Status
Not open for further replies.

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
Bill:

1. The learning curve to the HH. 357 is very natural... Totally spontaneous; furthermore, the fact the atty is so freaking consistant will totally compensate for this. And the longevity you can get out of one, if you don't neglect them, makes them totally worth the money IMO. You have to try them. PERIOD.

2. Since you happen to like 306s but find dripping a pain, you should also definitely try the 306DCA. It prevents your atty from leaking... 306s, because of their smaller ceramic cups are leaking-likely, however in this case, this becomes an advantage as with a minimum learning curve you will be able to calibrate the DCA's draw adapting it to your vaping rythm; fully recirculating liquid. It also prevents the unit from over-heating (306 gets too hot!) which results into liquid too hot to be vaporized (molecules are too 'jumpy' out of heat and won't group back properly, which translates into not good vaporization). 306DCA makes your dripping experience be anything but a pain... Promise. You will be able to drip way too many drops at a time; unit will keep atty cool, and it looks cool on most PVs. Every 306 enthusiast should, at least try a DCA.

:2c:

Last edited:

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Wow. Not that your responses aren't pragmatic and thoughtful---they are---but I had no idea my post would stimulate any responses from HH357 or 306DCA fans. Well, that's ECF for ya...

For whatever it's worth, last night I ordered an IKV 3.5-ohm i06 atty from ecig Charleston---against my own better judgment (mostly since my frugality plan is not doing so well; I've pretty much closed the door on buying juices, but hardware? Uff da!). I managed to stop short of ordering a metal drip tip that would have been more expensive than the atty itself, but I read in a post somewhere that the barrel of an X7 Micromizer will fit the i06 body as a sleeve and allow use of a 510 drip tip. We'll see.

Given the posts above, I guess I should have just popped for an HH357. Well, knowing my tendencies, that'll probably be next. LOL.

Last edited:

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Any new RY4s out or reviews?.......

Well I have a new one from ecigzusa.com. I am waiting for the steeping to finish (it needs quite a bit).

The nicquid is 90% VG, so lots of vapor. This RY4 came fresh as a sweet DKTab flavor. The past two weeks, the caramel has broken through and the sweetness has diminished slightly. I am getting a hint of watermelon flavor in it today that I had not tasted before. So far, I would say above average. It is very crisp and clean.

The flavor is still changing, so expect a full review in a couple more weeks (then off to bill with it).

You can PM cbrociuos (View Profile: cbrociuos - E-Cigarette Forum) and see if he will send you a sample for review. He has given out several samples.

Last edited:

passerbyeus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kentucky
A watermelon flavor that would be odd, I actually got to try the Berry RY4 from Zombie , it was not horrible, the berry flavor was at the top with hints of vanilla, tobacco and caramel, it was really different thats for sure, I would not buy it again but if you someone would like a creamy berry vape it would be great.

Well I have a new one from ecigzusa.com. I am waiting for the steeping to finish (it needs quite a bit).

The nicquid is 90% VG, so lots of vapor. This RY4 came fresh as a sweet DKTab flavor. The past two weeks, the caramel has broken through and the sweetness has diminished slightly. I am getting a hint of watermelon flavor in it today that I had not tasted before. So far, I would say above average. It is very crisp and clean.

The flavor is still changing, so expect a full review in a couple more weeks (then off to bill with it).

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Given the posts above, I guess I should have just popped for an HH357. Well, knowing my tendencies, that'll probably be next. LOL.

Mr. Herbst! Please refrain from using the word "popped" in a sentence that also includes an atomizer!

:lol:

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Please refrain from using the word "popped" in a sentence that also includes an atomizer! :lol:

Especially a $22 atomizer.

Note to self: Do not include words "popped" and "atomizer" in same sentence. Hell, do not use them even in the same paragraph!---She Who Must be Obeyed has spoken.

Do I need to append that with an LOL? Nah, you'll know that I'm joking. Yes, but about which thing? The $22 atomizer? Using "popped" and "atomizer" together? Or the not-so-veiled reference to the Goddess Dominatrix???

Well, they're all jokes. No they're not. Only two of the three are jokes. Guess which?

No, everything I write is a joke. Hey wait, I didn't mean it that way. (Yes I did.)

The joke is on me, and you, and we are all together (koo-koo-ka'joob). I am the Egg Man. I am the Walrus.

Stop this, you're out of control. No I'm not. Yes you are. No I'm not: They're all jokes. Good ones. No, bad ones. No, good ones.

LOL.

wigglr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Massachusetts
Wow. Not that your responses aren't pragmatic and thoughtful---they are---but I had no idea my post would stimulate any responses from HH357 or 306DCA fans. Well, that's ECF for ya...

For whatever it's worth, last night I ordered an IKV 3.5-ohm i06 atty from Ecig Charleston---against my own better judgment (mostly since my frugality plan is not doing so well; I've pretty much closed the door on buying juices, but hardware? Uff da!). I managed to stop short of ordering a metal drip tip that would have been more expensive than the atty itself, but I read in a post somewhere that the barrel of an X7 Micromizer will fit the i06 body as a sleeve and allow use of a 510 drip tip. We'll see.

Best atomizer on the market. I have some 3.5s in a shoe box, but I have only used the 1.8s. AMAZING right from the first draw.

Kenw63

Apr 26, 2012
Cincinnati
Forgive me for trying to take a shortcut here. I've read most of the thread but admittedly not all of it(lots to read in here!). I recently received a bottle of BWB RY4 from what looks to be the final batch. Count me now among the many who are saddened by its departure. It's strikingly similar to a flavor I was searching for, the Premium brand tobacco flavor(seems impossible to find out what they use in it). Problem there is they only sell it in pre-filled cartos.

Anyhow, my question is, is there another RY4 out there that's very similar to BWB's? I've tried lots of juices in the two weeks I've been vaping and I'm hoping to avoid spending a bunch more money sampling various RY4's. If there isn't one similar, is there one you might recommend to a BWB RY4 lover? I couldn't tell you exactly why I like this one so much. Heck, I can't even describe the flavors I'm tasting in it! That makes it kind of difficult to pick another one out of the many that exist lol

wigglr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Massachusetts
Forgive me for trying to take a shortcut here. I've read most of the thread but admittedly not all of it(lots to read in here!). I recently received a bottle of BWB RY4 from what looks to be the final batch. Count me now among the many who are saddened by its departure. It's strikingly similar to a flavor I was searching for, the Premium brand tobacco flavor(seems impossible to find out what they use in it). Problem there is they only sell it in pre-filled cartos.

Anyhow, my question is, is there another RY4 out there that's very similar to BWB's? I've tried lots of juices in the two weeks I've been vaping and I'm hoping to avoid spending a bunch more money sampling various RY4's. If there isn't one similar, is there one you might recommend to a BWB RY4 lover? I couldn't tell you exactly why I like this one so much. Heck, I can't even describe the flavors I'm tasting in it! That makes it kind of difficult to pick another one out of the many that exist lol

Have you tried Mountain Oak's?

CthulhuSaves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Kansas
www.Call-of-Cthulhu.com
I recently received a bottle of BWB RY4 from what looks to be the final batch. Count me now among the many who are saddened by its departure.

Uhm...what? Is BWB no longer making their RY4 or something? I just bought a bottle and am waiting for it to steep (wasn't very good when sampled fresh upon arrival).

On a side-note, PV4 wasn't very good, either, but I'm hoping that changes after plenty of steeping. That's the one everyone said I should try based on the description of my ideal RY4. Finally managed to snag a bottle! :)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I'm so sorry to step on any BWB RY4 lovers toes, but I don't get the love affair. I've got some sleeping in the drawer for 2 months now, and it's just... ok, to me. The PV4 doesn't waft attractive either. Perhaps I'm just too stuck on IKV Gold.

I won a MOV contest and they are graciously sending me some of their Classic CountRY4. I'm pleased.

Bill, would you please pass the drinks around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread