Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Yeah I have decided to buy this thing. it might be abit big but then again I have a GIGANTIC DIY dna 200 mod so I don't care.

but god knows when it is going to come to europe.

by the way. is wismec an american company or a chinese company?

Wismec is a Chinese company, to the best of my knowledge.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
I've got like, two and a half dozen 20a+ 18650s of various brands. Which, by the way, still cost less in total than the cost of the Reuleaux. :)

When I buy a new mod, I usually buy batteries for it, and replacement batteries for it. When I get rid of a mod, I keep the batteries. And I don't buy any mods with sealed batteries.

What I don't have is polygamous sets of three. So if I got the RX, I'd need at least six more batteries. :)
Lol polygamous, me too, I have a bunch of paired batts of different brands but not a single extra, except when it comes to my Sony VTC's and Sammy 25's.

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
Lol polygamous, me too, I have a bunch of paired batts of different brands but not a single extra, except when it comes to my Sony VTC's and Sammy 25's.
well to be honest will it really be THAT much of a problem. I mean this isn't like a sigelei or IPV that will keep on draining a battery when they don't match. pretty sure the DNA 200 board will step in if one battery is completely off.

but man since they are a chinese company. fasttech and gearbest ahoy. maybe some nice initial discount. man if fasttech or GB sells this thing for like 130 bucks. I am jumping on this thing so hard.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
well to be honest will it really be THAT much of a problem. I mean this isn't like a sigelei or IPV that will keep on draining a battery when they don't match. pretty sure the DNA 200 board will step in if one battery is completely off.

but man since they are a chinese company. fasttech and gearbest ahoy. maybe some nice initial discount. man if fasttech or GB sells this thing for like 130 bucks. I am jumping on this thing so hard.
No, it's not a huge problem. I'll only have one 3 18650 battery DNA 200, so whatever batteries I have more than two of will go in it. You do point out a neat feature of the DNA200, the onboard balancing charger (and I guess discharge as well?) so a new battery with two used one's won't be a problem. The rest of my 650's will be for whAt I use now. Problem solved for me. Just an odd number of required batts for a mod, Ya I know there are a handful of triple 18650 -devices out there. So be cool playa.....:cool:.
I'm definitely going to order one as soon as FT or GB has a preorder up. Most likely GB. FT left a bad taste in my mouth. They lied to me too many times.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...

Well, it's still a series battery, and while the DNA200 can help keep them healthy longer, it can't change physics. So marrying is still a good idea. Especially good on a 200 watt device that's capable of pulling 23 amps.

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
man checking out mike vapes's review.

this really shows that this thing isn't that big. hell its pretty much the same size as most devices with a decent lipo battery. it's just thicker but that curve on the thickness seems like it would feel better than the flat thickness of normal boxes.

apparently wismec is owned by joyetech?

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Well, it's still a series battery, and while the DNA200 can help keep them healthy longer, it can't change physics. So marrying is still a good idea. Especially good on a 200 watt device that's capable of pulling 23 amps.

+1000..... battery safety matters.... folks will make their own decision on marrying batteries....keeping series batteries married has been discussed for many years here on ECF....

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
+1000..... battery safety matters.... folks will make their own decision on marrying batteries....keeping series batteries married has been discussed for many years here on ECF....
And before the DNA200 we didn't have a board that actively monitors 18650s and protects us from killing batteries. at most you will have less vapetime but the story of non married series 18650s dieing because one battery depleting faster is now gone. before mods would just pull voltage without any protection so you could have the whole 2,8 volts for one and 3,4 for another scenario.

but now the DNA200 will throw a unbalanced error the moment one of the 18650s goes onderneath your set minimum voltage.

so you CANT kill a unmarried battery anymore since the board prevents that from happening in the first place. like I said. at most you will have less vape time.

and eh. marrying. i married two 25rs for my X-cube II from the beginning. one battery is always more depleted than the other. sometimes by 0,2/0,3

Last edited:
Reactions: VapingBad
man checking out mike vapes's review.

this really shows that this thing isn't that big. hell its pretty much the same size as most devices with a decent lipo battery. it's just thicker but that curve on the thickness seems like it would feel better than the flat thickness of normal boxes.

apparently wismec is owned by joyetech?

You would be correct. Joyetech owns Wismec.

Reactions: Rockwell222

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
This is the mod I'm eyeing right now myself, but I'm gonna wait until the first few batches are out of the way, so I'm looking at probably January to purchase. Excited!
I wish I was as patient as you are. You probably have the best idea. I just love my 2 other DNA 200's but can't stand the battery life. I'm pretty positive this will solve the battery issue. Plus I like bigger mods.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
I just put three 18650's in my hand to get a rough estimate of how big it'll be, it's gonna be a chubber, that's fer sure. Still, you throw 3 hg2's and you're set for a while. It'll be like my flask,'s in terms of battery life and weight. I'm hoping to see this around the $115-$130 mark soon.

Reactions: footbag

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
I really like everything this device does, but I hate the look. Maybe it's not so bad in person? It looks huge.

Now, 3x the battery life of my VS. That could make me buy an ugly device!

I agree with PB. The black should be rubberized or leatherized. It needs style.
to me every mod looks huge in videos. hell the first time I held a vapor flask I was like "holy .... this is tiny".

if you look at the comparision

oijoi-png.500636

It's not that much bigger than a shark. it's just wider but the shape makes it fit perfectly.

edit: man I just realised how you can see how badly the paint is peeling off on his rDNA 200

Last edited:

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
This is the mod I'm eyeing right now myself, but I'm gonna wait until the first few batches are out of the way, so I'm looking at probably January to purchase. Excited!
I think I'll be doing the same thing, not gonna jump in head first for once... if the finish holds up I'm definatly in :)

Reactions: vassilbg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread