Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Here's another vid (sorry, won't normally post two so close in time to each other) but this one's different. This is a channel update, some news for what I've got planned, and if you're the type of nut who enjoys/has enjoyed my vids, I would appreciate some advice that I ask for in the vid. If you don't want to watch it no worries, it's a rambling vlog. The advice I'm looking for specifically is with regards to the channel name. I like "Scydivasloth Productions" and am not totally convinced it should change, but part of me wants to change it. Basically because it's unsearchable. Such a whacky name. I'm wondering if any viewers have advice for whether it should change or not, and if so, name suggestions or thought-process suggestions for a new name would be greatly appreciated.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz5H5GWeQW0&t=25s

I'm pretty sure this is the best lookin' vid I've ever shot, really happy with the quality. 'Course it's easier when it's all shot at one sitting and in one location.

Reactions: kas122461

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
Regarding a title change for searchability, is it possible to put something easily remembered (ScyPro for instance) into parenthesis after Scydivasloth and have it come up when searched? Could be the best of both worlds, keeping the original and being searchable.

As much as zany comedy ties everything together, I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that the sloth hat and shades are simply iconic. So much so I didn't recognize you without them. If you do decide to try a new title, perhaps use the sloth angle. I feel like the O's in sloth and productions lend themselves to being replaced with the sloth face in a banner or logo, but that might just be too easy. :pervy:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Regarding a title change for searchability, is it possible to put something easily remembered (ScyPro for instance) into parenthesis after Scydivasloth and have it come up when searched? Could be the best of both worlds, keeping the original and being searchable.

As much as zany comedy ties everything together, I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that the sloth hat and shades are simply iconic. So much so I didn't recognize you without them. If you do decide to try a new title, perhaps use the sloth angle. I feel like the O's in sloth and productions lend themselves to being replaced with the sloth face in a banner or logo, but that might just be too easy. :pervy:
Very helpful and valuable post, thank you so much! I do think your initial thought there is possible and a very good suggestion. So much so that if I decide against a bigger name change, I will most definitely put (ScyPro) at the end. I'm positive that would pull up in searches if I do that so it's a no brainer.

I also agree that no matter what, "sloth" is essential in the name. It was suggested to me on youtube to keep it simple and go with something like "Sloth Productions" which is a good concept (keeping it simple) though it is hard to let go of the WTH element in "Scydivasloth" for sure.

Stuff to think about and I appreciate the feedback. I love your banner idea!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
vd2017.jpg

nvy1.jpg

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Here's another vid (sorry, won't normally post two so close in time to each other) but this one's different. This is a channel update, some news for what I've got planned, and if you're the type of nut who enjoys/has enjoyed my vids, I would appreciate some advice that I ask for in the vid. If you don't want to watch it no worries, it's a rambling vlog. The advice I'm looking for specifically is with regards to the channel name. I like "Scydivasloth Productions" and am not totally convinced it should change, but part of me wants to change it. Basically because it's unsearchable. Such a whacky name. I'm wondering if any viewers have advice for whether it should change or not, and if so, name suggestions or thought-process suggestions for a new name would be greatly appreciated.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz5H5GWeQW0&t=25s

I'm pretty sure this is the best lookin' vid I've ever shot, really happy with the quality. 'Course it's easier when it's all shot at one sitting and in one location.

To me a wacky name kinda fits when it's for a wacky sloth. ;)

Still waiting for the Mtn Bike video or videos after your epic trip to the Desert Southwest (hint).

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
To me a wacky name kinda fits when it's for a wacky sloth. ;)

Still waiting for the Mtn Bike video or videos after your epic trip to the Desert Southwest (hint).
Hah - I know. It's true. the WTH element of "Scydivasloth" is rather priceless, :D

No worries, the editing is underway for a 2nd SW Mtn Bike video - but, I want it to be considerably better than the first, at least color grading/editing wise. Hence, it was pushed back for a couple other vids, as I try to learn the ropes. I feel it's coming along quite well. I'm taking another momentary detour to work with some audio software (I'm gettin out the bass tonight) but that's not for a vid, or even a project. Just a break, while still being productive (got stuff to learn there too, though it's more my "home turd" than video).

The first mtn bike vid from out west was thrown together so quickly without even scoping out all of the footage I shot. There's plenty of nice footage to work with, so I feel take 2 will be much nicer.

ETA - LOL - that should have read "home turf" above, but it's too funny to change it!

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Hey there Reonauts and thank you @Rayonati Sloth for the video and queries. I’m not one to watch many videos (except for an occasional atomizer building one done by you) but quite simply, you are such a kind and thoughtful human being, I just had to push play. Hahaha.

Re opinions. I only have 2. #1 I’m concerned that your pooch isn’t able to get comfortable (what a life he has!). And #2 from a marketing standpoint (and perhaps life in general) the simpler the better IMHO. I’m also hearing that you want to honor your brother in your new production name...... This might be one of those intuitive thoughts that we awaken to in the middle of the night thingies

Brilliant advice from @Waho (although I understood only some of it).

Bottom line: keep on creating Sloth and thanks for including us on the ride.

I think you're definitely on the right track wanting to rename the channel... I've been watching your vids since the Nicoticket days and honestly, I don't think I could ever find your Youtube channel with it's current name if I didn't have it bookmarked LOL.

Your content is so varied, but there is a common denominator running through (almost) all of the vids, namely the sloth persona. So why not have a channel name that is relevant and is super easy to remember & search for. Something along the lines of "The Sloth Channel" or "Sloth's Musings".

BTW, The first time I heard your "real" voice in one of your past vids, I freaked out. It was like someone over dubbed the video with a wacky voice because I was so used to the sloth voice.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Hey there Reonauts and thank you @Rayonati Sloth for the video and queries. I’m not one to watch many videos (except for an occasional atomizer building one done by you) but quite simply, you are such a kind and thoughtful human being, I just had to push play. Hahaha.

Re opinions. I only have 2. #1 I’m concerned that your pooch isn’t able to get comfortable (what a life he has!). And #2 from a marketing standpoint (and perhaps life in general) the simpler the better IMHO. I’m also hearing that you want to honor your brother in your new production name...... This might be one of those intuitive thoughts that we awaken to in the middle of the night thingies

Brilliant advice from @Waho (although I understood only some of it).

Bottom line: keep on creating Sloth and thanks for including us on the ride.

Hahahahaa @ Boomer! Spoiled rotten ain't he :lol:

Thanks a lot for watching, means a lot since you're not one to watch many vids. Much appreciate the feedback too, I am coming to agree with a simpler approach for sure. Also just so everyone is clear - the brother thing is fictional completely. My actual brother is alive, well, and much warmer than I am today (subzero this morning up here) :unsure:

I think you're definitely on the right track wanting to rename the channel... I've been watching your vids since the Nicoticket days and honestly, I don't think I could ever find your Youtube channel with it's current name if I didn't have it bookmarked LOL.

Your content is so varied, but there is a common denominator running through (almost) all of the vids, namely the sloth persona. So why not have a channel name that is relevant and is super easy to remember & search for. Something along the lines of "The Sloth Channel" or "Sloth's Musings".

BTW, The first time I heard your "real" voice in one of your past vids, I freaked out. It was like someone over dubbed the video with a wacky voice because I was so used to the sloth voice.
Thanks for stickin' with my insanity for so long! Much appreciate this feedback. You're among several to point out that really, the sloth persona is the common denominator - not so much a comedic element. The latter is there for the most part, but actually not always and regardless, the sloth persona is the #1 common thread here. I like your suggestions. I practically guarantee a name change is coming down the line, and will follow the "simpler is better" mantra.

ETA also, when I get all this sorted, I intend to create an actual thread somewhere on ECF (probably the lounge) where I will post all the vids instead of putting them in the various threads I frequent. That way, threads remain cleaner and more on topic, and people who care can follow my thread and those who don't won't. I think that's a good way to go about it. I'd only double post if a vid was actually relevant to another thread.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
There must be something wrong with my computer or something cause its been 10 days since anyones posted here!! Whats going on people's? Hope everyones ok and getting ready to have a great holiday season... 10 months now and still going strong with no urges, wants, or needs!! I do still read all Reo posts though every couple of days though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread