The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The TRUTH about nicotine?

Discussion in 'SmokeStik' started by lorikay13, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. lorikay13

lorikay13 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    I certainly don't claim to "know" the truth about anything...but I found this very interesting. And it makes sense to me. Especially after spending almost 2 years talking to and counseling people on the phone. Call it God....evolution....whatever you want. The human brain contains nicotine pathways and I don't believe in "accidents" that last for millions of years.

Nicotine

I found this while doing research so I could respond to a horrific article published in the NY Daily News regarding the "evils" of nicotine by some jackass "addiction expert" who was claiming that the use of an ecig negates a persons entire recovery program.....including recovery from alcohol and drugs. Say WHAT???? Are you efen kidding me? Your sober, your working your steps,your coping with reality....and an ECIG negates that? get real.

E-cigarettes are no way to quit smoking, they're just another road to nicotine addiction. - NY Daily News :nah:

Please do go leave an intelligent comment. Not only is this kind of crap damaging to the industry but more importantly.....it could be killing people. Excuse my tinfoil hat......but where is it written that recovery from anything MUST include endless suffering? Just like Big Pharma makes money from Big Tobacco via cancer.....so called recovery experts and programs make their money from suffering.

(ok...ok....yes of course I'm pissed they used a photo of Katherine Heigl ...but that really isn't my point. LOL )

2. Blakd

Blakd Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    Dallas TX
  3. dlsw

dlsw Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2012
    Ohio
    That was about the stupidest interview... What was the point exactly? The psychologist even seemed baffled by it.

4. CES

CES optimistic cynic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    I can't leave coherent non-rant comment to a piece of drivel like that- and the fewer views and interest it gets the better. Bah.

5. Katatonik

Katatonik Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Perhaps that interview needed to be heard aloud to be understood.
    It was a lot of rambling and should not have been posted online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.