Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Are there any images or videos that show how this is done? I haven't been able to find any info on this.

Yeah, there is. That is, if you can find it. vapdivrr posted a video doing it in the authentic Erlkonigin thread started by qorax.

It's rather easy. You loosen the top a couple of turns, push the tank up until its flush with the top, tighten the top and drip tip, then unscrew the bottom.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
I have heard no reports of anyone's tank cracking from juice in the authentic Erlkonigin thread and I have been involved with it since very early. Concerning durability, the ErlK site sells SS tanks. Also, the ErlK can be disassembled to rebuild/rewick without emptying the tank.

Coil mounting on either device is a breeze. Wicking is a different story entirely in my experience. The ErlK requires more finesse.

I ran the SQr on my P2.5 and it was huge! I run my ErlKs on Vapor Flaks primarily and it's about the size of my Stingray X in 18650 with a Mutation X mounted on top. I also have a WAE II that I run the ErlKs on as well at times and it is a little longer but I got a nano kit and think it is perfect for the WAE II.

Here's a recent build on an ErlK clone I did the other day: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...lkonigin-clone-comparison-7.html#post14496877

Sorry, but I don't own a Trident so can't give an opinion concerning the AF to that.

If you ordered an authentic, they include a posi pole spacer with it. It is taped onto one end of the box so now you'll have two. :D

My erlkonigin is in Cincinnati! Just passed customs with no hiccups it appears, and it processed through their sort facility. Hoping to see it tomorrow, but not too sure. Very excited to land a solid build on this thing.

Jaxgator, I've been following your posts fairly carefully in the erlkonigin pictorial thread among others, sounds like you've got a lot of experience with it! Do you happen to prefer japanese cotton with it, or Rayon? I'm pretty interested in doing SS mesh wicks with it in the future as well, but I need to finesse the cotton before I play with mesh. My box of Rayon should be here by the end of the week, and I have a good supply of Koh Gen Do, as well as ReadyxWick and some silica too, but I don't bother with silica anymore

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
So now that I have the Erlkonigin, I'm still on the fence as far as how well I'm liking it. It's tricky to build, even though there's a 4000 post thread about perfecting it, and I've slapped about 10 different wicks, using mostly koh gen do, and one rayon build, with the koh gen do generally being the most successful. I know I could probably trade the Erlkonigin straight across for a Squape-R. Flavor isn't quite as big of a deal to me as big vapor since I've already said that I really like my Reo+Trident combination.

Mostly, all I want is an easy, hassle free platform to build on, and the Squape-R just looks so much easier, and more capable of handling higher viscosity juices, because that's primarily what I vape. The most success I've had with the Erlkonigin has led me to dilute my juice a bit with some distilled water, which results in a marked decrease in both flavor and vapor. Granted I may have diluted a little too much though. I'm also not using the AFC right nor the juice ring. Unfortunately, I already lost the juice ring, and haven't a clue where it went. I'm sure its around somewhere, but I literally can't find it. If I'm intending on trading it, I need to have that. Does anyone know where to find the replacement ring besides ordering direct from erlkonigin?

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Yeah the Squape is certainly a monster. That said, I pretty much only run the P3 in 18350 mode. That new Mark Bugs Gem looks like the best of both worlds. Money wouldn't be an issue as far as acquisition of a gem, it's the freakin availability. I wouldn't mind having a Chalice II either, but I'm perfectly happy with my Trident V2 on my Reo, and didn't care for the RM2 near as much...

I'm tempted to just pull the trigger on a Squape-R anyway and just sell the one that I like less. I'm sure I wouldn't be selling at a terrible loss given the popularity (and availability in the case of the Squape). Decisions...

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
So now that I have the Erlkonigin, I'm still on the fence as far as how well I'm liking it. It's tricky to build, even though there's a 4000 post thread about perfecting it, and I've slapped about 10 different wicks, using mostly koh gen do, and one rayon build, with the koh gen do generally being the most successful. I know I could probably trade the Erlkonigin straight across for a Squape-R. Flavor isn't quite as big of a deal to me as big vapor since I've already said that I really like my Reo+Trident combination.

Mostly, all I want is an easy, hassle free platform to build on, and the Squape-R just looks so much easier, and more capable of handling higher viscosity juices, because that's primarily what I vape. The most success I've had with the Erlkonigin has led me to dilute my juice a bit with some distilled water, which results in a marked decrease in both flavor and vapor. Granted I may have diluted a little too much though. I'm also not using the AFC right nor the juice ring. Unfortunately, I already lost the juice ring, and haven't a clue where it went. I'm sure its around somewhere, but I literally can't find it. If I'm intending on trading it, I need to have that. Does anyone know where to find the replacement ring besides ordering direct from erlkonigin?

I run mine with the AFC ring and the wick ring off. Happy with the results. Usually run mine between 1.0-1.3 ohms with KGD. 28 gauge 4-5 wraps so I have a fairly large diameter for broad shoulders and trim for thin wick down the juice channels.

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
Man that must be a huge diameter coil to get you to 1.3 ohms with 4-5 wraps of 28 gauge. Mine is 9 wraps of 29 gauge around a 2mm bit for 1.6 ohms

Very similar to the one Jaxgator posted on the other thread. Originally I used a 5/64, but now I wrap on a mini screwdriver for the bigger diameter. I use around double the the coil width on my KGD. The bigger diameter makes it super easy to thread the KGD and I end up with nice big shoulders. I just trim across the shoulder leaving a strand and the end for my down wick. Then trim it to go about half way down the channel. It has been working well for me. Easily replicated and actually goes really fast for me even if I want to put in a new coil. I just make sure my leads are at the bottom when I wrap them and put them around the screws for righty tighty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread