The REOville lounge

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Hi guys! I'm safe in KY. Lucky we have a great governor now. The last one actually encouraged measles parties SMH.

Good for you bush! I'm still on 24mg, and likely to stay there absent vascular issues. Still been almost 10 years since I got a REO and had my last cig, so the nicotine is merely a side issue for me.

Agree with the REO part but don't with the political part.
:toast:

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Hi guys! I'm safe in KY. Lucky we have a great governor now. The last one actually encouraged measles parties SMH.

Good for you bush! I'm still on 24mg, and likely to stay there absent vascular issues. Still been almost 10 years since I got a REO and had my last cig, so the nicotine is merely a side issue for me.
Great to see you. Glad you are safe too.
Wow! 10 years. I’ve been cig free for 7 years and grooving with my Reos for nearly that long. Talk about an”Ever Ready Bunny” in the vape world. That’s Reos!

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
20200530_230532.jpg

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
(((((((((reonauts)))))))))) I've been absent from ECF for nearly 2 years til recently. I still don't get on often, but am trying to come on some now. I never meant to be away, but it's really uncomfortable to be on the computer, so when I got done doing the things I HAD to do, I typically ended up just needing to get off the puter and never got here. Some of y'all may know Iffy from the porches, maybe not, but he's the reason I got back on here. We'd talk on the phone fairly often or text. A few months ago his daughter called me and said that he'd had a stroke. At first he couldn't walk or talk well, communicating was very difficult. He can walk well now, and is much better at talking. He and his kids have been doing video chats which he's much better at than a phone call. On the phone he still has difficulty knowing who he is talking to. they were finally able to get a device to his wife so they could video chat last month. They have been separated since his stroke. She needs round the clock care which he was providing. Their kids were taking turns staying at the house with her for awhile, but that got too be too much what with taking care of their own families and responsibilities. They are in facilities on the same street though. He's made a tremendous amount of progress, but still has some cognitive and communication difficulties. I've been fine, just in a LOT of pain! I have an MRI next week in prep to get dorsal column stimulator inserted. Hopefully that will help. they only insert the leads at first and tape the unit to you. If it helps you go back and have the unit installed under the skin. If not they remove the leads. Problem is with my insurance the closest place that can do it is Dallas, about 3 hrs from me. Not sure if we can work that out or not or if I can be in a car that long. Gonna call the insurance and see if they can make a medically needed exception for someplace close.

SLOTH! How are you, my friend of almost imperceptible movement? It is great to see you stop by--we know the kind of time you must have spent inching over to the forum. No, seriously, it's great to hear from you. Hope all is good with you and yours in these very trying times. I know your lodge is not able to operate but if you folks are staying buttoned up, healthy and happy--that's the most important thing.
Out here in the boonies, we've been lucky so far. Only a few positive cases and one death in our county. When we look at the terrible toll in other places, we really feel fortunate. Makes you think about the time you have left---or maybe don't. I mean you can hedge your bets as well as you know how and still end up with a losing hand. Ya just follow the rules and hope for the best.
I quit vaping nicotine 16 days ago. You might recall I mentioned that possibility in a previous post. Well....it seemed like the thing to do at the time. After smoking for 35 years and vaping for another 10, my addiction was pretty strong. I think I've climbed over the curve(as we repeatedly refer to these days) and I'll remain nicotine-free. I'll be seeing you around though, I ain't quitting everything.:) Take care, my friend.
Glad y'all have few cases. We're pretty much the same here. Wow, that's amazing that you quit vaping! Good for you! I don't care if I ever quit, but for the last couple years or so I did go from 24mg to 15mg nic.

Bush, congratulations! That's a hard-won victory and it sounds like you're definitely victorious at this point :thumbs:

I'd struggle so much with it to be honest. I'll do it someday, maybe soon, and you'll serve as an inspiration to me. I'm kind of sick of being addicted to things...the only thing I probably won't ever give up which I'd consider an addiction is caffeine. I'd be wise to do so, but, I also need to live a 'lil :)

Proud of you, friend. Also, "friend of almost imperceptible movement" is the greatest thing I've ever heard :D

Glad to know you and your family are well. Same here friend. Looking like upstate NY may open on May 15th (which I think is a major mistake, personally) and our lodge with it. Too soon... 61% of our guests come from 4 of the top 5 dangerous areas, and there's nothing really stopping them from coming here. But, we'll adjust as best we can. May have to close down some common areas and change the check-in process. Like you say, we just do our best and count our blessings.

Please do continue to hang around, like @muzichead (whom I haven't seen in a while) did after quitting vaping. We love ya, we need ya :)
Great to see you! Hope you're still getting paychecks with the resort being shut down. I agree that it's too soon to open. Our Gov decided beginning of May to reopen some things like restaurants, hair salons etc at 25% of capacity and if there were not many new cases then end of May they could go up to 50%. After I saw they'd gone to 50% I check out stats online. We'd been at around either 230 or 260 cases for our county with more than 1/2 already recovered and only 3 deaths. One I know was a lady in her 80s in a nursing home. But then apparently when they reopened some stuff, we had a big (for us) jump to 329 cases. Not sure what that percent is, but it's a big jump when we've had so few cases here. I know people need to get back to work and try to keep the economy from totally tanking but everyone is predicting another surge in the fall that will be worse and with stuff reopening I don't doubt it. We've been fine. About a year ago my son finished nursing school and got his RN license, so he definitely had work. My dil worked at a daycare, and was planning to quit May 1st anyhow. There are a lot of workers there that are single mothers, so that was their only income, so she left sooner than she planned to let them have her hours since my son's income was the main here. I give them nearly 1/2 of my check also.

Our business continues to be closed but we’ve been able to help folks with products so they can make masks.
Great to see you darlin!! I think I recall you were an office mgr or something like that, but I could be wrong, what is your business if you don't mind me asking. I hope you've still been able to work in some capacity. I know so many are losing so much right now because they can't find work that will pay their bills. My dil did sign up with door dash, but I don't think she's done too much of it. She's had a bad shoulder, really painful at times and will have an MRI later this month I think to see if it will require surgery or not.

does Jet still come around here? Been thinking about him since the dallas spacex explosion. Luckily they said there were no injuries. I will try to check back more often, I think of y'all and miss y'all a lot! Still vaping, but had talked to Eric about which screws etc I needed, then didn't get stuff ordered. A few months later got ready to order and was shocked to see he was out of business. I totally get it, his family comes first and he gave us a couple extra years. Just sad to see it gone. Hugs and loves to all y'all!!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
(((((((((reonauts)))))))))) I've been absent from ECF for nearly 2 years til recently. I still don't get on often, but am trying to come on some now. I never meant to be away, but it's really uncomfortable to be on the computer, so when I got done doing the things I HAD to do, I typically ended up just needing to get off the puter and never got here. Some of y'all may know Iffy from the porches, maybe not, but he's the reason I got back on here. We'd talk on the phone fairly often or text. A few months ago his daughter called me and said that he'd had a stroke. At first he couldn't walk or talk well, communicating was very difficult. He can walk well now, and is much better at talking. He and his kids have been doing video chats which he's much better at than a phone call. On the phone he still has difficulty knowing who he is talking to. they were finally able to get a device to his wife so they could video chat last month. They have been separated since his stroke. She needs round the clock care which he was providing. Their kids were taking turns staying at the house with her for awhile, but that got too be too much what with taking care of their own families and responsibilities. They are in facilities on the same street though. He's made a tremendous amount of progress, but still has some cognitive and communication difficulties. I've been fine, just in a LOT of pain! I have an MRI next week in prep to get dorsal column stimulator inserted. Hopefully that will help. they only insert the leads at first and tape the unit to you. If it helps you go back and have the unit installed under the skin. If not they remove the leads. Problem is with my insurance the closest place that can do it is Dallas, about 3 hrs from me. Not sure if we can work that out or not or if I can be in a car that long. Gonna call the insurance and see if they can make a medically needed exception for someplace close.

Glad y'all have few cases. We're pretty much the same here. Wow, that's amazing that you quit vaping! Good for you! I don't care if I ever quit, but for the last couple years or so I did go from 24mg to 15mg nic.

Great to see you! Hope you're still getting paychecks with the resort being shut down. I agree that it's too soon to open. Our Gov decided beginning of May to reopen some things like restaurants, hair salons etc at 25% of capacity and if there were not many new cases then end of May they could go up to 50%. After I saw they'd gone to 50% I check out stats online. We'd been at around either 230 or 260 cases for our county with more than 1/2 already recovered and only 3 deaths. One I know was a lady in her 80s in a nursing home. But then apparently when they reopened some stuff, we had a big (for us) jump to 329 cases. Not sure what that percent is, but it's a big jump when we've had so few cases here. I know people need to get back to work and try to keep the economy from totally tanking but everyone is predicting another surge in the fall that will be worse and with stuff reopening I don't doubt it. We've been fine. About a year ago my son finished nursing school and got his RN license, so he definitely had work. My dil worked at a daycare, and was planning to quit May 1st anyhow. There are a lot of workers there that are single mothers, so that was their only income, so she left sooner than she planned to let them have her hours since my son's income was the main here. I give them nearly 1/2 of my check also.

Great to see you darlin!! I think I recall you were an office mgr or something like that, but I could be wrong, what is your business if you don't mind me asking. I hope you've still been able to work in some capacity. I know so many are losing so much right now because they can't find work that will pay their bills. My dil did sign up with door dash, but I don't think she's done too much of it. She's had a bad shoulder, really painful at times and will have an MRI later this month I think to see if it will require surgery or not.

does Jet still come around here? Been thinking about him since the dallas spacex explosion. Luckily they said there were no injuries. I will try to check back more often, I think of y'all and miss y'all a lot! Still vaping, but had talked to Eric about which screws etc I needed, then didn't get stuff ordered. A few months later got ready to order and was shocked to see he was out of business. I totally get it, his family comes first and he gave us a couple extra years. Just sad to see it gone. Hugs and loves to all y'all!!
DEBADOO!!! :wub: what a treat to wake up and see your post! I can't tell you how happy it makes me to hear from you! A few times in recent months I've tagged you hoping to hear back, and when I didn't I was concerned about you. It's such a relief to know you're doing ok - well, having some troubles, and I certainly am sad to hear that. But thank god you're getting some help and I hope that stimulator helps. It's totally fine that you don't get here often, just know that I love you and will be thinking of you and wishing you all the best through this process. If you do get time we'd love to hear an update after you have that done.

I don't know Iffy personally but I'm really sorry to hear about his stroke. Good that he's doing better, and hopefully that trend continues. I don't think I've seen Jet around for a while but I could be wrong. I haven't been on the forum as much as I used to be.

On my end I did continue to work and get paid even though we were shut down. So did Chrissy, though she just quit her job and is starting a new one Thursday working with the Forest Rangers, so she's very excited. We re-opened my resort last week and now people are flocking here from NYC and other northeastern cities like I've never seen before. Nerve-wracking honestly. But we've made some big changes around here and hopefully everyone will stay safe. On my end some of the changes are pretty sweet. We're doing self-check-in meaning no more waiting around into the night to welcome the chickens as I call them (check-ins :D). Always on call, but otherwise having normal work hours is nice!

You'll always have a home here no matter if it's been 2 years or 10 since you've been away my friend. If you let me know what parts you needed from Eric, I'll look through my stash and see if I have any of it and if I do I'll be happy to send them to you. I may have them if it's screws etc for grands or P67s. The trick will just be figuring out what's what since sloths are kinda unorganized.

Can't tell you how happy I am to see you Deb :wub: best of luck and I hope you get that pain under control ASAP...sending you virtual hugs!!!

PS thank your son for me for the work he's doing!

Last edited:

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Hello all! And YAY @Debadoo for checking in!!! I cant tell you how often you cross my thoughts!! What a relief to hear from you. I dont however, like that you are in pain. Fingers crossed that the procedure is helpful. Please keep us posted. YOU are such a gift! Yes, let us know which parts you might need. We are smaller but still a helpful, silly bunch. Haha
Yes, we have a little store in northern Cal. It is a 5&10 that has been around 71 years! We’ve been re-opening in stages and taking all precautions to protect our community. Am grateful for the ability to provide a bit of “normalcy” in our community. And oh my! I am struck by the creativity of people’s masks!! And yes, I have 5 to choose from each day! One has to match right?

So grateful @Sloth Tonight that you and yours are well and being smart. Every day I check the numbers in your state as well as other states and countries. Congrats on Crissy’s new job! Great benefits too!

Sending you all virtual hugs!

And @Aal_ , I dont have that part but I am betting somewhere here will have some wisdom....

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Hi friends,

I broke the positive pin of my 2015 Red Mallee woodvil. Is there any way I can fix it? Thanks!

20200523_154932-jpg.886949

20200523_154949-jpg.886953
20200523_155130-jpg.886957
20200523_155149-jpg.886959
20200523_155200-jpg.886961

I just saw Steamstacks picture in the classified's, and I realized that I have some of those, sure enough found them. I tried to send you a PM and couldn't. :?:

Sorry I did not realize what you needed sooner, after seeing that picture I am sure this is what you need. I don't want to part with more than one. If you want it let me know. :)

KAS

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
DEBADOO!!! :wub: what a treat to wake up and see your post! I can't tell you how happy it makes me to hear from you! A few times in recent months I've tagged you hoping to hear back, and when I didn't I was concerned about you. It's such a relief to know you're doing ok - well, having some troubles, and I certainly am sad to hear that. But thank god you're getting some help and I hope that stimulator helps. It's totally fine that you don't get here often, just know that I love you and will be thinking of you and wishing you all the best through this process. If you do get time we'd love to hear an update after you have that done.

I don't know Iffy personally but I'm really sorry to hear about his stroke. Good that he's doing better, and hopefully that trend continues. I don't think I've seen Jet around for a while but I could be wrong. I haven't been on the forum as much as I used to be.

On my end I did continue to work and get paid even though we were shut down. So did Chrissy, though she just quit her job and is starting a new one Thursday working with the Forest Rangers, so she's very excited. We re-opened my resort last week and now people are flocking here from NYC and other northeastern cities like I've never seen before. Nerve-wracking honestly. But we've made some big changes around here and hopefully everyone will stay safe. On my end some of the changes are pretty sweet. We're doing self-check-in meaning no more waiting around into the night to welcome the chickens as I call them (check-ins :D). Always on call, but otherwise having normal work hours is nice!

You'll always have a home here no matter if it's been 2 years or 10 since you've been away my friend. If you let me know what parts you needed from Eric, I'll look through my stash and see if I have any of it and if I do I'll be happy to send them to you. I may have them if it's screws etc for grands or P67s. The trick will just be figuring out what's what since sloths are kinda unorganized.

Can't tell you how happy I am to see you Deb :wub: best of luck and I hope you get that pain under control ASAP...sending you virtual hugs!!!

PS thank your son for me for the work he's doing!
(((((((((((Sloth))))))))))) that just warmed my heart so much! Much hugs and luvs to you too!! I think about everyone here so much, and all y'all are always in my heart! I figured and hoped you were still working. Stuff needs to be done in a place like that whether there are guests or not. And kewlios on the self check-in. hehehe on the chickens. Stay safe my friend!! Wahooooooo for Chrissy!! Hope she loves it and I'm sure she will. A few months ago I finally bought the flavors for that mango sticky rice.........I just need to make it now. lol
I appreciate the offer. I need to find my lil stash, see what I have then recheck the email I did get from Eric to see what I need.

Hello all! And YAY @Debadoo for checking in!!! I cant tell you how often you cross my thoughts!! What a relief to hear from you. I dont however, like that you are in pain. Fingers crossed that the procedure is helpful. Please keep us posted. YOU are such a gift! Yes, let us know which parts you might need. We are smaller but still a helpful, silly bunch. Haha
Yes, we have a little store in northern Cal. It is a 5&10 that has been around 71 years! We’ve been re-opening in stages and taking all precautions to protect our community. Am grateful for the ability to provide a bit of “normalcy” in our community. And oh my! I am struck by the creativity of people’s masks!! And yes, I have 5 to choose from each day! One has to match right?

So grateful @Sloth Tonight that you and yours are well and being smart. Every day I check the numbers in your state as well as other states and countries. Congrats on Crissy’s new job! Great benefits too!

Sending you all virtual hugs!

And @Aal_ , I dont have that part but I am betting somewhere here will have some wisdom....
(((((((((((Robin))))))))))))) so good to see you too darlin! I think of you often! How kewl to have a five and dime. Wow, a lot of history there! Glad you have plenty of masks, and cute ones to boot! lol Y'all made me sniffle a lil bit with such warm welcome backs! Much luvs and hugs!

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
I just saw Steamstacks picture in the classified's, and I realized that I have some of those, sure enough found them. I tried to send you a PM and couldn't. :?:

Sorry I did not realize what you needed sooner, after seeing that picture I am sure this is what you need. I don't want to part with more than one. If you want it let me know. :)

KAS

Holy moly, i sure do. I'm tending to assume the P67 one is the same as the 2015 woodvil. Just realized it said woodvil as well. doesn't hurt to give it a try. Let me clear some of my PM's maybe my inbox is full. Thanks buddy.

ADDIT: hey kas, i will check with SteamPack first maybe i pick something up from his stuff as well. I really appreciate it. Although I haven't used it for a while, it got me depressed there. You know how it is with us freaks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robinowitz

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
Great to see you. Glad you are safe too.
Wow! 10 years. I’ve been cig free for 7 years and grooving with my Reos for nearly that long. Talk about an”Ever Ready Bunny” in the vape world. That’s Reos!

Seven years is great! I told Rob that all I wanted was something that was easier than lighting a cigarette. Darned if he didn't send me my first REO, and I just never stopped. It IS the ever ready of the vape world. I remember someone lost their Grand in a field while tailgating at a football game in the winter. He found it months later, cleaned it up, and kept on vaping with it.

• Love

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
oh god, the horror removing the broken 510 pin from the woodvil. thankfully i was able to do it. hammering so close to wood is not something you want to see.

Eeek. I hope to never have to do that on my natural burl mini woodvil. Not as nervous about the lacewood and oak.

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
Oops, protected cells are ok to use in flashlights (low discharge) but it used to be and probably still is not a good idea to use protected cells in mods, especially mechs (high discharge). Hope someone else can chime in, my battery safety is a little drained after quite a while of same ol same ol. Here is a link to Mooch's recommendations for smaller cells.

Users who are viewing this thread