The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Sophia Atomizer by Leo (ProVari Tank Will Be Available)

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by Technonut, Sep 26, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Zbeast08

Zbeast08 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 18, 2013
    Wilson, NC, USA
    That sounds great! I wasn't sure how well it would work with the coil not being a "micro" or a tight coil with the cotton ball wick. Good to know as I may blow thru some of my prebuilts that I purchased originally with the Sophia's!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Susan W.

Susan W. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2013
    Torrance, CA
    Not Spydro but the length of time coils will last has to do with the juice you use. I have one juice that I love that I have to rebuild every other day. I could dry burn and that would give me another day or two but even if I dry burn and rewick I don't like the taste so I just make another coil. Other juices, I can go a week or more without rebuilding. I do think I rebuild more often than necessary but to me, it's easy and the pre-made wires aren't expensive.

3. paladinx

paladinx Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2008
    mars
    Do you notice a difference in flavor? I remember todd saying he gets more flavor from the diver V2. I also like that the diver is shorter in length. But the sophia has cooler options like juice flow, being able to work on it with juice in the tank. don't think the diver can do that or maybe it can. ::: shrugs:::. can they both work in a regular carto tank? I get my tanks from ibtanked.

Regards

4. paladinx

Dec 3, 2008
    mars
    and where the hell do you even buy this sophia? I found a couple sites in Europe so damn expensive..

5. Susan W.

Apr 30, 2013
    Torrance, CA
    Most of us have been buying from either By Leo in Greece or House Of Mods in the UK. I was able to pick a few up off the classies by putting up a wanted ad. Got them for a great price too. But I still had to buy some consumables from By Leo.

6. thewomenfolk

thewomenfolk Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2009
    Colorado John 3:16
    And where do you find the Diver?

7. thewomenfolk

Sep 6, 2009
    -----

I see the V2 Diver now at the Phiniac site, but it looks like a tube Mod and not an atomizer or cartomizer. What's up with that?

-----

8. Susan W.

Apr 30, 2013
    Torrance, CA
    Are you looking at this:
    [​IMG]

I think it looks bigger than it really is. Actually, there are a bunch of different styles with the Diver. They come flanged or unflanged and then there's the Enezlis one which has the middle tapered. It doesn't look like Phiniac is selling all the styles. They do go into a carto tank, just like a Sophia.

9. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    A couple other Diver options are available at VapeRev

10. thewomenfolk

Sep 6, 2009
    Thank you to everyone who answered my questions! I think the more I'm learning the more confused I'm getting. I guess it takes a lot of homework to make sure you get what you're really looking to get. :)

11. thewomenfolk

Sep 6, 2009
    Yes, that's what I was looking at. Then I went to the vape rev site and got even more confused. LOL

12. RebelGolfer72

RebelGolfer72 Moved On ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I don't have a sophia, but do agree about the organic cotton in my genesis style attys and dripper. Seems to wick the best as well.

Are there any USA dealers for the Sophia yet? And what do they run?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Bella Chic

Bella Chic Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 4, 2009
    Southeast Texas
    No USA vendors. Even if there were, honestly, I'd still make my purchases straight from Billie at ByLeo. He is top notch, hands down. :)

14. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Sorry, just now seeing your question.

A lot of other folks have made great posts that probably have satisfied your question already. Most important that was suggested is to note that "how long" depends on a lot of factors. The build itself, how you set up your device, how you vape, juice rotation, and maintenance might be an acceptable short list of factors put in groups, but each group has it’s own list of ramifications. You can ruin a wick or a coil quite fast by not having your ducks in a row, but you can also have a wick last for weeks and a coil for up to months maybe if you do.

15. thewomenfolk

Sep 6, 2009
    Spydro, I appreciate your answer. And I can sure understand how the rebuild can affect how long it's good for, and also what device and what voltage we're using. I was just looking for an answer like this... "Mine all last for 6 months". :)

Thank you for chiming in!

16. paladinx

Dec 3, 2008
    mars
    I would have liked to get the sophia with all the positive reviews.. I like the idea of juice control.. But its so much more expensive than the diver.. Its over 100 bucks.. and the diver I can get for 61 with shipping. that is a pretty big price gap.. So judging on the price gap.. do people still recommend the sophia over it?

Another thing.. everyone is into either clearomizers or cloud chasing.. I wish t here was more videos etc on these devices.. I heard with ceramic you can't use too high voltage, or too low of a resistance. Id want to buy the premade no resistance wires and wrap it myself. But I don't know what size coil to build, or what resistance etc. Depending on the size of the coil. might effect wicking etc.. Seems like a lot of variables .. that is why the sophia seemed cool with the juice control.. looked like you could compensate a little. You guys are my only source for information.

17. thewomenfolk

Sep 6, 2009
  18. Susan W.

Apr 30, 2013
    Torrance, CA
    As far as the pre-made wires, most of us buy them from Stormy's Vapor Cellar. They come in 1.2, 1.5, 1.8, 2.2, 2.4, 2.8 ohms so there's a big range to choose from. I use a 1/16" drill bit to wrap my coils and the entire resistance wire gets coiled, not sure how many coils that is since I just coil from length of it. The 1/16" drill bit makes coils that are too big for the ceramic cup so I let my coils ride on top of the ceramic cup. It makes it easier to rewick too. If you want to go to a lower resistance, you have to make the wires yourself.

How high voltage are you planning on using? And how low resistance? The ceramic cup can withstand a lot but it's not for extreme-end (unsafe) vaping.

Come on over to the By Leo thread, everyone is nice there and will answer your questions. We don't bite.

19. paladinx

Dec 3, 2008
    mars
    Thank you for that info.. I would probably want to do a a coil no higher than 1.5 and use it on a mech mod. THanks for showing the thread.. i know thats all about leos.. Hope no one gets offended if i bring up the diver.

20. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    No one is going to get offened at By Leo, even eaier going there than this forum. I was going to buy Diver's, but got tired of waiting for them to get back in stock. Glad it worked out that way, the Sophia's are almost as good as the Dripper Pro's from by Leo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.