The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mystic juice line doesn't seem to have made it to U.S. shelves as of yet. ...perhaps an opportunity for someone.
There are a Mystic juice in the USA. This one but it's look to me really low quality products: US Mystic Juice
What I'm speaking before is this one : UK Mystic Juice - Yummies (it's obviously not the same)
UK made premium product since about 2010 I think....most of the time their products what am I using

Last edited:

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
That "The Big RY4 List" sounds really good! too bad it did not happen :/

I'm not sure what you mean by "too bad it did not happen." The Big RY4 List has been an ongoing feature of this thread since its beginning and has grown very large. It has six sections that I update and re-post on the thread every 2-3 months.

1. RY4 Reviews - Classic and Custom Retail RY4s, with links to the vendor'’s product page and post number links to the initial reviews and occasionally to follow-up reviews, mostly by Bill, but also by other thread posters (who are named)
2. RY4s not yet acquired for review
3. RY4s that are no longer available for one reason or another
4. Bill’s Reviews of Other Juices (non-RY4s)
5. Vaping Commentaries
6. Bill's Personal Favorites - Top American, Chinese, and NET-based RY4s

The most recent update was March 11th, 2015 on page 283 of this thread---posts [HASHTAG]#5659[/HASHTAG], 5660, 5661, and 5662.

There're lots of reviewers just like you who not paid for the reviews, but the manufacturers or vendors send them free samples and only thing they are asking just honest reviews.

Most people who are sent free samples for review do videos on YouTube. I don't make video reviews, so I don't have that kind of public presence; I do written reviews only and post them on ECF. All my RY4 reviews are on this thread, but many of my 4,000 posts are reviews of various products and or commentary about numerous vaping subjects on other threads.

Over the years, I've been sent about 15 RY4s free for review from vendors and about the same number from readers of this thread.

Reactions: Dreamone

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Bill did a very great service and a LOT of personal research and dedication to this thread when it was relevant at the time and still is. Many of us were interested and followed faithfully. As time has passed, many of us original (well, I was not original but picked up and followed faithfully early on) followers, including Bill, evolved to other flavor interests. RY4s have evolved also, and from my personal perspective, far from the original formula. So if you want the history, here it is. If you want current, post a review. I have my faves from the originals, I don't experiment with RY4s anymore either because I cut my teeth here.

Don't mean to sound harsh or elitist, don't take me wrong please. I am jist another happy vaper. But please don't bash Bill for not keeping the list current. He does a most excellent job of updating what he has compiled and what others donate. And he still updates the list regularly as his own choice.

Thank you Bill.

Off my soapbox now. I have a great smiley, but on my phone can't do... Probably better that way.

Reactions: Bookworm

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I'm pretty out of the loop when it comes to non-NET vendors these days. I saw someone mention ITCVapes as a quality vendor at an affordable price and checked it out. I'm intrigued; I like the website and FAQ and the flavors look promising. They are at the discount price point I've avoided in the past but could use a cheap juice source if they're good. The tobacco section was pretty lacking but I did see an RY4, of which I have none. It mentioned nutty, a flavor note I normally avoid but am looking into more now that I found a juice with a nuttiness I enjoy, so had to check out the Big report on it.

Bill gave it high marks in the review from 2013. No idea if the Silver RY4 is the same recipe from Bill's review with a name change. The description sounds similar to Bill's notes. He even mentioned an idiosyncratic tobacco flavor, which would make sense with what the site describes as a Turkish tobacco for the Silver RY4 (synthetic Turkish is often an odd duck).

So anybody have updated info on ITCVapes' RY4, if it's the same as it's always been and if you find it recommendable or know of its recommendability (my spell check says that's not a word.. it's probably right). Also would be happy to hear of any recommended juices from them if anyone here is a fan. I'd be surprised to find a juice company that cheap with great juices (except RY4 which price doesn't mean as much as with gourmet flavors).

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I'm pretty out of the loop when it comes to non-NET vendors these days. I saw someone mention ITCVapes as a quality vendor at an affordable price and checked it out. I'm intrigued; I like the website and FAQ and the flavors look promising. They are at the discount price point I've avoided in the past but could use a cheap juice source if they're good. The tobacco section was pretty lacking but I did see an RY4, of which I have none. It mentioned nutty, a flavor note I normally avoid but am looking into more now that I found a juice with a nuttiness I enjoy, so had to check out the Big report on it.

Bill gave it high marks in the review from 2013. No idea if the Silver RY4 is the same recipe from Bill's review with a name change. The description sounds similar to Bill's notes. He even mentioned an idiosyncratic tobacco flavor, which would make sense with what the site describes as a Turkish tobacco for the Silver RY4 (synthetic Turkish is often an odd duck).

So anybody have updated info on ITCVapes' RY4, if it's the same as it's always been and if you find it recommendable or know of its recommendability (my spell check says that's not a word.. it's probably right). Also would be happy to hear of any recommended juices from them if anyone here is a fan. I'd be surprised to find a juice company that cheap with great juices (except RY4 which price doesn't mean as much as with gourmet flavors).

Jerms,

Awhile back, someone sent me a sample of ITCVapes' Silver RY4. I don't know if the recipe changed, but that sample didn't taste like the RY4 from ITC that I reviewed near the end of 2013. The Silver wasn't as good. I think you're right about the synthetic Turkish flavoring. My preference for RY4s leans strongly toward Burley---either NET or synthetic.

If you like dessert vapes, ITC has some great juices. Both of their Spoon Licker versions are terrific---OG and V2. Spoon Licker OG is a custardy cake batter with subtle strawberry notes, while V2 is a pastry cake with much stronger strawberry. Lots of vendors have similar juices---strawberry milk, strawberry cupcake, strawberry cheesecake, but ITC's are wonderful (and very inexpensive---I just received a big order (360ml) placed during ITC's recent 20% off sale, and my cost was only 16¢/ml with free shipping. I DIY mostly, which is admittedly cheaper---7-10¢/ml---but certain retail juices are great to have in my stash.

I'll give a shout-out for one of my favorite (and least expensive) RY4s---Pirate RY4 from Fasttech. It's a no-name Classic Chinese RY4 with a slightly idiosyncratic flavor profile, but it's delicious and dirt-cheap ($3.84 for 50mls, shipped free). Since I'm down to 3mg nic these days, I buy it in zero nic and add my own liquid nicotine, but it's available in 0, 10, or 18mg:

Pirate RY4, 50ml/0mg nic from fasttech
Pirate RY4, 50ml/10mg nic from fasttech
Pirate RY4, 50ml/18mg nic from fasttech

If you can handle the three-week shipping time, Pirate RY4 is definitely worth a try.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Thanks Bill, that's really helpful! Yeah I've been craving desserts/creams/custards lately, so I'll make an order. The person who I first heard praising ITC mentioned Spoon Licker V2. When going through the reviews for Silver RY4 on their site someone mentioned preferring Gold RY4, so they have had at least a couple versions of RY4 going at a time.

Have you tried Dirty Dutchman? It looks to be similar to their RY4 but with a chocolaty cigar flavoring for the tobacco. "Dirty Dutchman is a creamy caramel with a hint of vanilla accompanied by a chocolatey cigar blend. A twist on RY4, this juice is plenty sweet and can be enjoyed by tobacco lovers and possibly even tobacco haters alike."

I've been considering Pirate, I'll order since you recommend it. I'd get a bottle of 10mg and 0mg to combine them. It's only been about a week and a half since I've switched from 12mg to 6mg and I'm kind of shocked at how quickly I adjusted. I have several new flavors so been hitting it hard lately, and even 6mg is getting me a little nic sick! Less throat hit is becoming more desirable to me.. interesting how things change.

Reactions: Cool_Breeze

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
GwaRy4 from Mount Baker Vapor.

Mount Baker has a premium line of ejuice, the Gwar line. It is made with higher quality flavorings, whatever that means. So a 30ml glass bottle (the only way to buy it) of GwaRy4 was $10.99 before the 10% discount (ecf or vaporfrombaker). It is pre-made, so it takes less steep time. Also GwaRy4 comes only in 50/50 VG/PG.

GwaRy4 is a custom, caramel heavy, dessert ry4. It leaves a caramel taste in your mouth for minutes after hitting it. Very good flavor for a Mount Baker ejuice. Not heavy on the tobacco, though. Definitely good, if not great. But it is definitely a dessert ry4.

This tastes like one that the premium shops should carry. Very rich caramel, background in vanilla, and a touch of the tobacco taste. I feel Bill would give this a B+ or maybe even an A-. At 18mg, this has a mild throat hit. Not a bad price. Recommended to those looking for a caramel dessert blend.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
GwaRy4 from Mount Baker Vapor.

Mount Baker has a premium line of ejuice, the Gwar line. It is made with higher quality flavorings, whatever that means. So a 30ml glass bottle (the only way to buy it) of GwaRy4 was $10.99 before the 10% discount (ecf or vaporfrombaker). It is pre-made, so it takes less steep time. Also GwaRy4 comes only in 50/50 VG/PG.

GwaRy4 is a custom, caramel heavy, dessert ry4. It leaves a caramel taste in your mouth for minutes after hitting it. Very good flavor for a Mount Baker ejuice. Not heavy on the tobacco, though. Definitely good, if not great. But it is definitely a dessert ry4.

This tastes like one that the premium shops should carry. Very rich caramel, background in vanilla, and a touch of the tobacco taste. I feel Bill would give this a B+ or maybe even an A-. At 18mg, this has a mild throat hit. Not a bad price. Recommended to those looking for a caramel dessert blend.

dude,

Lovely. I've updated The Big List for the next posting, which I'll do this month:

Added MtBakerVapor GwaRy4 to The Big List with a link to the MtBakerVapor product page; also linked to your review, giving you credit.
Added MtBakerVapor GwaRy4 to Category Groups under the designations Caramel Rich and Dessert/Sweet.
Moved MtBaker RY4 from The Big List to the Discontinued/No Longer Available list.
Added MtBakerVapor Ruyan 4 to the Not Yet Acquired for Review list.

Whew.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I am on my second 120 bottle of Mr Vapes RY4 (recommended by Clnire) and I LOVE it. I never really thought I would like RY4's but after devouring several bottles of Neckbeard and loving it Clnire recommended Mr Vape. So what do you pro's think is another one kind of like that. I do not like a real tobacco'y taste. More a a dessert'y taste.
thanks

Reactions: MacTechVpr

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I am on my second 120 bottle of Mr Vapes RY4 (recommended by Clnire) and I LOVE it. I never really thought I would like RY4's but after devouring several bottles of Neckbeard and loving it Clnire recommended Mr Vape. So what do you pro's think is another one kind of like that. I do not like a real tobacco'y taste. More a a dessert'y taste.
thanks
Butterfly's RY4 is very close to Mr Vapes. Look for a 40-50% discount. They come around about every month.
You also might like Volt RY4 from Smokelessimage. Always a good price, and often discounted.

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
thanks

Maybe you should try Mister E Liquid RY4. I liked it but didn't have enough tobacco taste for me to order again. Sampling some Butterfly's RY4 right now and would agree it's a lot like Mr Vape RY4.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I think it's time for me to report that I seem to have become a direct-lung inhaling cloud chaser. This comes as a great surprise to me. I remember back about two years ago (I'm guessing), when I first saw vaping videos on YouTube with guys chucking huge clouds of vapor. This was the beginning of the sub-ohm movement, which---back then---was composed of a small set of "extreme vapers," mostly young. Back then, the cloud chasing set was using rebuildable droppers on mech mods---0.2-0.4 ohm coil builds powered by an unregulated 18650 mechanical. A 0.2 ohm coil with a fresh 18650 battery (4.2 volts) equals 88 watts. Even with some voltage drop, it's still 75 watts. I recall thinking how dangerous that must be, and that these cloud chasing fanatics must be young, foolhardy, and basically nuts.

At the time, I was a mouth-to-lung "tootie puffer" exclusively. The highest power I'd ever vaped at was about 11 watts, I didn't sub-ohm, and my liquids were 18mg nic strength. The few times I tried a direct-lung inhale, my lungs instantly rebelled with a major coughing spasm. But that was 2013. In 2014, everything changed. I found that I no longer needed so much throat hit, so my nic went from 18mg to 15 to 12mg. Then, in the late summer of 2014, the first wave hit the market of what would soon become a tsunami of higher-wattage box mods. This was followed in quick succession by the appearance of the Aspire Atlantis sub-ohm tank, followed by the Kanger Subtank, which unleashed the ongoing torrent of tanks using sub-ohm factory heads---including the Arctic, Starre, and Zephyrus (to name just a few). Some of these tanks use coils as low as 0.25 ohms and are designed for vaping at up to 100 watts.

Early in 2014, I began to experiment with lower resistance coils. My stable of bottom-feeder mods was outfitted with clone RDAs that I'd modified to bottom-feed, and I'd been building and rebuilding coils for more than a year at that point. I moved under 1.0 ohm for the first time. I still wasn't chucking clouds intentionally, but I quickly found that I needed to lower my nic even further. 12mg gave way to 6mg, then 3mg, which is where I am today. I had to re-do my entire juice stash.

Once down to 3mg nic by early 2015, I discovered that I could direct-lung inhale without protest from my lungs. Some of my RTAs---such as my Orchids---required direct-lung to get a satisfying vape. As I shifted over to higher-wattage box mods and acquired more sub-ohm tanks (Starre, VCT, etc.) and RTAs (SilverPlay, Cthulhu, et al), I found myself becoming accustomed to direct-lung vaping and massive cloud production.

Oh, I still vape MTL at times, since I have tons of older hardware, and some of my favorite flavor atomizers---such as my Magma RDAs and Taifun V2 RTAs---are designed for mouth-to-lung. More and more, though, I'm getting accustomed to direct-lung vaping and massive clouds. Go figure.

RY4s are often quite different with low-nic, higher wattage, direct-lung vaping. If I had the gumption (which I don't), I'd restock all my top RY4s in 3mg nic and write new reviews. Someone else will have to do that, however.

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
thanks

Butterfly's RY4 is very close to Mr Vapes. Look for a 40-50% discount. They come around about every month.
You also might like Volt RY4 from Smokelessimage. Always a good price, and often discounted.

The dude is right, these are the two closest juices. Both are great and cheap (never pay full price for butterfly's, big sales are very often). All of these are in my top 5. You may wanna try Halo Tribeca which is another of my top juices. If you go back a couple of pages you can find one of Bill's roundup posts and see a list of specifically dessert type RY4 juices. May be a good place to start to look for a new favorite.

Reactions: Metal Storm

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
thanks

The dude is right, these are the two closest juices. Both are great and cheap (never pay full price for butterfly's, big sales are very often). All of these are in my top 5. You may wanna try Halo Tribeca which is another of my top juices. If you go back a couple of pages you can find one of Bill's roundup posts and see a list of specifically dessert type RY4 juices. May be a good place to start to look for a new favorite.

I agree on Butterfly's. Channel, would I steer you wrong??? :w00t: :confused:They do have sales regularly, 40-50% off, so do not pay full price! Another note, they can be slow to ship, but they do ship. Let it steep a little and I don't think you will be disappointed. I always have Mr Vape, Butterfly's and Bill's BKRY4 (which you know how to make) on hand.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Thanks Bookworm-I did the Halo thing back in 2013 and felt like I inhaled medicine-not for me!

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Thanks Bookworm-I did the Halo thing back in 2013 and felt like I inhaled medicine-not for me!
I was the same way! However, they must have changed the base because now it is very good. Not medicine-like at all now.

I still don't buy it because of all the cheaper, yet good, RY4s out there.

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
I was the same way! However, they must have changed the base because now it is very good. Not medicine-like at all now.

I still don't buy it because of all the cheaper, yet good, RY4s out there.

I got a bottle a while back just to try it and had to get another. Looking forward to vaping it again on Monday and I normally don't like high PG juice.

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
I haven't tried many on Bill's list but my favorites have been Crystal E Liquid Double Tobacco & regular RY4, Mr Vape and Tribeca. The Master Blend from Nashville Vapor is sold here locally and that's what I used to quit smoking back before I even knew what an RY4 was. I vaped it so much I can't even taste it anymore though. It was great while it lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread