The REACTOR Atomizer Tank!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorbear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I really enjoy this tank, both the flavor and vapor is nice. No issues with dry hits either.
Mine does leak a little though - the first 1/3 of the tank I don't see anything, but when it gets lower it starts seeping slightly from the bottom.
It has done this since it was new, is it just a faulty o-ring?

edit: I do indeed fill it per the instructions in the video, flipping it upside-down before pushing the top cap in place.

nepatitan

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
North Eastern Pennsylvania
Make sure you position the air hole above the liquid and blow through the drip tip after popping the top on. I missed that part a few times and got dripping until I started doing that.
I really enjoy this tank, both the flavor and vapor is nice. No issues with dry hits either.
Mine does leak a little though - the first 1/3 of the tank I don't see anything, but when it gets lower it starts seeping slightly from the bottom.
It has done this since it was new, is it just a faulty o-ring?

edit: I do indeed fill it per the instructions in the video, flipping it upside-down before pushing the top cap in place.

Nathanial

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2011
Michigan
Hi Drew,
Just wanted to report back here.

(Wall of text warning, my apologies in advance)

I've had issues with leaking. I watched the video you have on YouTube over and over. Clean everything out, and followed the video to the T. I probably have every word you say memorized.

I've tried to get the sucker to work with me. I can say when it's not leaking, it's amazing - the hits are very nice. But the leaking... It leaks out of the very bottom of the atomizer, almost like it gets flooded. It's pretty consistent leaking too; I've lost a lot of juice in the past week.

I've tried different PG/VG amounts (as much as 50/50, and 70/30), and no go. The O-Rings seem to be fine, and I use a Slap-Yo-Mama adapter when putting the atty in the tank. I've also used the ends that come with the atomizers.

Within about 5 minutes, I can guarantee once I screw the atty off my device, there's a nice puddle starting to build up, and a nice pool at the very bottom of the atty connector.

Any suggestions, please? At this point I'm starting to get frustrated :(

Edit: Just want to add out of the 3 atties I have, one of the 2.5 Ohm seem to not cause as much leaking, which leads me to believe that its possibly an atty issue? I placed a second order this past week for a single atty, the 1.5, and that seems to leak the most. It also looks like the hole is a little malformed. It's larger than the holes on the other atties, and kinda goes "up" and isn't really a "perfect" circle (in comparison to the one that leaks very little, if at all), so that has to be part of the reason that one leaks so bad.

Could it all be the fact that I have a couple dud atties?

I would love to one day do a video review, but would prefer to hopefully remedy the problems I'm having before I do so; that way I can give the system the justice (that it definitely seems like) it deserves. :)

Also, just want to thank you guys again for the rockin' customer service you guys gave me last week.

Last edited:

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
I know I have basically quit trying to use mine over the leaking issue. It drove me crazy. My Cartomator still to this day hasnt leaked a drop but a few orings later this Reactor still leaks and plenty of people have had that issue with it. I want to fix it so I can turn it into a lava gen of sorts. I guess a reactor gen :)

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
The whole leaking thing does seem to vary a lot from atty to atty. I wish there were something I could suggest for you, but I haven't been able to do any repeatable trouble-shooting methods (at least none that I can describe adequately). The biggest thing for me is how light/hard I'm drawing on it when I take a hit, if I go too light it gets dry after a couple hits or if I go too hard it leaks a little. Finding that sweet spot has been a trial with one of my attys, but I can maintain the balance pretty well now. The first atty I used (which is still running strong BTW) worked great no matter what I did, but I've had to get a feel for each different atty I use. I have two tanks and 4 different attys, one of which hasn't yet been used, and overall my experience with them has been pretty good, but they do require some close attention to how well they're feeding to avoid wasting a lot of juice

I don't know if any of that will help you, sorry I couldn't offer anything more :(

Nathanial

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2011
Michigan
Thanks for your input, guys. Unfortunately, even the atomizer I mentioned before started leaking. And now it's consistently leaking. I've gone through a 30ml bottle of juice in under a week with this thing, when it should normally last me about two. I'm done messing with it. I popped a cartomizer into it, and haven't had a single leaking problem.

But I would have gotten a specific carto tank I wanted, for less than what I paid for this. Here's to hoping Nhaler can possibly offer me a return/refund for it. It's not for me, but I'm happy for those that might have gotten it to work :)

Last edited:

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
This thing is great. When it works, which is ~10% of the time. The other 90% (NO EXAGGERATION!!!!) it leaks like a ....ing sieve out of the bottom of the connector. I can let it sit on the table for 5 minutes and there's a puddle the size of 3 or 4 quarters. If I leave it on my Provari or Provari mini, the PV is completely covered in juice in even less time. I've lost nearly 30ml of HHV juice due to this POS. Absolutely UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!

Drew, I'm sure you're aware of the massive leaking issues with some of these. It's bad business to continue selling them while knowing that. This needs to be remedied or I want my money back, including the 5 extra proprietary atties I bought.

Absolute overpriced garbage made to look great.

How are people fixing their leaking issues? I've tried all 5 atties and every o ring that came with the Reactor.

Last edited:

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Mine's working great - but here's maybe some things that might be wrong, and maybe some questions that can lead to the solution.

Did you follow the instructions to flip the tank upside down before fully seating the top cap?
Might be some sort of O-Ring problem.
Maybe the atomizer was "dotted" too large so too much juice is getting in.
What type of eliquid are you using? Is it heavy on PG or VG?
What voltage are you vaping it at? Since it's a dual coil, maybe juice is coming in too fast to get vaporized, if the voltage isn't set high enough. I have a similar problem with cartos sometimes if I vape them too low - when I "pull" on the carto, it feeds in liquid through the holes in the carto, and if the voltage is set too low, it doesn't vaporize the eliquid fast enough.

What is this "flip the tank upside down before fully seating the top cap" you speak of? My Reactor came w/ no instructions and all the vids Drew put up, he took down. :rolleyes:

I'm ....ing ...... I spent $60+ on a POS.

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
Basically put the top cap to the edge of the tank but dont fully seat it, just snug up against it. Then turn upside down so that there is no liquid in the area of the feed hole in the atomiser. Then push in the top cap. The idea is there is positive air pressure created when you push in the top cap that forces liquid into the atty and out the bottom.

Personally that doesnt work for my particular Reactor. It comes flooding out between the atty and the base hole because the o'ring fails. Ive tried a few o rings with the same results. Total leakage.

Ive solved my problem by buying the lavengen insert which miraculously solved the bottom end leaking. Im certainly not suggesting you try this, for all I know you hate gennie but perhaps that bit of info may help you or someone else that may be reading this thread. Im now happy with my reactorgen but Ive been really unhappy with my reactor.

Last edited:

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
What is this "flip the tank upside down before fully seating the top cap" you speak of? My Reactor came w/ no instructions and all the vids Drew put up, he took down. :rolleyes:

Here's one of the videos, it's the only one I see still up on his channel and shows the filling method in question. The flipping upside down step is around 1:35 or so
The Reactor Tank from NHaler - YouTube

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Basically put the top cap to the edge of the tank but dont fully seat it, just snug up against it. Then turn upside down so that there is no liquid in the area of the feed hole in the atomiser. Then push in the top cap. The idea is there is positive air pressure created when you push in the top cap that forces liquid into the atty and out the bottom.

Personally that doesnt work for my particular Reactor. It comes flooding out between the atty and the base hole because the o'ring fails. Ive tried a few o rings with the same results. Total leakage.

Ive solved my problem by buying the lavengen insert which miraculously solved the bottom end leaking. Im certainly not suggesting you try this, for all I know you hate gennie but perhaps that bit of info may help you or someone else that may be reading this thread. Im now happy with my reactorgen but Ive been really unhappy with my reactor.

Thanks. What's a lavengen insert?

Here's one of the videos, it's the only one I see still up on his channel and shows the filling method in question. The flipping upside down step is around 1:35 or so
The Reactor Tank from NHaler - YouTube

Thanks, I'm about to watch it.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Sorry your upset Shatner, but your getting a little abusive here...If you are having an issue please send an email to DGliem00@gmail.com and we will give you instructions for return. Thanks ,
Drew

Sorry about that, Drew. I tend to have a way with words. :/

I'm going to give it another day. I followed all the upside down filling, blowing it out after filling and all the other rain dances last night. I woke up with not a drop that leaked out. The jury is still out, though.

Again, I apologize for the harsh words.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
No Sweat....Ive had many days,moments, of aggravation with this and many other devices!!! If you are still having an issue let me know through the above email. I have an issue that keeps arising with certain mods and I think I have a fix for it but don't want to jump the gun on announcing it... I have 2 Opus that I use these on and one would sometimes leak and its not the Tank because when I put the other Tank on it does the same thing as the other one. I also have a Buddy that has similar issues with 2 Devices that he favors.Its VERY puzzling and the only thing I can figure is that it has something to do with Airflow? SO I have been using an Airflow Ring and it seems to have resolved the issue....It hasn't leaked out at all after several fills, but I want to be sure before I make any recommendations or changes. Thanks,
Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread