The Sophia Atomizer by Leo (ProVari Tank Will Be Available)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
darkgear, those are fabulous pictures. I stole them all. :) I sure like that real short drip tip.

I use a STR5 with a Beck on one of my Dripper Pro's and love the combination.

With Sophia's in tanks that are flush with the top you'd want longer STR's than the STR5. I use STR15.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
With Sophia's in tanks that are flush with the top you'd want longer STR's than the STR5. I use STR15.

Well that's true! I use the shorty drip tips almost exclusively. But on my MicroStick I use the rotatable stainless steel tip. Looks very cool and doesn't destroy the small profile. I'll try to post a pic....

image.jpg

-----

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Well that's true! I use the shorty drip tips almost exclusively. But on my MicroStick I use the rotatable stainless steel tip. Looks very cool and doesn't destroy the small profile. I'll try to post a pic....

View attachment 309212

-----

Whatever DT used, it must fit tightly, and able to be turned without slipping, so Sophia's juice control can be used...

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
Sophia is better

I've not had a diver but my Sophia's (all 8 of the) are amazing!!! I was using cartos in my carto tanks but just sold all my cartos and will never go back...ever! My Sophia's have been the best vaping experience ever and I've been at this since 2009! Take the plunge and go ahead and get 2, not 1, 2! Because if you just get 1 you will kick yourself when it arrives and you didn't order 2...seriously. :)

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I've not tried a Diver either but I believe darkgear when he says it's better. He's got the best of the best and tried all types of RBAs. When Bella tried to corner the market on Sophias, I knew I had to try one. I LOVE them too. I "only" have three of Sophias. Got two off the classies for a good price. I'm planning on selling 99% of my cartos soon. I'll keep a couple of boxes but I have no need for 125 of them anymore.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Hopefully some people are still watching this thread. :-\ I think these types of RBA's is what I need. How does the sophia compare to the diver V2? Does anyone prefer the diver V2 more? I remember todd saying he got better flavor off the diver v2. Id love to hear more opinions on this.

regards

I never used the Diver, and recently got the Sophia. My issue was bad batches of cartos I kept getting. 3 different kinds. I love carto tanks, but the cartos were making me very cranky. I will be getting a couple more Sophia as I am able to.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I too have not had a Diver, but I like my Sophia's almost enough to say I love them (but not as much as I love my Dripper Pro's).

I was on a waiting list for Diver's at a favored US vendor... and waiting... waiting... and more waiting until I got tired of waiting, changed gears and bought my Sophia's instead. In my case I waited so long because I was trying to support a vendor that I had become friends with and who had built me a custom tank (that turned out to be just for display). But I hated the other carto tanks I already had because I have always hated carto's and it was well past time to do something about it. For some folks it might be the price point that makes the decision for them. The Diver's are after all cheaper, $20+ cheaper, can be bought from US vendors when in stock for cheaper shipping and faster delivery.

So I am another one with a fair size supply of carto's I will never use again, a $40 carto punch I will never use again, and my first IBT carto's tanks that I will never use again. The later is just a personal thing though... lots of folks like their tanks - I don't.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
I have both, the diver v2 and Sophia's, in my rotation and I prefer the Sophia for a couple reasons. The diver is simple as far as no juice/air control, just fill and Vape but it is a slightly warmer Vape to me compared to the Sophia. The draw on the diver appears to be slightly tighter than the Sophia as well. Both are great attys IMHO but slightly different as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
I know I'm not Spydro but I've not had a coil go bad yet. I think the oldest coil I have is going on 3 or 4 weeks I believe. Now, I also believe this has a ton to do with how you are using them as well. What resistance you are using, how mant volts you are using, how you vape and all those fun lil it'd bits. I use 1.5 to 1.7 ohm coils and vape at around 3.8 to 4.0 volts with my Provaries. I vape most on the weekends and during the week, mostly in the evening, with a few small vape breaks during the day. I hope this helps a bit :)

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
I think some of you are removing the silica from the prebuilt cup/coil/wick and replacing with cotton or yarn, is this working well for you? I have been building my coils and using yarn but have quite a few prebuilts to use up and wanted to swap the silica out with cotton to see how that performs. Thanks

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Man this forum is emptying my bank account! Last week I bought Satin Provari 2.5, KF Prive, ZAP, finally a Black Provari 2.5 and NOW I want a Sophia!!!

Are they sold stateside or I have to buy directly from the byleo.eu website?

From the website

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
I think some of you are removing the silica from the prebuilt cup/coil/wick and replacing with cotton or yarn, is this working well for you? I have been building my coils and using yarn but have quite a few prebuilts to use up and wanted to swap the silica out with cotton to see how that performs. Thanks

Zbeast-I use the prebuilt and remove the silica wick and replace with cotton. Works well for me. I now have everything I need to start to build coils, just haven't jumped in yet. I have quite a number of prebuilt cups and I just keep putting off the 'learning curve' :)!

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
+1 for cotton. I use organice cotton balls. I have plenty of prebuilt cups but remove the silica and replace it with my cotton. I really love the cotton :)

you can't go wrong with organic cotton.. I've tried the rolled stuff, plain old sterilized, cotton yarn... and I prefer the organic cotton balls, best flavor IMHO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread