The REOville lounge

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Wow! Good to see you @fatherdano and congratulations on quitting vaping! I can’t imagine not vaping but then again I could not imagine life without smoking almost 7 years ago. We will see.

So I don’t get out much in the vaping world other than here. Are folks using tanks with their Reos? Just curious. If so, why?

Yeah, we were able to quit smoking cause we replaced it with vaping. To quit vaping we would need to replace it with some new habit! Prob snaking.. so weight gain. :/

Would need a serious change of life to never have the time to vape to quit.

Reactions: Robinowitz

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I wasn't really thinking of putting a tank on my REO, but just like the concept of a rebuildable tank in general.

I figured maybe someone in here had some experience with one
Got it! Thanks. I know that I am not up with what’s new out there (or just slothful or content), so I was just curious.

Have a great weekend all.

Reactions: jifjifjif

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I wasn't really thinking of putting a tank on my REO, but just like the concept of a rebuildable tank in general.

I figured maybe someone in here had some experience with one

The Vapefly Galaxy is a bit of both worlds. You squonk into a glass reservoir and the wicking moves it into the coil. When used with the squonk feed pin, the tank will hold about a half mililiter while using the solid plug and fill like a regular tank it probably holds two ml. I have one I use when driving, I can vape, keep the wick saturated (no dry hits), no over squonking but always keep my geriatric eyes on the road.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
The Vapefly Galaxy is a bit of both worlds. You squonk into a glass reservoir and the wicking moves it into the coil. When used with the squonk feed pin, the tank will hold about a half mililiter while using the solid plug and fill like a regular tank it probably holds two ml. I have one I use when driving, I can vape, keep the wick saturated (no dry hits), no over squonking but always keep my geriatric eyes on the road.
Interesting! I do enjoy learning. I can see the benefit. How does the flavor compare with this tank in squonker-mode as compared to a squonking atty?

BTW, a well deserved congratulations regarding the Chiefs. I am all about the 49ers but if we had to lose this one, I am grateful it was to the Chiefs. It was their turn!

Reactions: CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Interesting! I do enjoy learning. I can see the benefit. How does the flavor compare with this tank in squonker-mode as compared to a squonking atty?

BTW, a well deserved congratulations regarding the Chiefs. I am all about the 49ers but if we had to lose this one, I am grateful it was to the Chiefs. It was their turn!

After fifty years, the game was enjoyable.
I vape unflavored so I can't say. I would guess it is pretty good because as you look down the drip tip it looks just exactly like a regular squonker. The squonk pin is designed so that it pulls a lot out of the tank leaving maybe half a milliliter like every squonker does - except the RM-2, the best draining atty of all time.

• Informative
Reactions: Robinowitz

damachine

Feb 17, 2019
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: No buying, selling or trading outside of the Classifieds

Silver1

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Hey all!

Id like to try a rebuildable tank atty (RTAi think they're called)

I use an O Little 16 and an RM2 so I like MTL. Can anyone suggest one to try that has a similar two - post build deck like the attys I use? Can I use ready-x-Wick in it or must I use cotton?

Hey @jifjifjif
I have tried for ages but just cannot get a MTL RTA to give me the same kind of experience I get on my RM2. Especially with tobaccoes. I like a rich flavour, strong throat hit and tight draw. Stock airhole on RM2 is perfect for me.

I have tried a fair number of RTAs, even those that are MTL, but I find the flavour is just not as intense. Usually the draw is a bit looser, which is not a big problem but not my preference. And all round I just don’t get the same throat hit. Then there’s the mission of wicking , which can be a pain and quite tricky in some devices.

I do like the Rose MTL RTA, google it. Very nice, comes close. And the Kayfun V3 Mini is not bad, although the flavour is not the same and it gurgles when I make the draw the tightness I like. Have tried several more but these two have stuck out for me.

My RM2s are therefore still my tobacco MTL champions.

Silver1

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reo Grand seeing quite a rare sighting here in South Africa at the Kruger National Park ;-)

Two cheetahs perched on a signpost

Was early in the morning near the Berg en Dal camp. Photo taken during my trip there in June 2017.

c4c2e1eac1c66fb7f4f77de323775a78.jpg

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
RM2, one of the first and in some ways one of the best. It is a pretty easy build, it drains better then any that I have used. It is hard to beat for flavor. Having written this I am wondering what possessed me to leave it chasing after the next latest and greatest. I am going to dig mine out and squirt it up, squonkin' in Ky tonight.

Hey @jifjifjif
I have tried for ages but just cannot get a MTL RTA to give me the same kind of experience I get on my RM2. Especially with tobaccoes. I like a rich flavour, strong throat hit and tight draw. Stock airhole on RM2 is perfect for me.

I have tried a fair number of RTAs, even those that are MTL, but I find the flavour is just not as intense. Usually the draw is a bit looser, which is not a big problem but not my preference. And all round I just don’t get the same throat hit. Then there’s the mission of wicking , which can be a pain and quite tricky in some devices.

I do like the Rose MTL RTA, google it. Very nice, comes close. And the Kayfun V3 Mini is not bad, although the flavour is not the same and it gurgles when I make the draw the tightness I like. Have tried several more but these two have stuck out for me.

My RM2s are therefore still my tobacco MTL champions.

damachine

Feb 17, 2019
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: No buying, selling or trading outside of the Classifieds

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Haha! Was hoping you would see that :)
Say what is “CF” modifier mean under your photo? (I dont get out much. Haha).
CF = Cannabis Forum. I'm the moderator there.
Historic moment, my friend. To my knowledge, I am the first Sloth Moderator of any forum!
My species is proud... :cry:

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
What are the implications for, say, rabbits? Is this an animal uprising?
Well being a river otter myself, I find my delight in playfulness and laughter, so no interest in uprising on my end. :)

Congratulations on your moderation job and progress. Easy does it (as if I gotta tell you that..haha). Gonna go frolic myself.

Users who are viewing this thread