The REOville lounge

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Yeah, we have had an eerily long early spring here too. Not a drop of rain since Jan 25. Mind blowing and yet concerning for the long run.

We took the 20 minute ride out to the coast yesterday with 2 of our pooches (when you have 4, one can pick and choose for who will most enjoy the adventure. Haha). We had spectacular weather. No wind, sunny and about 58 degrees. We played, rested and stared at the beauty of the northern Cal coast in the winter. Tis usually opposite in terms of weather during the summer......

.......and yes, my red SL accompanied me :)

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
That's right, you didn't misread it, it's the worst bill we've come up against yet:

This is from the vaping360 article:

The bill includes a variety of provisions that will affect vapers, including:
  • FLAVOR BAN Prohibits products containing “characterizing flavors” other than tobacco—unless they are specifically approved by the FDA and are proven to “significantly increase the likelihood of smoking cessation”
  • ONLINE SALES BAN Prohibits all non-face to face sales
  • FDA USER FEES Gives the FDA authority to collect $100 million in user fees from the vaping industry annually, which will increase prices
  • SYNTHETIC NICOTINE REGULATIONS Orders FDA to regulate products containing synthetic nicotine
  • ADVERTISING RESTRICTIONS Extends all FDA rules on the sales and marketing of cigarettes to vaping products, including advertising restrictions
Take action now and tell your representative to vote NO on HR2339

Contact your Rep here

As @UncleJunkle pointed out over the weekend, there is a separate taxation bill up for vote on the same day, make your voices heard people!

Nic Base $3K/liter - March 2020...

• Informative
Reactions: Robinowitz

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Well gosh, I may have killed a Reo. :(
Not sure...maybe you guys can help.

There's a short, from what i can tell, INSIDE the 510.
This is a heavily used and abused P67.

First noticed, cuz a battery just drained, while sitting - to below salvage. Never got anything hot, so I cleaned, figured a fluke, maybe liquid somehow partly shorting the contacts...but then it did it again.
So I cleaned as thoroughly as possible, without being able to remove the delrin insert thing to see behind it. I removed the screw - but it actually looks like maybe it's glued in? Is it glued in? (pic below)

Anyway, then I tried a different RDA, and finally figured it out.
I could hear, literally with the thing up against my ear, a quiet "sizzle/hiss".
Took the RDA off - and guess what? Quiet "sizzle/hiss" - coming from the 510.

Could be a bit of moisture in there - i literally just finished soaking the thing in hot water and drying. But still - if there's a sizzle/hiss - it's shorting. With no RDA on it, and the firing contact not making contact.

SO - is that a fried 510?
And is there any way to repair or replace the REO P67 510?
Do I need to get that delrin insert thing out to diagnose this?
I seem to remember Rob basically saying "you need an industrial press to remove or insert a Reo 510"...

short510.jpg

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Well gosh, I may have killed a Reo. :(
Not sure...maybe you guys can help.

There's a short, from what i can tell, INSIDE the 510.
This is a heavily used and abused P67.

First noticed, cuz a battery just drained, while sitting - to below salvage. Never got anything hot, so I cleaned, figured a fluke, maybe liquid somehow partly shorting the contacts...but then it did it again.
So I cleaned as thoroughly as possible, without being able to remove the delrin insert thing to see behind it. I removed the screw - but it actually looks like maybe it's glued in? Is it glued in? (pic below)

Anyway, then I tried a different RDA, and finally figured it out.
I could hear, literally with the thing up against my ear, a quiet "sizzle/hiss".
Took the RDA off - and guess what? Quiet "sizzle/hiss" - coming from the 510.

Could be a bit of moisture in there - i literally just finished soaking the thing in hot water and drying. But still - if there's a sizzle/hiss - it's shorting. With no RDA on it, and the firing contact not making contact.

SO - is that a fried 510?
And is there any way to repair or replace the REO P67 510?
Do I need to get that delrin insert thing out to diagnose this?
I seem to remember Rob basically saying "you need an industrial press to remove or insert a Reo 510"...

View attachment 871529
This is an “above the fold” story. It is nearly impossible to break a Reo. I haven't a clue but wiser folks will chime in.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Only way the p67 could fully drain a bat I believe is if the fire pin was stuck against the positive post.. which could happen if some liquid got behind the fire button and the button would stick. That button needs some grooves cut into the button so it can't become suctioned to the mod body with being wet.. which is pretty easy to happen from a rda leaking. One of the reasons why I dont like the p67 besides all the extra parts to make it work just for a side firing mod.

Simple grove in the base of the button would prevent it from sealing.. thought a spring would help.. but it can still seal with the button spring!

Grand is king cause of the 510 perch helps hold juice from running down the mod.. and the too fire dont seem to be bothered.

Anyways.. take that nipple out and get the delrin part out and check for loose connections.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
WIll do - thanks for the nipple advice (lol).
But just to clarify, it is definitely not the fire pin involved.
I can hear that noise, something shorted - literally while looking at the firing pin, not touching anything!

Only way the p67 could fully drain a bat I believe is if the fire pin was stuck against the positive post.. which could happen if some liquid got behind the fire button and the button would stick. That button needs some grooves cut into the button so it can't become suctioned to the mod body with being wet.. which is pretty easy to happen from a rda leaking. One of the reasons why I dont like the p67 besides all the extra parts to make it work just for a side firing mod.

Simple grove in the base of the button would prevent it from sealing.. thought a spring would help.. but it can still seal with the button spring!

Grand is king cause of the 510 perch helps hold juice from running down the mod.. and the too fire dont seem to be bothered.

Anyways.. take that nipple out and get the delrin part out and check for loose connections.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
And the Reo rides again!!!
Thanks @SteamStack - getting the nipple off and behind the delrin was what was needed.
As you can see in my first pick - contact was OK - if I popped a battery in there as pictured - clearly no pin contact, it would have this "slow short" hiss. Enough to drain a battery over a day - but not enough to get hot or drop a spring!

I am pretty sure there was RUST behind the issue. You can see that red around the edges of the delrin - must have been rust, and conductive enough and in the wrong places, to short somewhere by or at the 510. I might have rinsed and put her away wet...?

Cleaned (vodka and a fine steel bristle brush) - and sha-bam.
She's good as new. lol.
allclear.jpg

More personality than new...so better than new, right?

worksfine.jpg

Take it apart. You'll need to loosen the tube nipple first with a pliers to get the delrin housing out to inspect.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Also - a pic to celebrate the Reo revival. And so you don't feel "he's such a mod abuser" - it's just the two on the far right that take a beating - travelling with me, getting dropped, going on hikes, hammering in nails...whatever.
The rest are all in pristine condition (though if the black P67 had died, another would likely have to take his place on the road).

8reos.jpg

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Hey all!

Id like to try a rebuildable tank atty (RTAi think they're called)

I use an O Little 16 and an RM2 so I like MTL. Can anyone suggest one to try that has a similar two - post build deck like the attys I use? Can I use ready-x-Wick in it or must I use cotton?

I currently have 2 that I like, the Kayfun prime, and the Kayfun Lite 2019. The prime is kind of tall but the adjustable air and juice controls are nice. The Lite has no juice control, but does still have air flow control, and it is short! I personally like the lite more that the prime. :)

KAS

Reactions: jifjifjif

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Wow! Good to see you @fatherdano and congratulations on quitting vaping! I can’t imagine not vaping but then again I could not imagine life without smoking almost 7 years ago. We will see.

So I don’t get out much in the vaping world other than here. Are folks using tanks with their Reos? Just curious. If so, why?

Users who are viewing this thread