The SilverPlay RTA: for Clouds On-the-Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA
Finally had a chance to play around with my build tonight. The first build I did caused some leaking through the AFC. I wrapped new coils, 24g 6 wraps, 2.5 MM Kuro Coiler. (the Kuro is excellent) Wicked it a little thicker than my last build and just pushed the cotton back on the deck allowing a small amount to sit on the larger juice flow slots.

Wicking perfectly, excellent flavor and vapor production and no leaking. I'm very happy with this tank and think it looks pretty good on my SX Mini.

I have the UD Goblin coming Saturday, if it's better than this I'll be Very pleased.

Pclarity

Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Fairfax County VA
So far this has to be my favorite FrankenPlay set up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422595490.179615.jpg

Infinite KFL+ v2 Top Cap
Infinite Orchid Tank
SilverPlay Deck
28g 2.5ID 8 wraps .67 ohms 14.6W

Best flavor. Better even than the stock tank.
Least annoying to fill. The nano drop kit from the Infinite KFL+ blocked the fill hole just enough to make filling tricky.

The airflow with the nano drop kit was also a bit tighter than stock. The airflow in this setup is almost ridiculous at two wholes. With for holes wide open, it chucks clouds like nobody's business, and the flavor still beats the stock tank by an order of magnitude.

The flavor with the nano drop kit was comparable to the stock setup. The flavor with this setup is more comparable to my Aqua V2 which has recently become my bar to reach for flavor in RTAs.

I wish I could find a dropped and slammed top, but everywhere I've looked is out of stock. Even better would be the top cap from the nano drop kit, but the chimney top would need to be a couple mm shorter.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
So far this has to be my favorite FrankenPlay set up.

View attachment 407880

Infinite KFL+ v2 Top Cap
Infinite Orchid Tank
SilverPlay Deck
28g 2.5ID 8 wraps .67 ohms 14.6W

Best flavor. Better even than the stock tank.
Least annoying to fill. The nano drop kit from the Infinite KFL+ blocked the fill hole just enough to make filling tricky.

The airflow with the nano drop kit was also a bit tighter than stock. The airflow in this setup is almost ridiculous at two wholes. With for holes wide open, it chucks clouds like nobody's business, and the flavor still beats the stock tank by an order of magnitude.

The flavor with the nano drop kit was comparable to the stock setup. The flavor with this setup is more comparable to my Aqua V2 which has recently become my bar to reach for flavor in RTAs.

I wish I could find a dropped and slammed top, but everywhere I've looked is out of stock. Even better would be the top cap from the nano drop kit, but the chimney top would need to be a couple mm shorter.

What's that capacity with this setup? Would love to get it to 4ml at least.

Anyone know the post screw size? It seems like one of my positive screw posts is trashed, I've swapped screws but it doesn't make a difference, so I'm thinking about re tapping it.

I emailed vaporDNA about this and here is the response I got. This is from today, very happy with the response. I didn't expect to hear back from them today. I don't know if they are sending me an all new tank or a new positive block, but either way I'm happy. Very good customer service. My message to them is at the bottom.

Dear XXXX,

We apologize about the issues you are experiencing with your device. We do have a few left available to send as a replacement. We will have it shipped out to you as soon as possible. Once it has been shipped, you will receive an email with a new tracking.

Sincerely,

XXXX
VaporDNA Customer Service Team

-----Original Message-----
Sent:.Sunday, February 1, 2015 10:27am
To:.customerservice@vapordna.com
Subject: Contact Us Submission

name: XXXX
email: XXXX
phone:.XXXX
Any chance of buying a new positive post on the Silverplay? Or getting a new one sent out. The threading on one of my positive screw holes is bad, I've swapped it with a replacement screw and it didn't make a difference..

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I emailed vaporDNA about this and here is the response I got. This is from today, very happy with the response. I didn't expect to hear back from them today. I don't know if they are sending me an all new tank or a new positive block, but either way I'm happy. Very good customer service. My message to them is at the bottom.

Dear XXXX,

We apologize about the issues you are experiencing with your device. We do have a few left available to send as a replacement. We will have it shipped out to you as soon as possible. Once it has been shipped, you will receive an email with a new tracking.

Sincerely,

XXXX
VaporDNA Customer Service Team

-----Original Message-----
Sent:.Sunday, February 1, 2015 10:27am
To:.customerservice@vapordna.com
Subject: Contact Us Submission

name: XXXX
email: XXXX
phone:.XXXX
Any chance of buying a new positive post on the Silverplay? Or getting a new one sent out. The threading on one of my positive screw holes is bad, I've swapped it with a replacement screw and it didn't make a difference..

VaporDNA does have excellent customer service. I had an issue with my SP glass so I emailed them as a heads up and told them it wasn't a big deal as I'd planned to get a Kayfun tank and topcap but they insisted on a refund, store credit, or a replacement.

I opted for the store credit even though their prices tend to be a bit higher than some others but with customer service like that, I'll gladly pay a couple of extra bucks to do business with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Sure does. Had mine set up like that for a little while. The only fit issues comes down to various top section chimney heights depending on what different nano or other kits you have. I have maybe 5 different sets of "nano" to "micro" kayfun kits and almost every single one has a slightly different height top-most chimney piece... might only be by a mm or two... but it matters sometimes.

Got my replacement silverplay from vaporDNA last night. Very great of them to send out a new unit because of poor threading. The new one is what I hoped it would be, good threads, good machining, and as a pleasant surprise no more seepyness. My old one didn't leak openly, it just seeped constantly. the first one I got was a little disappointing. This one is much better.

ahgnus

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
38.8833° N, 77.0167° W
It holds more than a regular nano kit because of the top cap design. I think it holds 2.5mil-ish. I will measure it with a syringe and post the exact number later.

K-pico kit comes with the wide-bore short stack and the top cap, and the extension kit comes with the extension tank section and a long stack. Here is the picture of K-pico & extension kit.

image1_zpsnix4elun.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Be aware, if you are going to get the kit, that the threads on the chimney stacks do not screw onto SP's bottom chimney smoothly at first. I had to clean the threads by working it in and out of the lower chimney repeatedly, and it was a pain. I think it had more to do with the jacked-up threads on SP chimney, but I did see some other folks reporting the same issue on Kayfun chimneys. I had the patience and tools to clean out the threads so it wasn't a big deal, but I must advise you that the top chimney stacks might not screw on smoothly on your first try. Hopefully, yours will have better clearance, and you won't encounter this problem.

Some more shots of this nano setup.

image10_zpslv1cgowa.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
image11_zpsejwmlphv.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

ahgnus

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
38.8833° N, 77.0167° W

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Sorry about the mishap. You definitely have to raise the coils high enough. Same issue and solution reported before here.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rta/638103-silverplay-rta-clouds-go-14.html

I bought it used. My coils were nowhere near it. I took pics of my build before I tore it out. I'm pretty sure it came this way.

Talk to vaporDNA. They sent me a new one because I had a problem with mine.

I emailed them so hopefully they will support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread