The SilverPlay RTA: for Clouds On-the-Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
They really need to stock parts. While you didn't buy it from them, they could still make a buck selling parts. Can't you make one? Just asking I don't know what it looks like as mine is in shipping but its gotta be possible.

That's my plan. And I think I'm going to use PEEK. I personally think its a flawed design.

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
That's my plan. And I think I'm going to use PEEK. I personally think its a flawed design.

I just got mine. Yeah that's too much plastic to be so close to the coils. Even the wolverine is ceramic. Hate capture screw posts too, they always drill too far, always cuts my nickel wire. Rounded the screws on a sharpening stone and that helped. Railed at 40W on DNA40 at 410F with dual 3mm 10 wrap 28 gauge Ni200 for a total res of .15. Barely fits but working great so far.

:toast::vapor:

WickedBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
United States
I put a build on mine today. Using dual 24g titanium1 7 wraps on 2.2mm came out around .13. Wicked it with Rayon and loaded it with Boba's and I am quite impressed at the performance. Im pegged at 40w on a dna40 set to 330F (Adjusted for titanium) I had tried one when I was using nickel and it was very frustrating. Using titanium made building it a breeze. I have noticed already that I am ripping through juice quickly so this probably is more for a wind down night than an adv.

Im using a kayfun topcap / mtank with a kayfun chimney. Much easier to monitor juice level.

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Got my Silverplay yesterday and was so excited to try it out I cleaned it then put a 26g dual 3mm micro at 0.5ohm in it and wicked with cotton. However, I wicked it like a kayfun, and quickly found it leaking out the air holes.

Tonight I rebuilt, dual 27g 2.5mm at 0.7ohm, wicked like an Orchid, and now it's vaping like a dream at 30 watts on my Sigelei mini. Burning through juice like nobody's business, but the flavor and vapor production are great! Will try building lower next time, but for now I'm really enjoying the massive airflow and great flavor of this tank.

-Treeburner

WickedBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
United States
I put a build on mine today. Using dual 24g titanium1 7 wraps on 2.2mm came out around .13. Wicked it with Rayon and loaded it with Boba's and I am quite impressed at the performance. Im pegged at 40w on a dna40 set to 330F (Adjusted for titanium) I had tried one when I was using nickel and it was very frustrating. Using titanium made building it a breeze. I have noticed already that I am ripping through juice quickly so this probably is more for a wind down night than an adv.

Im using a kayfun topcap / mtank with a kayfun chimney. Much easier to monitor juice level.

I have ran around 10ml of Boba's through this now and I am loving it. I am running 37.5w 330F. Rich flavor with a large amount of vapor. It is a great middle ground setup for me.

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Rebuilt with 26g kanthal, 8/9 wrap dual 2.5mm microcoils coming in around 0.6ohm and it's running beautifully at 30w on my Sigelei Mini, although I ran it up to 50w for a bit on the Sig 100. Wicking like an Orchid there's no leaks, and the two-piece chimney makes it very easy to check wick positioning before juicing the wick and assembling. I haven't had any problem keeping my coils away from the insulator, but I've been staying around 2.5mm and keeping them high to avoid that issue. Really loving this setup, but will definitely need to get some parts to increase fill capacity and visibility. Great buy for the price!

-Treeburner

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
So, I got it yesterday and built right away. 7/8 wrap 26Gauge @ .49ohm. Flavor is ok, not as good as my Lemo, or even the subtank mini rba, could this be due to the 26 guage or wicking?

The atty airflow is great and flavor decent. Only gripe i have so far is the damn stock setup. Cant wait until my bellcap comes in,

If you want better flavor, throw a Kayfun nano kit on there and build a 2.5mm-3.0mm 26 gauge coil to .7-.6ohm (VV/VW best option) wick with high shoulders and just "enough" into the top most part the juice channels. The MUCH shorter length from coil to mouth, paired with slightly more surface area and more wick will improve things greatly in my experience.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Had to share this as it's so profound of a vape experience. I accidentally stumbled on the most amazing SilverPlay setup this weekend when about to trash my Kayfun V4 clone by Tobeco for leaking out the #16 o-ring constantly....

Zw8i3Lt.jpg

It fits perfectly on the SilverPlay deck without the small internal chimney of either device... 3mm coils... cotton wicks the full lengths of the juice channels... screw the tank down and you're all set! The e-liquid simply gets sucked vertically down on top of your cotton wick tails at the bottom deck of the SilverPlay. Vaped a tank of max VG yesterday without any sort of leaks and amazing wicking. Much better wicking that on a regular Kayfun v4 build or standard SilverPlay builds. Hell, this just took every single amazing thing about the Kayfun v4 (top fill, remove build without juice) and the SilverPlay (easy dual builds, great adjustable airflow) and combined them to make what's got to be the best all around RTA on the market. The "KayPlay". lol!

I've found my unicorn combination. (for now lol)

jmhenckel81

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2014
Athens, MI
Had to share this as it's so profound of a vape experience. I accidentally stumbled on the most amazing SilverPlay setup this weekend when about to trash my Kayfun V4 clone by Tobeco for leaking out the #16 o-ring constantly....

Zw8i3Lt.jpg

It fits perfectly on the SilverPlay deck without the small internal chimney of either device... 3mm coils... cotton wicks the full lengths of the juice channels... screw the tank down and you're all set! The e-liquid simply gets sucked vertically down on top of your cotton wick tails at the bottom deck of the SilverPlay. Vaped a tank of max VG yesterday without any sort of leaks and amazing wicking. Much better wicking that on a regular Kayfun v4 build or standard SilverPlay builds. Hell, this just took every single amazing thing about the Kayfun v4 (top fill, remove build without juice) and the SilverPlay (easy dual builds, great adjustable airflow) and combined them to make what's got to be the best all around RTA on the market. The "KayPlay". lol!

I've found my unicorn combination. (for now lol)
Nice! I was wondering how that would work with kayfun 4 parts. Is that just the silverplay deck with the kayfun 4 chimney and tank parts?

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Nice! I was wondering how that would work with kayfun 4 parts. Is that just the silverplay deck with the kayfun 4 chimney and tank parts?

It is. Operates just as the Aqua 2 does. All Kayfun 4 tank and chimney but no inner "small chimney ring" from either atty... Just the SP base. Just re wicked it and it's doing great again. A little "weeping" of juice droplets out the air holes for the first 5 minutes then it was gone.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
I tried it a couple of weeks back. Wicked great with no leaks but the flavor was really lacking. I was surprised because my Aqua v2 has outstanding flavor.

Really?! I'm getting even better flavor with my build compared to an identical build in the Aqua 2. The SP Kayfun combo most def delivers more juice than the Aqua and it's more along the lines of a Rose vape only more condensed. But these things are so dependent on build and personal experience and taste. Regardless they're all great RTAs!

ahgnus

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
38.8833° N, 77.0167° W
Silverplay is definitely one of the best performing RTAs out there. However, one of my gripes always has been its small juice capacity. All nano kit builds I've tried have proven unpractical as the tank guzzles through juice in no time. (I vape at 60 watts on 0.2ohm build.) I've been experimenting with different glass/metal builds since I have a couple of juices in my rotation that eats through plastic. Below are couple of successful builds.

IMG_2808_zpsmlrtuxii.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2805_zpsnzppscoh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2806_zpsjcjeadqv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

^^^This is Silverplay as well.

ahgnus

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
38.8833° N, 77.0167° W
SIlverplay is awesome!!

For an RTA... It just doesn't quite match the RDA experience. I've been tinkering away again in order to get closer to RDA-like experience with SP. One of the well known reasons why an RTA cannot replicate the RDA experience is the longer travel required for vapors to reach the mouth. The vapor cools down and the flavor gets a bit muted while traveling from the coils through the chimney stack and to the drip tip. So I set out to fix this problem. I wanted to shorten the distance from the coils to the drip tip while still maintaining decent juice capacity. The only way to retain or increase juice capacity while shortening the height is to increase the diameter of the tank. Here is what I ended up building.

Silverplay Type-R

image5_zpsaigpqkeg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Maybe I overdid it with red accent o-rings...
image2_zpspcjx9hx8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Without the drip tip
image3_zpst5xn82ab.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Next to previous pyrex chuff cap build

Notice the shortened travel distance.

The Verdict: Almost...

It's one step closer to RDA-like experience. The flavor did improve as it produced warmer vape, but it's not quite there yet when compared to popular flavor chasing RDAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread