The Squape Reloaded! Best tank RBA coming soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA

kc4qR98.jpg
aGMkk0h.jpg

WHOO! What a trailer, even StattQualm is jumping on the Dubstep hype music bandwagon haha. Seriously though, this looks like a fine swiss piece of engineering to me. As a primary rda user, I've been looking for that device with a big convenient tank I can lug around with me on those days I'm just unable to use my hands, or even days where I don't want to take out the bottle every now and then, we've all had those days...

And I was a huge fan of the original SQuape, between it and the other obvious self feeding choice, the kayfun(s), it was my preferred simply because it had a ceramic deck that kept the vape warmer, but more importantly; I could drill the airflow wider to a relatively massive 5/64th's. That's not to say the Kayfun (91%) is a slouch whatsoever, I love both, from my experience it just came down to the squape being a tiny bit less problematic regarding wicking, and of course the huge airflow being a plus for bigger vapor. (Just what I prefer, both had about the same flavor to me.)

But this new SQuape R looks pretty bombtastic, adjustable airflow, AND that airflow looks like it'll be pretty huge. But to accommodate for that extra juice stealing airflow, they have replaceable decks. This to me is the most exciting part, because it looks like you'll be able to basically choose a deck for more or less juice flow as well. So if a certain build requires more or less juice/airflow, you can do it!

It's looking pretty capable to me to rearing on the sub-ohm/cloud-chasing territory to me, as well as catering to the flavor junkies who want that dense warm flavor. I personally thought the ceramic (non-conductive) deck was also a nice benefit my kayfun didn't have, as it kept the chamber heat insulated, as well as allowing me to touch my coils wherever they needed to be, resulting in a warm, finely tuned vape the way I wanted it.

I think this will be pretty huge soon, everything the first SQuape was missing, as well as all RBA's, was fixed (supposedly) in this new version. Matte Pyrex 5ml tank, so you can vape your tank crackers (btw has anybody ever actually had a tank crack from juice? Just wondering lol.), swappable ceramic/non-conductive/heat-insulating decks for more diverse building/wicking, MASSIVE adjustable airflow with a click, adjustable 510, no solder joint solid construction made from 304 stainless steel, and a cool design in SS/blue/red/black/brass accent.

I'm excited, the SQuape wasn't totally perfect, but it's one of the nicest machined self drippers I own, and it worked really well. This version seems to have filled all the gaps, I'm hoping it's as capable as it appears to be. Todd already has one (lucky bugger), and I think we'll be seeing a review on it soon.

What do you guys think? Yay...nay?

Cheers. :D

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I've been drooling over the Squape-R for a couple of months now. I would also like an Erlkonigin nano but I think the next item I buy will be a Kraken. I just bought a Heron and a JM22 Carbon so I need to pace myself. NOTHING NEW UNTIL CHRISTMAS (yah right!)

I'm glad I found out about it now, because I don't want to wait for it any longer! And I'm so jealous! I'd love to have a carbon fiber mod slyphex, one of the sexiest mods ever, what's the heron like? I know it's from the legendard paps, but how does it vape? I'm a chaser of the clouds, so how do you think I'd like it?

I found a paragon mod in my favorite vapeshop that I'm going to buy, pretty much the same thing but with copper. Should look awesome with my Dominator X LE copper RDA. I'm waiting for my next paycheck to buy it, they're holding it for me because I spotted the owner a few drinks at the bar one night :p.

slyphex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
USA
I'm glad I found out about it now, because I don't want to wait for it any longer! And I'm so jealous! I'd love to have a carbon fiber mod slyphex, one of the sexiest mods ever, what's the heron like? I know it's from the legendard paps, but how does it vape? I'm a chaser of the clouds, so how do you think I'd like it?

I found a paragon mod in my favorite vapeshop that I'm going to buy, pretty much the same thing but with copper. Should look awesome with my Dominator X LE copper RDA. I'm waiting for my next paycheck to buy it, they're holding it for me because I spotted the owner a few drinks at the bar one night :p.

I really like the Heron. It's so elegantly simple and easy to work on and refill. The Paragon is awesome looking too, I'm a little jealous. Also hello from Anchorage :)

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
I just saw Todd flash the box on his latest vlog and got all excited. Had to pause the video to see what the hell I've missed.

I'm a huge fan of the Squape. It's not as easy and simple as the Kayfun, but it's a brilliant design and a fantastic vape after you learn its quirks.

I can not WAIT for this! The original Squape has its problems, so I just hope they got ironed out with the Squape Reloaded.

I haven't been this excited about an atty since... jeeze... probably never! GOTTA HAVE IT!

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I really like the Heron. It's so elegantly simple and easy to work on and refill. The Paragon is awesome looking too, I'm a little jealous. Also hello from Anchorage :)

:ohmy: Another vaper in the 907? I thought we were an endangered species :p. Lovin' the beautiful weather as much as me? :D

~Fatboy vapors had the paragon for me if you were wondering by the way, it's a pretty limited shop, but the stuff they do have is pretty mint!

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I just saw Todd flash the box on his latest vlog and got all excited. Had to pause the video to see what the hell I've missed.

I'm a huge fan of the Squape. It's not as easy and simple as the Kayfun, but it's a brilliant design and a fantastic vape after you learn its quirks.

I can not WAIT for this! The original Squape has its problems, so I just hope they got ironed out with the Squape Reloaded.

I haven't been this excited about an atty since... jeeze... probably never! GOTTA HAVE IT!

I know right?! TAKE MY MONEY! lol Yeah the OG SQuape did have a little bit of a learning curve for sure, I think the only real hard part is wicking the channels just right. If you could do that, it was alot less fickle than my russian, it would keep up with my chain vaping, yet never flood. I still think the ceramic chamber is the best part, it insulated all that heat, kept the juice from condensating on the walls, and had the purest flavor of anything I've tried, it's like an e-liquid kiln lol.

The worst thing about the first squape was how you fill it though! That was the hardest thing to learn for me lol, they give you a small gap not even a toothpick can slide though, boy was that fun without a syringe :lol:. Hope they fix that for sure, by the way love the avatar, American McGee's Alice was the bees knees.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I'll def get one, if the air holes are even remotely as massive as it looks on the video.

That said, is it me or does it look like a hugeazz atty? Like, length wise. :O

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

Yeah buddy! I hope the airholes are even bigger than the video, or even drillable! (Can you imagine "cloud chasing" with a 5ml tank? That's pretty near my vape heaven.) it looks to be a little taller than the average kayfun, but to me, that's a good thing. I like my setups to be as hefty as possible, and the original squape was like that too, super heavy and tall. But it's 22mm, and shouldn't be longer than any mod, so it won't look funny.

Personally I'm ok with a setup about no bigger than an olympic baton lol, I'm a big guy though, so what can you do?

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Yeah buddy! I hope the airholes are even bigger than the video, or even drillable! (Can you imagine "cloud chasing" with a 5ml tank? That's pretty near my vape heaven.) it looks to be a little taller than the average kayfun, but to me, that's a good thing. I like my setups to be as hefty as possible, and the original squape was like that too, super heavy and tall. But it's 22mm, and shouldn't be longer than any mod, so it won't look funny.

Personally I'm ok with a setup about no bigger than an olympic baton lol, I'm a big guy though, so what can you do?

Hahahah you're prolly one of those guys totting a 26650 mod around.

My issue is more with the length than overall size per se. I'm a decently sized 220 lbs, 6ft3 military man, and I find even a full sized provari + kfl+ to be unfriendly for the pocket. The way it sits in my front pocket, there's been more than 1 occasion where it's been mistaken as a certain body part.

Maybe I'll just end up using it with a 18490 telescoping mech. Regardless, I'll wait till I see the actual air hole size. That's gonna be my biggest interest

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
I know right?! TAKE MY MONEY! lol Yeah the OG SQuape did have a little bit of a learning curve for sure, I think the only real hard part is wicking the channels just right. If you could do that, it was alot less fickle than my russian, it would keep up with my chain vaping, yet never flood. I still think the ceramic chamber is the best part, it insulated all that heat, kept the juice from condensating on the walls, and had the purest flavor of anything I've tried, it's like an e-liquid kiln lol.

The worst thing about the first squape was how you fill it though! That was the hardest thing to learn for me lol, they give you a small gap not even a toothpick can slide though, boy was that fun without a syringe :lol:. Hope they fix that for sure, by the way love the avatar, American McGee's Alice was the bees knees.

Yeah I love the Squape for vaping Boba's Bounty. But I also hate it.

I love it because of the air flow, which makes all the flavors of Boba's just pop out. It's amazing. I also love it for the deck. Being able to access the deck without emptying the tank is just total love when it comes to Boba's. Considering I have to rewick and dry burn every tank, or every other tank, having quick and easy access to the deck is just amazing.

The only thing I hate about the Squape is the super tight space between the bell and the tank, like you said. Filling the Squape with a high VG juice is a test of patience. It takes me longer to fill the thing than to rewick it. That super tight area around the bell is unforgiving when filling it, especially with a thick juice. I've gotten to the point where, when using a syringe, I put in about a mil (if that, usually half a mil) then tap the atty on my desk to get the bubbles out, then go back to filling. I usually get impatient though and wind up spilling juice over the edge of the bell and it will run out the drip tip and all over my desk.

Here's to hoping the new Squape solves that problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread