Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I love the form factor of Woodvils so there's no way I won't dig the P67. I'm excited about it. Plus all my mods are currently heavy (or wood) and aren't fit for backpacking. The P67 will be my backpacking mod.

The width and thickness of the P67 is about the same as the Grand. But it feels much smaller, because of the rounded sides. It feels sorta like a shrunken Woodvil.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
The width and thickness of the P67 is about the same as the Grand. But it feels much smaller, because of the rounded sides. It feels sorta like a shrunken Woodvil.
Oh cool, I thought it was the same size as a woodvil. That's awesome. Do I also recall correctly that button mashing isn't an issue?

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Oh cool, I thought it was the same size as a woodvil. That's awesome. Do I also recall correctly that button mashing isn't an issue?

Button mashing doesn't seem to be a problem, probably because the firing pin is so short. The P67 is smaller than the Woodvil, width, height, and thickness wise.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I have had 2 devices now with a side firing button, ('15 Woodvil / Halcyon dna), and just can't get the feel for it at all. I vape my grands with either my thumb or index finger, side to side , instead of front to back. I have seen a few describe this as detonator style. That is what feels natural to me. I will admit that both of those devices were larger than my Grands and that was part of the problem as well so I will have to keep an open mind about the P67. I am waiting for Rob to do an all SL version of it though...

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
@muzichead feel free to send your Woodville to me and I shall take care of it! Funny on the "detonator" style. I am in love with my P67. It just feels great in hand. I also love my Grand...but like the side firing better. To each their own. Not bad problems to have.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Ill check out the vid and look into the tape. I dont use deoxit though. Nooxid is much better in my experience but doesnt have the convenience of the little brush. Thanks man :)
You could use a tiny, flat artist's paint brush. A narrow one with flat bristles. Just was it out after using. I had gotton something like that from Sally's Beauty Supply. They are used for lipstick sampling, or eyeshadow, things like that. Found them on Amazon. I think they come in packs of 12.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
@muzichead feel free to send your Woodville to me and I shall take care of it! Funny on the "detonator" style. I am in love with my P67. It just feels great in hand. I also love my Grand...but like the side firing better. To each their own. Not bad problems to have.
Sorry Mike, sold it quite a while back...

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Noalox is putrid plankton. Nooxid however is just simply life changing.

Put it this way...i cleaned my CC contacts every few days with deoxit. About once a month with nooxid.
hmmmm may have to look into the no ox id now that I'm at .5 ohms. Ok, so obviously it's not as nasty as noalox huh. I agree that stuff is definitely putrid plankton!

thanks for the link. I think my son has an ebay acct

I'm gonna snatch up a Hammertone, if I can :thumb:
yummmmmm when I eventually get one of these, that's what I want. solid body HT with SL HT door.

Sloth in lipstick and eyeshadow; what a fabulous idea! Maybe it'll match the hat.

T
I'll definitely be lookin for this vid!! Bet he'll do it too!! hehehe

spiritv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
IA
I've been borrowing my husband's p67 while I impatiently await the next run. He had it pretty banged up so I decided on a project this weekend. It's not perfect but it sure is pretty.
e78f4ab609293dca71dc9136cfcb030b.jpg

I used a dremel with 240 drum to get the gashes out. 400, 1000, and 2000 sanding under some water by hand. Then some polishing with Mother's and the dremel.

woodhippy

Master of Know Place
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2014
New Bloomfield MO
I've been borrowing my husband's p67 while I impatiently await the next run. He had it pretty banged up so I decided on a project this weekend. It's not perfect but it sure is pretty.
e78f4ab609293dca71dc9136cfcb030b.jpg

I used a dremel with 240 drum to get the gashes out. 400, 1000, and 2000 sanding under some water by hand. Then some polishing with Mother's and the dremel.
If my TRA Grand looked that shiney it would never leave the house.
Looks great

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
Hard to say.
The only new post he made last time was a blem hammertone that was gone in a split second, reusing all the old photos of the ones that were already offered from the original run.
I am hoping to see some SL P67's in this batch. Interested to know if its even possible. Also, the whispers of ultem inserts as replacements for the wood inserts has my ears perked.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Hard to say.
The only new post he made last time was a blem hammertone that was gone in a split second, reusing all the old photos of the ones that were already offered from the original run.
I am hoping to see some SL P67's in this batch. Interested to know if its even possible. Also, the whispers of ultem inserts as replacements for the wood inserts has my ears perked.

I could be wrong, but I thought I read a while back that the ultem inserts would be an option, but otherwise, the standard insert would be the wood, as in the previous P67s. Maybe that's changed.
I believe I also read that the next release would have spring loaded fire buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread