the last version. Hope that's not what they're trying to pull off. The Description is correct tho.

Do these fire "smooth" like the MVP??
    Good Job r77r7r in finding a super low price in U.S
    Yes it's smooth firing
    at 23 minutes and 23 seconds he says" he hooked it to a scope and it was flat at the lowest and highest Levels". If you like the MVP Vape , [No Rattle Snake] this is a winner.!

Last edited:

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2013
    The Clemson Tigers State
    Yes it's smooth firing
    at 23 minutes and 23 seconds he says" he hooked it to a scope and it was flat at the lowest and highest Levels". If you like the MVP Vape , [No Rattle Snake] this is a winner.!

I wish they'd put some V3's up for about $30.

That would be nice. I have two of the V-3's and I really like the feel, buttons, pass through, and a steady vape each time.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    I just want to mention that I'm so very happy with the way this thread has been going, everyone has been so civil and a wealth of information is coming out. I just saw a thread axed by the moderators because individuals weren't being polite.

I never thought about the Itaste VV 3 but based on what I saw in the Review, I'd recommend it to those who want a slight step up from an EGO but like the EGO form factor. And are looking for the stable vape of the MVP or Provari.

One thing I like about Itaste Products is that they are a manufacturer with a web home page and are putting thought into their products. I've seen them make improvements inside of revisions. For example when the first Itaste MVP came out it didn't have true Ego Threading. Later they added the threading but didn't change the revision. They seem to be in it for the long term.

I visited the booth at VapetoberFest in Long Beach and they were nice and listened to my suggestions. It also shows commitment that they are attending vaping conventions.

By the way the link below is my favorite link to find out about vaping conventions.
    http://www.lavapersclub.com/Conventions.html

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    Wow.

33 hZ is very low.

Way I like to look at it is some people like Jack Daniels and some Like Chivas Regal.
    Some drink Popov and some Stolichnivaya. Some say all Vodka tastes pretty much the same too!!

It's a matter of taste and taste is subjective.

Let's liken it to smokes
    Ever had a Gauloise, the french love em, myself they are way too strong.
    Are the French wrong, nope it's just different taste.

I say if you like the 33hz chip and the rattlesnake effect all the power to you. That's your preference and I respect it. I do feel that Vapers should be informed of the difference and have the opportunity to make a informed choice.

My preference is to stable DC Current.

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    I never thought about the Itaste VV 3 but based on what I saw in the Review, I'd recommend it to those who want a slight step up from an EGO but like the EGO form factor. And are looking for the stable vape of the MVP or Provari.

The iTaste VV V3.0 and iTaste MVP V2.0 are very similar.

They both are "smooth firing", VV, VW and have an Ohms Meter.

The iTaste VV is less expensive, has an 800 mAh battery and is a lightweight "stick" battery.

The iTaste MVP is more expensive, has a 2600 mAh battery and is a heavy(er) box battery.

Purportedly they offer the same vaping experience.

Portertown

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 20, 2013
    Greenville, NC, USA
    I purchased the Itaste VTR last week and I can say I LOVE it more than anything I have used. I started with the Ego, then the VV ego, then the Evic, then a mech mod, then to the VTR. The VTR for sure works differently than the Evic. I placed a Protank2 in both units with the same juice and coil. The VTR seems much "hotter" at 6 watts vs the Evic at 8 watts. It is just totally different in the quality of the vape.

VaporWorld has the VTR for $79.99 at the present time and that includes the entire VTR kit, a free battery, a free 30ml bottle of the juice of your choice and free shipping.
    If you figure the battery at $10, the juice at $15 and the free shipping at $6.50, you are paying less than $50 for it all. Also the VTR kit comes with a tank.
    Not a bad deal for the newest item from Itaste.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    I just want to mention that I'm so very happy with the way this thread has been going, everyone has been so civil and a wealth of information is coming out. I just saw a thread axed by the moderators because individuals weren't being polite.

One thing I like about Itaste Products is that they are a manufacturer with a web home page and are putting thought into their products. I've seen them make improvements inside of revisions. For example when the first Itaste MVP came out it didn't have true Ego Threading. Later they added the threading but didn't change the revision. They seem to be in it for the long term.

I visited the booth at VapetoberFest in Long Beach and they were nice and listened to my suggestions. It also shows commitment that they are attending vaping conventions.

By the way the link below is my favorite link to find out about vaping conventions.
    Conventions

Hiya Tom and everyone :)

I've been vaping for quite awhile now and have used MANY devices.

I did have a Vamo for a short while. It was too tall and the face creeped me out, but not a bad device for vaping. I also owned an MVP and while I really enjoyed the extreme battery life, I didn't care for the weight as an out and about mod.

I opted for the iTaste VV/VW and have used them since last June. My choice was based on wanting a step up from a Twist, but the same portability and similar form factor. I am PLEASED with this choice. They are definitely a step up, and actually to me, more than a slight step up. While I enjoy my Twists, there is a better and more consistent vape with the iTaste... not to mention the perks of VW and USB and Innokin technology. And let's face it... square is just fun!

I've just placed an order for a few more of them. For me, it was money more than well spent, as my out and about devices are normally Ego sized ones, with an occasional box mod thrown in for good measure.

I have no idea if what I've said has to do with rattlesnakes, but just thought I'd toss in a couple of opinions. :)

yzer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    43081499.jpg

(with thanks to r777r77r post #14)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread