The REOville lounge

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Yay! I was having a technical issue with one of my P-67’s and because of Reoville, @SteamStack and Rob I sorted it!

The striker plate had moved a bit and was firing when I wasn't intending it to. I did a bit of sleuthing in the technical thread of our old Forum and found some help from @SteamStack re an issue I was having with my button. He had also referred me to look at a U-Tube entry done by Rob re general maintenance which I found. Within 15 min., I (because of your help) was able to tighten up the nipple. It is once again as good as new.

Just wanted to remind you all how very much I value your wisdom and the years of helpfulness I have experienced here. Thank you. I do not take what we have for granted.

Be well friends.

Haha.. glad that info helped ya out!

One of these days I'll pull that p67 button out and cut some slots in the backside so it dont suction seal to the body and stick in the fire position! Happens to me all the time when I have a juice leak. Liquid gets behind that button its its done.

My biggest pet peeve of the p67.

I thought getting a button spread would help but it still can happen :/

• Informative
Reactions: Robinowitz

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Haha.. glad that info helped ya out!

One of these days I'll pull that p67 button out and cut some slots in the backside so it dont suction seal to the body and stick in the fire position! Happens to me all the time when I have a juice leak. Liquid gets behind that button its its done.

My biggest pet peeve of the p67.

I thought getting a button spread would help but it still can happen :/
Thank you for your ever present ingenuity!

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
SLOTH! How are you, my friend of almost imperceptible movement? It is great to see you stop by--we know the kind of time you must have spent inching over to the forum. No, seriously, it's great to hear from you. Hope all is good with you and yours in these very trying times. I know your lodge is not able to operate but if you folks are staying buttoned up, healthy and happy--that's the most important thing.
Out here in the boonies, we've been lucky so far. Only a few positive cases and one death in our county. When we look at the terrible toll in other places, we really feel fortunate. Makes you think about the time you have left---or maybe don't. I mean you can hedge your bets as well as you know how and still end up with a losing hand. Ya just follow the rules and hope for the best.
I quit vaping nicotine 16 days ago. You might recall I mentioned that possibility in a previous post. Well....it seemed like the thing to do at the time. After smoking for 35 years and vaping for another 10, my addiction was pretty strong. I think I've climbed over the curve(as we repeatedly refer to these days) and I'll remain nicotine-free. I'll be seeing you around though, I ain't quitting everything.:) Take care, my friend.

Last edited:

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
I got over the hand-to-mouth habit in a couple of days, I think. Giving up that part of it was kind of an extension of what we are or at least should be already practicing--keep your hands away from your face. The nic withdrawal was pretty strong. I was a mighty grumpy old s-o-b. Hardest is those trigger moments when I always vaped--taking the dogs out in the morning, first cup of coffee, etc. You don't realize what a creature of habit you are until you sever that usual sequence. It still hits me at those times but its easier to dismiss now. I think quitting vaping was less miserable than quitting smoking. I do miss tinkering with the stuff though. Charging batteries, building a new coil, wicking, all that stuff was like a hobby. Have to find a new one, I guess.:)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Bush, congratulations! That's a hard-won victory and it sounds like you're definitely victorious at this point :thumbs:

I'd struggle so much with it to be honest. I'll do it someday, maybe soon, and you'll serve as an inspiration to me. I'm kind of sick of being addicted to things...the only thing I probably won't ever give up which I'd consider an addiction is caffeine. I'd be wise to do so, but, I also need to live a 'lil :)

Proud of you, friend. Also, "friend of almost imperceptible movement" is the greatest thing I've ever heard :D

Glad to know you and your family are well. Same here friend. Looking like upstate NY may open on May 15th (which I think is a major mistake, personally) and our lodge with it. Too soon... 61% of our guests come from 4 of the top 5 dangerous areas, and there's nothing really stopping them from coming here. But, we'll adjust as best we can. May have to close down some common areas and change the check-in process. Like you say, we just do our best and count our blessings.

Please do continue to hang around, like @muzichead (whom I haven't seen in a while) did after quitting vaping. We love ya, we need ya :)

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
Bush, congratulations! That's a hard-won victory and it sounds like you're definitely victorious at this point :thumbs:

I'd struggle so much with it to be honest. I'll do it someday, maybe soon, and you'll serve as an inspiration to me. I'm kind of sick of being addicted to things...the only thing I probably won't ever give up which I'd consider an addiction is caffeine. I'd be wise to do so, but, I also need to live a 'lil :)

Proud of you, friend. Also, "friend of almost imperceptible movement" is the greatest thing I've ever heard :D

Glad to know you and your family are well. Same here friend. Looking like upstate NY may open on May 15th (which I think is a major mistake, personally) and our lodge with it. Too soon... 61% of our guests come from 4 of the top 5 dangerous areas, and there's nothing really stopping them from coming here. But, we'll adjust as best we can. May have to close down some common areas and change the check-in process. Like you say, we just do our best and count our blessings.

Please do continue to hang around, like @muzichead (whom I haven't seen in a while) did after quitting vaping. We love ya, we need ya :)
Papa hung up his vaping spurs too and still pokes his nose in here once in awhile. Good company to be in. My grandpappy told me that if yer gonna run with the big dogs, ya gotta learn how to piss in the tall grass. I'm working on it. :)

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Hi all! Tis great hearing from some Reo folks. Once a Reonaut, always a Reonaut (whether you are vaping or not). The humor and honesty warms my heart.

Wow @bushmaster! That is amazing. So grateful you are still letting us know how you are and how you did it. Bravo! I have to say that I might be vaping more than usual. Still 3 mg but perhaps na increase due to more time or anxiety? My hat is off to you for ceasing during a pandemic.

Been thinking a lot about you @Sloth Tonight. Almost sent you a message. Thanks for checking in. I am a bit of a numbers geek and I check daily on the state of the world. Was “pleased” to see that NY deaths fell below 400 for the 1st time in April. Am hoping this “good news” continues. And I hear you about your concerns with opening up.....

Our business continues to be closed but we’ve been able to help folks with products so they can make masks. Luckily Calif. and our local government jumped on this early. Grateful our testing capacity is beginning to increase so we can get a better picture of how to safely move forward. Like all of us, life as we know it is different. Generally, we are hauling .... around here in prep for summer on the river (summer destination for Bay Area and Sac Area). Life is slower. Enjoying some sweet moments and yes, some anxiety. So grateful we live in beauty and are able to safely get out and walk. And not to brag but I have a couple gorgeous masks that I get to choose from. :)

Stay safe my friends. I cherish you all so much. Virtual hugs.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
@Robinowitz :wub: so glad to know you're safe and doing well! Yeah, our states are doing really well overall in dealing with this, and we are lucky to live in beautiful areas where we can go for walks in nature with safety. It is just now beginning to really warm up here. This whole week looks to be in the 50s, albeit with a lot of rain. Still, Spring is beautiful and is a nice counterbalance to the gloom and doom :)

Thanks for checking in! I'll try to post here more often. I, too, cherish all of you. This has been my family for going on 6 years now. I've no intention of that ever changing :)

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
I could hear those hollers all the way over the ocean.
Glad to hear you both are doing OK, hope everyone else is good too.
Vapefiend, how is the house doing, finished the honey-do list yet ?
DaveD
Oh no haha the list seems to grow every day. The house is looking good though it is getting there. Hope everyone is doing ok

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
Hi guys! I'm safe in KY. Lucky we have a great governor now. The last one actually encouraged measles parties SMH.

Good for you bush! I'm still on 24mg, and likely to stay there absent vascular issues. Still been almost 10 years since I got a REO and had my last cig, so the nicotine is merely a side issue for me.

Users who are viewing this thread